• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Vow Renewal on DCL

CAlvarez

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done this? Planning on this next year for our 10 yr anniversary, just wondering on any input

Very expensive. Some alternatives are to do it on one of the islands or to do it on your own and celebrate on Disney. The DCL fee seems reasonable for a wedding, but for a renewal???

But we each have different priorities.

Check out the Disney weddings forum on the disboards - you can find lots of folks there to help with info! :thumbsup2

I thought about vow renewal on our upcoming cruise. I was shocked at the price. My husband and I could take another DCL cruise for the price.

stsomewhere said:
I thought about vow renewal on our upcoming cruise. I was shocked at the price. My husband and I could take another DCL cruise for the price.

Exactly.

I would just say that some people didn't or couldn't have the big wedding they'd dreamed of years ago .. could be many reasons. My friend got married very cheaply, with no friends, no wedding dress, no flowers, no reception ... it was just a Registry Office with the staff as witnesses.

For them, a vow renewal would be like their wedding so money well spent. For all you know, this couple could be the same.

On DCL, they treat weddings and VRs exactly the same .. only the vows change and the fact that you actually have to get married while the ship is still in PC (you then have a ceremony with your friends/family on a didfferent day).

Each to their own ... I don't think it's a bad idea. :confused3

Back in 2008, I helped my FIL plan a surprise vow renewal for my MIL for their 35th anniversary while on DCL. We were shocked at the cost of the vow renewal through DCL then, so we opted to book one in Grand Cayman while in port. It was absolutely gorgeous; complete with cake, flowers, and photographer for $600. There are definitely ways to do it without spending the amount of a full wedding.

I didn't read through the entire (long) review of this wedding - it was beautiful! She had her reception dinner in Palo, but trying to figure out if they let her daughter in...she was certainly under 18, but I guess maybe it was a private event and not during a regular Palo dinner time, and therefore has different rules?

color me confused?:confused3

Loved the flowers and wedding cake!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter