VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Jimmy thinking of you and your dad - I am sorry to hear about the loss of your second aunt hope your dad is doing as well as can be expected. ❤️
Thank you Corinne
Dad physically is much better. His cognitive issues are still apparent. We finally have him scheduled for speech therapy this coming Wed so the hope is that will help with those issues

Thank you both for your info on CC. We have stayed at WL many years ago, but not in the CC villas. We do love the resort and I think the amenities rival any other DVC on property.

I am happy to hear that you love the CC rooms and that they are a wing off the main hotel. I was surprised they were available. Since I am not going into a park this trip, I am going to make it about the resort and what it offers, so this looks like a great fit. I have a Florida friend meeting us there for an overnight stay, so Geyser Point Bar & Grill and the quieter pool are a real plus for us. The atmosphere being laid back and beautiful sets a good stage for our visit.

Thanks again.

Dee

Happy Saturday everyone. Just wanted to share some pics I took when we were recently there. I didn't take too many pictures because I already have so many lol. I forgot to take food pictures this time too. We got the skillets like we usually get. One thing I have to say about the food. I am not a coleslaw person. Really don't care for it and never eat it. Well I figured since they brought it out why not try it. It was so good! I would have eaten more if I had the room. From now on that will be the one place I eat coleslaw.
1708200900406.png
1708200928809.png
1708200950594.png
1708200969170.png

Thank you both for your info on CC. We have stayed at WL many years ago, but not in the CC villas. We do love the resort and I think the amenities rival any other DVC on property.

I am happy to hear that you love the CC rooms and that they are a wing off the main hotel. I was surprised they were available. Since I am not going into a park this trip, I am going to make it about the resort and what it offers, so this looks like a great fit. I have a Florida friend meeting us there for an overnight stay, so Geyser Point Bar & Grill and the quieter pool are a real plus for us. The atmosphere being laid back and beautiful sets a good stage for our visit.

Thanks again.

Dee
When you are there, ask at the front desk whether they're offering the tour of the lobby. Many interesting details in the design!

Thanks again.

Dee
If you have stayed at the WL in the past, CC is the wing of the hotel to the right if you are facing out towards the lake. They are converted WL rooms. I’ve stayed in regular WL rooms, BRV, and CCV. They are all wonderful, my favorite hotel on property. I may be a little biased, back when I was very young, I helped open the hotel. Have a great stay!

I have stayed at CC once for one night
Most stays have been at VWL
CC is a wing off the main lobby of WL and shares all the same amenities that WL and VWL guests share
CC is a great addition with a mission style architecture in the rooms
The resort as a whole is a beautiful place, IMO, the best on property

Things I love about WL and DVC properties it entails as a whole:
The majestic nature of it all, when you walk into the main lobby, it still gives me the wow factor, the history of native Americans it shares, Walt’s love of trains in the carolewood pacific room(lots of folks miss this one, be sure to check it out, it has a couple of train cars from his home in CA, the lanterns flicker at night while the crickets chirp, the grounds are inviting to wildlife so you may see deer, rabbits and an armadillo if you really have a keen eye. 2 great lounges, Geyser Point especiallly offers some good food as well
And territory lounge has some good late night eats
Roaring Fork is a good quick service and whispering canyon cafe can be a real hoot to eat at though the food is ok
Be sure to take a few mins from park time to fit in wonders of the lodge tour
Very informative
Great pools, and hearing the boat horns to whisk you away to magical lands in the AM is a great wake up call

Can you tell I love this place
I hope this helps

Jimmy has summed up the WL/CC/BRV perfectly and exactly why we all consider it such a special/unique experience. One more addition, spend a little time one evening in the BRV lobby. It's the most serene and relaxing escape at WDW in my opinion.

So I am a pin collector. Or should I say I am a addict lol. I have way too many but they bring me a lot of fun and joy. These are my Wilderness Lodge pins. I just bought 2 of them this past trip. The one of the top left and the one on the bottom. I actually have another one but it is in a cardboard envelope display. 1708211863745.png

So I am a pin collector. Or should I say I am an addict lol. I have way too many but they bring me a lot of fun and joy. These are my Wilderness Lodge pins. I just bought 2 of them this past trip. The one of the top left and the one on the bottom. I actually have another one but it is in a cardboard envelope display. View attachment 834859
Those are great! I only have the top right one. I buy hotel magnets and pins every trip. I especially love the Christmas versions.

I’m sitting on our flight (which was delayed) wishing it would hurry up so we can be in Disney already.

I noticed that while I got a “Welcome to Boulder Ridge!” Email, I’ve yet to get a text about our room and the WDW still shows a —- next to room number.

Now I’m not normally one to worry about this, but after this past week where things have just gone wrong in unexpected and stressful ways, part of me is like — what if they oversold BRV and I’m NOT going to get my relaxing stay in our “home” after all?

So reassure me! I still have just less than 2 hours till we land, so it’ll probably be midnight before we arrive, but I’ve never not received a room assignment before now on any trip we’ve taken before.

I’m sitting on our flight (which was delayed) wishing it would hurry up so we can be in Disney already.

I noticed that while I got a “Welcome to Boulder Ridge!” Email, I’ve yet to get a text about our room and the WDW still shows a —- next to room number.

Now I’m not normally one to worry about this, but after this past week where things have just gone wrong in unexpected and stressful ways, part of me is like — what if they oversold BRV and I’m NOT going to get my relaxing stay in our “home” after all?

So reassure me! I still have just less than 2 hours till we land, so it’ll probably be midnight before we arrive, but I’ve never not received a room assignment before now on any trip we’ve taken before.
Don’t panic - I rarely get my room # texted - instead I get a Please see the Front Desk message - but I’ve always gotten a room - and DVC can’t really ‘oversell’ like a regular hotel - so have no fear - just enjoy you time at BRV.

I didn't think it was common for them to oversell DVC so I bet you'll be fine and by the time you see this post, you'll be there! Which room size are you in?

Don’t panic - I rarely get my room # texted - instead I get a Please see the Front Desk message - but I’ve always gotten a room - and DVC can’t really ‘oversell’ like a regular hotel - so have no fear - just enjoy you time at BRV.
thanks! I’ve never not received the text since they started doing them, so this is just weird for me. I haven’t event gotten the usual “Welcome! Your room is not ready” message I often get.

I didn't think it was common for them to oversell DVC so I bet you'll be fine and by the time you see this post, you'll be there! Which room size are you in?
I’m just remembering those few times posted here where there was an issue and folks got bumped to another resort.

We have a 2BR Lockoff. There will be 7 of us, and one is my BFF and her two kids, so the lockoff part is important so that there are 3 sleeping spaces in the second bedroom. It’s a big reason why we chose VWL.

thanks! I’ve never not received the text since they started doing them, so this is just weird for me. I haven’t event gotten the usual “Welcome! Your room is not ready” message I often get.

I’m just remembering those few times posted here where there was an issue and folks got bumped to another resort.

We have a 2BR Lockoff. There will be 7 of us, and one is my BFF and her two kids, so the lockoff part is important so that there are 3 sleeping spaces in the second bedroom. It’s a big reason why we chose VWL.
It is possible to get bumped from a DVC room but not because of ‘overbooking’…but rather due to construction or maintenance problems…

Wasn’t till close to 1am before we arrived, but the text came close to midnight. Rooms 5526/5528. It’s one of the atrium rooms so the living space is significantly larger. However there’s no Murphy bed in either the studio (5526) or the one bedroom (5528). Alas! Pullout coach in both situations. I was so hoping we’d face the lake to maybe see some fireworks, but woods view is also very lovely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter