VWL Exterior Refurbishment

DVCME

Earning My Ears
Scaffolding going up on the side of the building just outside the Iron spike room and part of the SW side facing the Bus stops. From part of room XX28 thru XX38 as far as I can tell. Front Desk supervisor had no idea this was starting and had to call someone. Sounds like a general exterior refurbishment. No idea how long it is planned to take. Work hours started at 9am and I was told the work would continue till 5 or 6pm. It would have been nice to know this when we checked in so I am passing this along so others can be aware of the construction.

The work has been scheduled for quite sometime. How do I know not from DVC as I'm a member at VWL, but because when I called to book our week-end stay for October @ Wilderness Lodge CRO notified me they would be doing exterior painting over at the Villas... this was in June.

Not sure if it will be because I also called to make a reservation at the Lodge for December 8th before our stay over at the Villas and was informed of the exterior work during my stay then.

Glad to see they are keeping the old home place spruced up:thumbsup2

I'll be popping into VWL for 3 nights next month with DH and it won't bother me at all. I like seeing my dues in action!!:love:

I just called and they said it would be going on through the end of Dec. I hope that it will not be an inconvenience. I also like to see my dues at work, but at the same time I only get to go once a year and would love to not have to deal with alot of hassle.

I just called and they said it would be going on through the end of Dec. I hope that it will not be an inconvenience. I also like to see my dues at work, but at the same time I only get to go once a year and would love to not have to deal with alot of hassle.

Don't worry, this is not the first time I've been to VWL when painting/staining was going on, both at the villas and the lodge -and it never was a hassle. One time the door to the outside deck overlooking the creek that runs from the lobby into the pool at the lodge was blocked for the day. That was the worst inconvenience we had.
Enjoy your upcoming trip :)

Don't worry, this is not the first time I've been to VWL when painting/staining was going on, both at the villas and the lodge -and it never was a hassle. One time the door to the outside deck overlooking the creek that runs from the lobby into the pool at the lodge was blocked for the day. That was the worst inconvenience we had.
Enjoy your upcoming trip :)

Thanks that makes me feel alot better.:cool1:

Just be careful whenever you're anywhere near the scaffolding, even in areas that aren't roped off.

Last January when they were working on WL, I had just come out the door opposite Roaring Fork when a piece of scaffolding came crashing down less than 20 feet from where I was standing. The area was NOT roped off, and the large metal pipe would have impaled anyone standing where it fell. Immediately after that, the area was roped off.

According to the front desk the affected rooms are to be blocked out and work is scheduled to finish on December 8th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter