Viva Italia 10-13-2011

For some reason I thought you were there and back already. Hopefully Eddie Hinton will be your guide. Tell him that Richard Harris says hello. He did a good job for us especially with train tickets back to London after the tour. Our other guide Francesc has moved on I believe. Now works for the BBC. Walk across the Tower bridge if you have time. The tour does walk across the Millieum Bridge.
I'll pass on the greetings if we have Eddie! I definitely plan to walk across the Tower Bridge! And take in St. Paul's Cathedral.

Sayhello

Our public library's annual used book sale started today, and I picked up Rick Steves' book "Italy" for just $2.00. I've read good things about his books and figured at that price, why not? It is the 2005 edition, but I'm thinking they haven't moved the Vatican or any thing since then, so I should be OK.:thumbsup2

Our public library's annual used book sale started today, and I picked up Rick Steves' book "Italy" for just $2.00. I've read good things about his books and figured at that price, why not? It is the 2005 edition, but I'm thinking they haven't moved the Vatican or any thing since then, so I should be OK.:thumbsup2

I'll let you know for sure when we're there next month :laughing:

For some reason I thought you were there and back already. Hopefully Eddie Hinton will be your guide. Tell him that Richard Harris says hello. He did a good job for us especially with train tickets back to London after the tour. Our other guide Francesc has moved on I believe. Now works for the BBC. Walk across the Tower bridge if you have time. The tour does walk across the Millieum Bridge.
Hey, beachcat, looks like we won't have Eddie. According to Kevin, we're going to have Landon and Adam. We're also going to have Fred, the European Coordinator for ABD! They must know we're going to be a handful! :rotfl:

Sayhello

OMG!!! We are at :scared1: 222-2 months, 2 weeks and 2 days until our Med cruise and that is AFTER ABD!!! Play that number. Start making up the packing list.

Craig Ferguson just did the Paris leg of the Knights And Lights Tour. The Versailles show is really worth watching. The Hall of Mirrors with no one else there. I want to slide on the floors. Say Hello you may want to check it out if you can handle Ferguson's quirkiness.

Craig Ferguson just did the Paris leg of the Knights And Lights Tour. The Versailles show is really worth watching. The Hall of Mirrors with no one else there. I want to slide on the floors. Say Hello you may want to check it out if you can handle Ferguson's quirkiness.
Thanks, beachcat. I have them DVR'd at home, just have to find a chance to watch them. I love the quirkiness! :thumbsup2

Sayhello

Booked our flights yeaterday. Glad we could fly out of our wonderful little airport just 15 minutes from home. We can park our car at my Aunt and Uncle's home-love no parking fees.

Talked to ABD yesterday and gave them our flight information. Checked one more thing off the list of things to do.:thumbsup2

Well Joan and Sam When do you arrive in Rome? We get to the train station at 1:45 on the 13th. No car service for me. Think I will take a cab. Even though the station is close to Hotel Bernini Bristol. How can I talk ABD into picking me up?:confused:

We fly out on the 11th, arriving eight-something AM on the 12th. ABD is supposed to pick us up - they called for our flight info this past weekend. They will not provide transportation to the port in Venice on the 22nd, but maybe they'll arrange it for us since we're doing our post-tour night (21st) in the ABD hotel. See you soon.
Sam

We fly out on the 11th, arriving eight-something AM on the 12th. ABD is supposed to pick us up - they called for our flight info this past weekend. They will not provide transportation to the port in Venice on the 22nd, but maybe they'll arrange it for us since we're doing our post-tour night (21st) in the ABD hotel. See you soon.
Sam

See you on the 28th

Gee, just the smell in our house today is getting me excited for our trip. Lots of lovely, meaty red tomatoes in the garden this morning. Couldn't resist making a big :stir: pot of sauce with plenty left for a big salad. Will be perfect with a nice glass of red wine.:drinking1

Looking forward to sharing a similar meal with you all soon.

I called ABD this morning with some questions.

1-we are now booked at over 70%-wish more of them would find us here

2-we should probably pick up type L, C and F adaptors, but no converters necessary

3-no travel irons or mini-steamers allowed in any hotel rooms in Italy

We'll be out on the east coast at the Cape Canaveral National Seashore the afternoon and evening of 8/27 participating in a Nighttime Sea Kayaking Tour to view the Bioluminescence in the Indian River Lagoon, but Sunday 8/28 works great.

Seeing what Irene will do. August in Florida you never know what is next.

Seeing what Irene will do. August in Florida you never know what is next.

We had to change our plans to Sep. 3 instead anyway, so we should be safe... from Irene at least anyway. :-)

Looking forward to this weekend still though. Hopefully Irene cooperates with us and doesn't rain on our parade at AKLKV.

Patti and I are staying at the Jambo House. The Steeles are staying at Kidani Village. Are you staying at Kidani Village too?

Irene should not be a problem except for my family members who still live in North Carolina.

Hope to meet you this weekend.

RDH

Just spoke with family in NC, and they are getting things done in preparation for possible weather problems. I have a good friend in North Charleston who I'm sure isn't looking forward to a visit from Irene.

Patti and I are staying at the Jambo House. The Steeles are staying at Kidani Village. Are you staying at Kidani Village too?

No, not staying in AKL, but we live very close by and so will simply jaunt on over to say Buon giorno!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter