Virtual 5Ks

snowman

DIS Veteran
I have read posts saying it's no more than a money grab by Disney. While this likely has merit, there is the other side in that it gives people who may not be able to afford doing a live Disney event a chance to participate. Then there are the people who, like me, aren't runners or are just getting healthy and need some extra motivation.

For me, the idea of being able to do my 5K away from crowds, not worrying about the embarrassment of doing a 120 minute walking 5K is very enticing. These virtual events are huge in keeping me putting one foot in front of other on the days when my college classes try to call me away. They are a help in enjoying watermelon instead of Honeycombs.

With that in my mind, I am planning on making my first Virtual 5K an "Inside/Out" 5K. I'll put the movie in the DVD player, set the treadmill to 120 minutes and walk my 3.1 miles. I'll have the family downstairs with me to watch the movie and cheer me on.....including creating a finish line for me. It will be as real as I make it.

Wanna join me?

We all started somewhere. No one was born running in races. I like that you will have a cheering section and a finish line. I'm nursing an injury but will root for you from at home :)

I also just ordered a set of blu-rays of Disney Parks and the History Channel's "Modern Marvels" on WDW. So they will be part of one of my 5Ks too. I'm really working this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter