VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

My apologies don’t know who all the folks in following pics are:teeth: Even the lines for the characters were long so I just got random shots of random people with the characters. 30F3E17B-532C-4654-A223-B4441FDC7033.jpeg81B741ED-02E4-4D00-AB63-24506B87E159.jpeg07E87F77-820E-4884-8112-83B1DF65D693.jpeg5DF3BE7F-85BC-434E-AB80-9F828C2CA52E.jpeg

Last edited:
Jimmy...great pix! Yes, even the ones with the random people with the characters. DW caught me doing that on a trip and told me to quit being such a creeper...I'll let her know I am in good company! :)

Moonlight Magic sounds like it was fun, though it seems like it was pretty crowded. But the good news is that Flight of Passage long lines probably made it easier to go on other rides like Expedition Everest. And Kilimanjaro Safari at night? You mention that the lions were active but how did you see them? Do they have some lighting out on the safari or did you have night glasses? Either way, it sounds like a cool attraction at night. Thanks for sharing!

I’m off this week before starting my new job on Monday. Leaving my company last Friday was harder than I had anticipated...scratch that..leaving some very dear friends and many great coworkers was the difficult part.....I am quite ready for a new adventure.

Corinne...thank you for updating us on your job status. I know that you had to take a deep breath before you plunged into the job market and found a new job. I pray that the new job will be enjoyable and fulfilling for you. And you can still keep in touch with the friends at the old company...I left a company 9 years ago and still keep in touch with some of my good friends from there. It's easy to drift away, and something that has to be mutually worked on, but maintaining friendships from work places is possible. And I'm quite sure that you will have some new dear friends in no time at all in your new location. Best of luck with the new company, and we look forward to hearing about your new adventure! :)

Jimmy...great pix! Yes, even the ones with the random people with the characters. DW caught me doing that on a trip and told me to quit being such a creeper...I'll let her know I am in good company! :)
I feel a bit odd taking pics of random people, but Im not big on waiting in long lines for anything, so sorry random people:duck:

Moonlight Magic sounds like it was fun, though it seems like it was pretty crowded. But the good news is that Flight of Passage long lines probably made it easier to go on other rides like Expedition Everest. And Kilimanjaro Safari at night? You mention that the lions were active but how did you see them? Do they have some lighting out on the safari or did you have night glasses? Either way, it sounds like a cool attraction at night. Thanks for sharing!

Honestly, the crowds weren't bad, but was really surprised by the lines for characters. That was on me, should have known I wasn't going to walk right up to the characters :D. EE was very easy peasy along with the other rides. They have lights out on KS, but its done nicely. Not to a point you think this seems fake. At times the animals were there and you couldn't see them very well, so they don't overdo the lighting.

Corinne
It is difficult to leave behind those we like/love and you wouldn't be human if you didn't feel that way. But I agree with Granny, stay in touch even though you are moving on with life. Im sure they were sad to see you go too, but those who really care for you are glad to see you being happy. I know for me personally, I am happy for you! Best wishes for the new adventure:grouphug:

. . . .

Today has been a take it easy kind of day and we couldn't have picked a better one. We ate at the Wave for lunch and once done, just as we are at top of escalator on level where Monorail, CMs and stores are, everybody's cell phones go off on the floor, Tornado Warnings. So we are back in our room, being on 14th floor with a birdseye view, watching funnel clouds form but quickly dissipate. They are over near and beyond Epcot. No touchdowns fortunately near us that we have heard about, but still weird to watch from that level.

Going to a DVC tasting at 4:30 at TOTWL then head over to MK to hit a few FPs if weather cooperates

I think I would be asking where to seek shelter if my phone went off while at WDW, especially after Hurricane Harvey where tornadoes did a lot of damage in our community a few miles from our house. Yikes!

How was the tasting at TOTWL?

Hey, Granny . . . .Isn't Aulani looming just ahead in your life's adventure!?! We expect pics from you, too! Watch for the Menehune!

Denlo
The tasting was very enjoyable albeit a little disorganized at 1st. All the folks who were doing the thing waited quite a while longer to get up to TOTWL

I wondered later if the young lady who gave the presentation was either late and was getting it all together last minute or she had been thrust into it because someone else don’t show

Either way it turned out great! I learned a lot and found some ways to drink tequila I never knew before.

Caught up with Big Al and the gang yesterday
MK was quite crowded yesterday we had a FP for JC that took 30 mins. I understand FL public schools spring break started 9FE7D867-F3DC-4642-9957-DFC312492BAD.jpeg7D546EEB-2CE4-449E-8D6C-FF062CB1D868.jpegC8850933-5720-4895-8E46-189CC6703BC5.jpegECE2488A-7C8A-488D-AEC9-EE515251693E.jpeg

Good Morning Groupies!
...I am so behind..... It's been a tough Winter.....
Hoping everyone has a nice week-end, the snow goes away and the sun shines.
Di

Good Morning Groupies!
...I am so behind..... It's been a tough Winter.....
Hoping everyone has a nice week-end, the snow goes away and the sun shines.
Di
You obviously didn't spread your pixiedust: far enough. Our forecast? 5"-8" of snow between Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. I. Am. Not. Happy. Please don't be surprised if you see a news report about Old Man Winter being run down by a dark green SUV. . .

Alright fellow groupies - I am getting in the car this afternoon to be finally, FINALLY returning to our beloved lodge this weekend (Sunday evening to be exact after a 1 night stay at BCV). I bought CCV when it went on sale to new members last April (banked the points) and am really looking forward to checking out our home again. Don't be surprised if you see me over at VWL in a chair by the fireplace either - I love how it can be peaceful over there. And I'll see if I can find out just what the hell they were thinking when they re-imagined the pool.

Hey, Granny . . . .Isn't Aulani looming just ahead in your life's adventure!?! We expect pics from you, too! Watch for the Menehune!

Thanks DDad. Yes, my countdown is at 15 days for our trip, 19 days for Aulani. We're staying in San Francisco a few days before heading to Hawaii. That will be nice, but it makes packing a bit trickier as SF will definitely be cold so we'll have to pack a few warm things. Oh the incredibly horrible problems I have! We'll be sending some pix along from our trip I'm sure. Stay warm everyone...spring is officially here and Easter is nigh!

Easter and Spring.jpg

Alright fellow groupies - I am getting in the car this afternoon to be finally, FINALLY returning to our beloved lodge this weekend (Sunday evening to be exact after a 1 night stay at BCV). I bought CCV when it went on sale to new members last April (banked the points) and am really looking forward to checking out our home again. Don't be surprised if you see me over at VWL in a chair by the fireplace either - I love how it can be peaceful over there. And I'll see if I can find out just what the hell they were thinking when they re-imagined the pool.
Sounds simply lovely. When you're at the fireplace, have a drink for me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter