Volcano bay only stay?

Shacka1

Hakuna Matata
Hello!

I am planning on doing a trip for my 2 kids (9&15) in august and only doing 2 days at volcano bay, first of all am I crazy? Haha not sure if 2 days there is overkill, I’ve never been!

I just figured it will be SO hot that we wouldn’t want to do anything else aside from being in water

Second, I’m looking at CBBR and SF, SF is only slightly more but cabana has SUCH good reviews that I’m completely torn! The only thing I will mention is that we usually stay at moderate-deluxe at Disney. If cabana is a loud crowded resort I will be unhappy the whole time since I’m a very light sleeper :(

We are also foodies so not sure if that makes a difference in resort preference

Thank you so much for any advice/tips in my planning :)

Stay at CB. The walk to VB is so nice, and you can always walk over to Adventura for more food options, but CB has some good food, and a bowling alley if weather not as nice part of your stay. And CB has a lazy river too, which would be fun besides enjoying VB.

CB has thin walls. We were woken up by our neighbors at 4am on our last day because they just checked in. 🤬 I texted front desk at 4am and they responded right away, noise was reduced but still can still clearly hear through the walls. I wouldn’t recommend CB if you’re that sensitive to noise. We like everything else about CB except for the thin walls!

Oh great!!!! Would you recommend express passes for VB? Planning on end of august
I don’t recall there being express but if there was we didn’t use them! Tapu Tapu (especially having our cabana where you get your own) was extremely convenient (just being wet wipes or something…too much sunscreen means the screen won’t work Lolol). I really liked being able to walk around and see what was there.

If I were you day one I wouldn’t rent the cabana. I’d use that to walk around see what’s there and what you like get a few rides and some food,

Then day two get the cabana and that way you know what you want and can relax and do everything you want to at your convenience

I love Volcano Bay, it's so fun. We're actually going to spend the afternoon there on our arrival day even though were staying in Disney. We have a rental car so it makes it easy to do. :thumbsup2

CB has thin walls. We were woken up by our neighbors at 4am on our last day because they just checked in. 🤬 I texted front desk at 4am and they responded right away, noise was reduced but still can still clearly hear through the walls. I wouldn’t recommend CB if you’re that sensitive to noise. We like everything else about CB except for the thin walls!
Thank you!!!! I wish I was one of those people that could sleep through anything unfortunately I am not, I worry that the cheaper resorts will be busier/louder

I highly recommend traveling with a sound machine. I am a very light sleeper as well. I never have to worry about loud neighbors and rooms located next to elevators or ice machines. They are small, inexpensive and can literally save a vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter