• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visiting California...Disneyland and universal Hollywood help please

i did want to stay onsite for one night but there seems to be limited options and noting comes up for our dates ?

I really wanted to stay on-site, but I could not justify the serious amount that Disney were charging. Last time went stayed at Desert Inn and Suites and this time we are staying at the Tropicana, both are across the road from the entrance. Room was basic, but fine, we literally only used it to sleep in and spent the rest of the time at the parks! At Disney World we would always stay on site, at Disneyland we are happy to go off site.

I really wanted to stay on-site, but I could not justify the serious amount that Disney were charging. Last time went stayed at Desert Inn and Suites and this time we are staying at the Tropicana, both are across the road from the entrance. Room was basic, but fine, we literally only used it to sleep in and spent the rest of the time at the parks! At Disney World we would always stay on site, at Disneyland we are happy to go off site.

i havent even got any prices nothing comes up for our dates , i wasnt sure if they just dont have any rooms for 5 of if its fully booked up. i have pretty low hotel standards but just thought it would have been nice to splash out for a night . we spent all last night watching you tube , cars land looks so good

i havent even got any prices nothing comes up for our dates , i wasnt sure if they just dont have any rooms for 5 of if its fully booked up. i have pretty low hotel standards but just thought it would have been nice to splash out for a night . we spent all last night watching you tube , cars land looks so good
Just checked our dates next month for 2 adults & 3 children(All 3 say sleep up to 5 adults) and all 3 hotels are available:
Paradise Pier $298
Disneyland $396
Grand Cali $461
All plus tax

I really wanted to stay on-site, but I could not justify the serious amount that Disney were charging.

DLR is a completely different experience than WDW. Many off site hotels are within walking distance of the parks and some are even nearer than the onsite hotels.
I am a DVC member but the resort at DLR is very small and difficult to book, so I ended offsite a couple of times. While the Grand Californian is really beautiful, I would never pay Disney rates just to be there and I'm as happy being offsite. You'll probably end up being in the parks all day, onsite hotels have less a Resort feeling and I would never think about doing a full day without going to the parks like sometime I do at WDW.

I've been thninking that because DL tends to only take a few days to do max, how I fill the rest of the time.

ATM I'm torn by either putting it off to 2019 and doing D23 as well or if feasible, traveling to San Diego and doing a Disney cruise.

I've been thninking that because DL tends to only take a few days to do max, how I fill the rest of the time.

ATM I'm torn by either putting it off to 2019 and doing D23 as well or if feasible, traveling to San Diego and doing a Disney cruise.

D23 is tough, travelling all that way to maybe not even make it into the panels you want to see.

No problem filling the time, there is a ton of stuff to do in Socal. You will need 2 days at DLR and one day at Universal with FOL or VIP. Hire a car. Other things to do:
Longbeach, Queen Mary, Russian sub and Aquarium
LA, La brea tar pits and museum, Griffith Park, Observatory, Hollywood walk of fame, Graumanss Chinese theatre, Aztec Theater. Downtown LA
The beach at LA
Knotts Berry Farm theme park
Shopping at the outle tmalls, there is one about 10 mins from DLR
Hollywood sign
Drive throough the manure tunnel from BTTF which is in Griffith Park on the way to the Observatory

Enough to do in San Diego to fill another week, Gaslamp quarter, Seaport Village, Hotel Del Coronado, Museums in Balboa Park, The Zoo, the Wild Animal park, the old town, downtown, huge outlet mall close to the Mexican border. Balboa park itself is a half day without any museums

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter