Voucher roundup

KCMiller

DIS Veteran
Hi, all! Well, the trip is almost here, and I'm interested in any and all info you have on using the Q&C vouchers in the parks. I've read lot of info on Beaches and Cream, Pepper Market, and using VKL at RFC, I know all about the great deal the meal vouchers are at AK - what I'm looking for is personal stories about using the Q&C vouchers at counter service places IN the parks.

Tell you stories, my friends! Impress us all with what good deals you got, or tell us all about how difficult it was to use them! Good or bad, we want it all!

KC:earsgirl:

I used them before- I think they are overrated. I thought it was a pain trying to find where the best places were to use them just to save a little money. I'd rather just use cash and eat wherever I want. -Stephanie

Okey Dokey - there must be some others who have used vouchers who actually liked them :teeth: ?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller :crazy: ?

KC:earsgirl:

I have used Q&C vouchers on the last 2 trips. If you purchase them at 11.50 from Hotwiresavingsclub.com they are usually a good value. If you pay more than that for them, I would not recommend them (we have seen them go for $20+ on e-bay!). They are a great value at B&C and we have even split a double cheese=burger fries and drink and brownie sundae for dessert; Pecos Bill and Cosmic Rays are usually a good deal and they have a fixins bar; we had a great combo meal at Tangerine Cafe with side and dessert!very yummy;DH had burger meal, drink and cheesecake at Fun and Food in CR and also good deal;break-even meal at Electric Umbrella. We find that even if we break even, we find it nice to have some paid meals before we go. We just got 9 of them for our 12/26-12/31 trip alsong with breakfast vouchers for Donald's and 1900PF(these also include tax and gratuity).

Connears

Last March I used Q&Cs at B&C and Pecos Bills. The good news: You can save decent $ by using the vouchers, at least at these two places. The downside: You need to get the full meal (extra side and dessert) to make it work. If you normally like to have a big lunch, that's OK. Otherwise, to use the extra food you'll need to coordinate with others in your group as to who likes what dessert, side, etc. (At Pecos Bills, everyone was too full to eat the delicious chocolate cream pie.) Not a difficult process, but, like Stephanie said, it can be a little extra work. If you like full lunches or can share the food easily, then I would say it is a good plan, at least at these two places.

We LOVED the vouchers. We bought 8 Q&C and 4 VKL vouchers from Hotwire Savings Club for 2 adults for 9 days/8 nights. Here is a link for my dining report from our trip. I detailed many of the places that we used the vouchers, what we bought, and how much we saved. We didn't find it to be difficult at all to find places where we could use them. If we wanted to eat somewhere and we couldn't use a voucher, that was fine, we just paid for it with cash, no biggie :) Let me know if you have any other questions. Happy Reading!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=654516

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter