Visiting FWC

drise

Mouseketeer
I believe you are not allowed to visit FWC right now. Can you make a reservation at Trails End Buffet and then visit? We went there many times as kids. My sister and bil are camping in Florida and will visit us at OKW in March. I'd love to take them to FWC since they're avid RV'rs. I could also stay at WL and then be able to take the boat over.

Not sure if they would let you in at front gate. A round about way would be to go to Disney Springs and take a bus to the Fort. Very time consuming though.

I believe you are not allowed to visit FWC right now.

It's a matter of parking. Sometimes they'll let you in, sometimes they won't. Sometimes it helps if you can give the name of a guest you are visiting and their campsite number. And sometimes not. It's a roll of the dice.

But you are allowed to visit if you come by Disney Transportation (bus or boat) to the Fort from any theme park or Disney Springs (a bus also runs from Wilderness Lodge). The Fort boats currently only run to MK.

They will usually let you park in the FW front lot if you have a reservation to spend money at the Fort. A Trails End ADR, a Segway Tour, an Archery Activity, those kind of things will get you in generally also.

Tell your family the Fort fills up with reservations way early usually (reservations are 500 days from ARRIVAL). Weekends particularly book up fast.

Hope you have a great day at the Fort.

Bama Ed

Thank you for the info. I did think of staying at WL and taking the boat over. But you're saying the boat only runs from MK right now. That's good to know.

Yes the smaller boat that ran between Wilderness Lodge, The Contemporary Resort, and Fort Wilderness has not been running since the Covid shutdown. I think it's a staffing issue for Disney. Hopefully it will return someday but nobody knows when.

WL and FW have separate boats that carry guests to MK during the day. In the evenings, though, I noticed that they still had two boats running but both stopped first at WL then at FW fwiw.

But like I said, there is bus service between WL and FW which covers the boat route for now. But the view is not as nice. :goodvibes And who knows, things may change again before your trip. That's how it was this past week.

Something else of note, the buffet hasn't reopened at Trail's End yet. It still family style. Wasn't sure if you knew that and were just reminiscing about the good old days. I know I'm still waiting for the buffet to return.

Yes, the buffet was great! We also got bikes at WL DVC and road to FW before, will they let you in by bike?

Yes, the buffet was great! We also got bikes at WL DVC and road to FW before, will they let you in by bike?

Nope. :sad2: More bad news.

Disney attempted a DVC construction on the old River Country property behind Pioneer Hall/HDDR and Trails End but iced the project when response to the new property was less than overwhelming and then Covid. You used to bike/walk between WL and FW via the paved Exercise/Walking Trail between the two. Sadly, however, they tore that up so that they could place buried utilities to the new DVC property from the WL area. Checked on it this week and it's just sand and grass. The bus road is used but not for bikes, walkers, runners, etc. That's why bus to WL is the only option from FW.

Sorry.

Thank you for the info. I did think of staying at WL and taking the boat over. But you're saying the boat only runs from MK right now. That's good to know.
We were there at Christmas thru the 30th. On the last day they were stopping the boats at both WL and FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter