VWL/Eastern Fantasy Cruise/AKV CL all wrapped into a fabulous b-day trip - Complete

We love AKL, too, and as you probably know, the same architect designed both. The nature trail isn't marked but is a great way to relax or to vary your path as you head over to FW. :-)

Oh yes, that's why I was sure I would like it. I also own at Aulani and can't wait to start planning a trip out there. We really enjoyed the nature trail. Plenty of pictures to share of that too :rotfl:

Can't wait to see more pictures, I kept up with your Wonder thread as well!

I loved this bridge, too and took quite a few photos of it. The villa photos remind me of the Grand Californian. I have to tell Graham about the nature trail. I don't think he has found this yet.

Corinna

I left off with us heading down the nature trail. We really enjoyed it. Apparently I was totally turned around from where we were because I was surprised to see the Contemporary and BLT on the left.

March2013Vacation107.jpg

I was hoping we'd find Fort Wilderness and the horses at the end of the trail but since this was our first time down it I had no idea how far it was. We had plenty of time before the bus would pick us up for the cruise so we just kept walking and enjoying the scenery.

March2013Vacation110.jpg

March2013Vacation111.jpg

March2013Vacation112.jpg

March2013Vacation113.jpg

March2013Vacation114.jpg

I'd never seen a cardinal on the ground before so I watched this guy for a few minutes.

March2013Vacation116.jpg

We only met one other family on the trail, they were coming towards us so we asked if we were going the right way for Fort Wilderness. Yes, and we weren't too far away.

Victory was in sight!

March2013Vacation117.jpg

And I spotted a horse

March2013Vacation118.jpg

Then some more

March2013Vacation119.jpg

Then the stable

March2013Vacation121.jpg

Neither of us had been to Fort Wilderness before so everything was new. I know they do carriage rides but didn’t think where the horses were kept, or thought it possible we could go in and look at them. I was in Heaven!
March2013Vacation123.jpg

All the horses had name plaques next to their stalls which I thought was nice.

March2013Vacation125.jpg

I got a real treat when they had this one out of his stall.

March2013Vacation127.jpg

They walked him right past me, it was really cool.

March2013Vacation128.jpg

March2013Vacation129.jpg

After we looked at each and every horse we headed outside and found more horses.

March2013Vacation130.jpg

I woke this one up from a nap, not on purpose of course.

March2013Vacation132.jpg

March2013Vacation134.jpg

I could have sat and enjoyed the horses for quite a while longer but time was not unlimited so we headed on.

March2013Vacation137.jpg

The grounds were very pretty

March2013Vacation139.jpg

this squirrel looked like it was having a great time scampering around the tree :)

March2013Vacation138.jpg

I loved this bridge, too and took quite a few photos of it. The villa photos remind me of the Grand Californian. I have to tell Graham about the nature trail. I don't think he has found this yet.

Corinna

It wasn't that long of a trail but still very nice. And I loved seeing the horses at Fort Wilderness.

I can't wait to see the Grand Californian in September.

It wasn't that long of a trail but still very nice. And I loved seeing the horses at Fort Wilderness.

I can't wait to see the Grand Californian in September.
For those who may not know, the sandy nature trail at WL starts out beside the bike rental and follows the shore of the lake for about 1/3 of a mile before breaking off to the right and hooking up with the main paved path. Or, if you'd rather, you can take the paved path all the way by starting next to the bus stop. Either way, it's just under a mile to the stables, and right at a mile if you go all the way to main buildings. Should you be there during the Christmas holidays, you can walk around FW and see all the decorations the RVers put out. Some of them are quite detailed. ;)

For those who may not know, the sandy nature trail at WL starts out beside the bike rental and follows the shore of the lake for about 1/3 of a mile before breaking off to the right and hooking up with the main paved path. Or, if you'd rather, you can take the paved path all the way by starting next to the bus stop. Either way, it's just under a mile to the stables, and right at a mile if you go all the way to main buildings. Should you be there during the Christmas holidays, you can walk around FW and see all the decorations the RVers put out. Some of them are quite detailed. ;)

Thanks for this. I was wondering where the paved path began. I've heard how people go all out with the decorations at Fort Wilderness.

Beautiful horse pictures. That is something I would love to do someday as well.

I'm in again! We really enjoyed VWL; it sort of wraps its arms around you. Christmas is beautiful there.

I'm in again! We really enjoyed VWL; it sort of wraps its arms around you. Christmas is beautiful there.

Welcome! :) I had originally planned my December trip this year to be at VWL but I was able to snag AKV CL and I'm not going to change now.

How nice that you walked all the way out to FW. That amazing view of the Contemp and BLT surprised me too the first time I saw it. It's really a cool perspective.

How nice that you got to go in the stable. I always go down there too early in the morning.

I agree that Roaring forks is just too darn small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter