vistana resort/villages

disneymomx3

Earning My Ears
AMX is offering a great deal to stay offsite at Vistana Resort or Vistana Villages. Has anyone stayed? Planning our first WDW trip for next May!

think both of these are time share facilities .......but they have just recently been taken over by sheraton....(who in my opinion run a top notch product)....we stayed at one they just took over in scottsdale in may and were impressed with the accomodations.....

what i am getting at is that "sheraton" would not take over something that no one would want to stay at...

have heard good things about vistana...and hope to do an rci exchange into there .....some time in the future

My family will be staying at VV in October. If you do a search on these boards you will find very positive feedback regarding the resort. What is the deal AMX is offering? I went to there website and couldn't find any info.

Thanks for the suggestion to review the boards.
The "deal" that we are being offered is to stay at the time shares with the understanding that we would have to sit through a 90 minute presentation.
We are wondering what the travel time is from these time shares to WDW. The villages seems a bit further away, but how much further?

We stayed at the Vistana Resort on Rt 535 in December and loved it! It is so close to disney - just two quick right hand turns and you are on disney property. It's just down the road (Rt 535) from the Downtown Disney properties. The resort has a lot of room and comfortable accomodations for family. I would highly recommend a rental car. The bus schedule to the parks in December wasn't very convenient.

I was also initially worried about how far it was from Disney. After our first visit, I would definitely go back!

We got our ressies using our entertainment card and hotelkingdom.com and did not take part in the timeshare presentation. I've done enough of those over the years. They did ask us to attend - but it was not high pressured at all.

I would suggest that you request a unit "inside" the resort - and that does not face out to Rt. 535. It's a pretty busy road and the noise may bother you.

If you have any more questions, just let me know.

Enjoy your stay!

We stayed at Vistana Resort in March 2000 and have made reservations to stay at Vistana Villages in December 2001 through hotelkingdom.com. We really loved the Resort but are trying the Villages only because the rates are lower, the property is newer and is only about 5 minutes further than the Resort. If you are near an airport that Southwest flies into, they are offering a Vacation Package which includes rt airfare and your choice of many off-site hotels for $50.00 off per person. When I priced it for 2 adults and 2 children, it came out to about $375.00 more than hotelkingdom.com is charging me for just the condo rental which means I would get rt airfare for less than $100.00 per person. I think I am going to make some changes to my plan this week! We did not take the time-share tour so I cannot comment on that. Have a great time wherever you decide to stay.:)

roxanne

stayed at vistana many times, however not all units are the same, the older units such as fountains or lakes are just average, you want to make sure and stay at the cascade area of vistana, these unit are newer and aboustely gourgous. i always rent these 2br/2ba units directly from the owners. you can usually get them for under a $1000 per week easly unless hoildays. it takes only 5(real) minutes to get to epcot, mgm, etc...

so would highly recommend, but specify the cascades section to ensure a great unit.

We are staying at Vistana Villages in April, I got a great rate with Hotel Kingdom.com. I went with them because of all the positive comments on these boards. I don't think $129 a night for a two bedroom is too bad, huh?
Good luck!

WE JUST RETURNED FROM A 10 DAY STAY IN A 2 BEDROOM/2 BATH VILLA IN VISTANA VILLAGES. IT WAS BEAUTIFUL! WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED OUR STAY. WE WERE ABLE TO GET 10 DAYS FOR $1014----AND ALSO RECEIVED 2 DISNEY PASSES AND A FAMILY PASS TO WATERMANIA AFTER DOING THE TOUR. WE DID HAVE TO PAY THE $132 ROOM TAX AT CHECKOUT---BUT THIS WAS KNOWN UPFRONT. THE 90 MINUTE SALES PITCH WAS LOW PRESSURED, AND WE WERE OUT WITH IN THE 90 MINUTES-SUCCESSFULLY--WITHOUT PURCHASING. WE WOULD LOVE TO DO THIS DEAL AGAIN IN A COUPLE OF YEARS. VERY SPOILED STAYING IN THIS BRAND NEW VILLA---1ST FLOOR AND ALL! HAVING THE WASHER AND DRYER WAS A PLUS---AND THE DRIVE TO THE PARKS WAS A BREEZE! WE SPENT TWO DAYS AT UNIVERSAL, SO IT WAS NICE BEING CLOSE TO BOTH UNIVERSAL AND DISNEY PROPERTIES. ANY QUESTIONS, I'D BE GLAD TO ANSWER.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter