VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

1) Thanks for the pics, NHDisneyMom! Never met Stan, but he seems so familiar to me, anyway. You're all set on Page 1, too! :welcome:
2) I wanted a D&B but Luv wouldn't let me have one. ;)
3)HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HORSEY!! party: :cake: :bday:

Received my new Dooley &Burke DVC pocketbook yesterday and I absolutely love it. Much bigger than the brown leather one. I have a mug with all the DVC logos on them and have found almost all on the pocketbook except the Lodge. The only thing that I can find is a pine tree so I'm guessing that's it. Anybody else get one?

Hi Lakegirl,

I have the DVC crossbody bag...I have a Dooney obsession, Disney and otherwise...actually I have an obsession with all handbags, but I digress.....

Anyway, I’m embarrassed to admit I haven’t even looked at it that closely, (have not used it yet); but your post prompted me to do so. I think the pine trees, horse shoes and possibly the bear paws reflect the Lodge?

Last edited:

Hi Lakegirl,

I have the DVC crossbody bag...I have a Dooney obsession, Disney and otherwise...actually I have an obsession with all handbags, but I digress.....

Anyway, I’m embarrassed to admit I haven’t even looked at it that closely, (have not used it yet); but your post prompted me to do so. I think the pine trees, horse shoes and possibly the bear paws reflect the Lodge?
Thanks for your response. I thought the horse shoes might be Saratoga, and ar first thought the bear paws but then thought they might be for AKL. Just surprised there is not a more prominent or stand out correlation to The Lodge.
I am so in love with this bag. I am thinking if they have one of the smaller ones when I go in 23 days I might buy it.
I have to ask what do you do for a wallet?? I have a very very old Vera Bradley that I bought at a Disney Springs along time ago that just doesn't go and is looking very worn.

Well, I am planning for a cocktail at Geyser Point after departing the Magical Express tomorrow- anyone have a suggestion ? The drink menu looks so good. I am thinking the Black Cherry Mule, but that Huckleberry Punch looks inviting too....anybody have a favorite?

twokats
Like Granny says, good news on Clays progress!! Still lifting him up. And prayers for your healing as well

Well, I am planning for a cocktail at Geyser Point after departing the Magical Express tomorrow- anyone have a suggestion ? The drink menu looks so good. I am thinking the Black Cherry Mule, but that Huckleberry Punch looks inviting too....anybody have a favorite?
I've only tried the Huckleberry Punch and it was solid but not an eye-opener. Good but not life altering. Not much help, I know!

March%2025%20Snow%20Pic_zps6odomoal.jpg

This is to what we awoke Sunday morning. 7 inches. Pretty? Yes. Annoying that it came the last week of March? Absolutely. Not. A. Fan.

To be fair, by late afternoon, the roadways were mostly clear as the temp rose to 41F. . .of course, that's 10-15 degrees below average for this time of year.

Like Horsey, I have a child who has also applied to several colleges and who has been awaiting "yays" or "nays." She didn't want to go to a state U--despite UVa being one of the top public institutions around and VA Tech being only an hour plus away. Too big. No, all her applications were to expensive liberal arts colleges/universities (good thing her mom has money). Out of the seven to which she applied, she has been accepted into four, turned down by one, put on a waitlist for another, and has yet to hear from the last one. Out of the blue, she was contacted by a small school about an hour and a half from here (I suppose they got her records through the counseling office), and they offered her a full ride. However, it doesn't hold the cachet of the other schools (I will grant it's not in the same league), so she won't go there, regardless. She should hear from the last school tomorrow. Of her top 4, one has said yes, one no, and one put her on the waitlist. The last one is also in her top 4. We shall see. . .

P.S. Only one of the seven is close to home.

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes. It was a very nice day. Can't say I accomplished too much. I did mostly wander around like a tourist. DL was packed my the time I arrived (12:30ish). I somehow missed how to enter by walking from VGC. Took the monorail from DTD. That too a long time. I was starving so I grabbed QS, walked the park, then headed for CA. Less crowded on that side but my lack of sleep from the night before was catching up with me. Grabbed a glass of wine at Wine Country Trattoria's terrace & chilled for awhile. I did do single rider for Radiator Springs. Fun ride. Test track with Cars theming & more outside time. Wait was about 40 min. Stand by 2 hours. MaxPass for me today. Got my room ready text around 4:15 & I was out. I did find the back entrance to VGC from there. So much easier. Crashed for a bit then ended my day with dinner at Napa Rose. Had the Bison Pot Roast. Yummy. Server brought out some chocolate cheesecake bite thing with sorbet for dessert. It was delicious. Not too heavy. Early morning hour at DL today. Hopefully I can figure out how to get there this time.

VGC is beautiful. Of course I got a super noisy room. Way at the end of the hall. I can see the ferris wheel & a couple other rides from my balcony. Some show or something must have been tested over night because there was very loud music around 2:00. I must be near a loading dock because all I've heard since 4 am is the beep, beep, beep of trucks backing up. :sad2:

Better get moving so I can actually ride something today. Have a great day.

Julie.
..thanks for the update on your stay. I appreciate any tips you discover on DL as we will be there in a few weeks. :)

DL was packed my the time I arrived (12:30ish).

I am surprised to hear this...my understanding is that DL gets crowded on the weekends (from the local guests) but is manageable during the week? Or maybe this is Easter week and more crowded than usual? I'm just trying to set my expectations on what we will be able to experience for a couple of days there later this month.

@Granny nothing to compare it to but my guess is pre Easter crowds. Everything had 60-120 min waits yesterday. Not bad so far today but it's only 9. Park opened at 8. I was here at 7. I did buy the MaxPass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter