VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Playing catch up on the last 11 pages of the thread. Prayers for Tammy's mom and Corinne's family. So busy with school right now that I can't seem to catch up! Got an email that it's time to book dining for my spring break trip. Didn't even realize we are 6 months out. I waitlisted for the Poly, but I missed the 7 month mark and it was partially booked for spring break. I'm anxious to get back to the lodge w/o construction, and not really sure I want to give up my 1 bedroom for a studio at the poly anyway. I was just thinking of conserving points for my Aulani trip in December 2018. Such problems to have...
Currently we are sitting and waiting on the arrival of hurricane Nate. Chargers are charged, snacks have been purchased, a roast is cooking in the crockpot. Praying I get to watch the Alabama game before any power outages(priorities, priorities).:rolleyes1 Maybe we can keep internet for awhile and I'll even book some dining reservations. At least I got caught up on the thread!

Playing catch up on the last 11 pages of the thread. Prayers for Tammy's mom and Corinne's family. So busy with school right now that I can't seem to catch up! Got an email that it's time to book dining for my spring break trip. Didn't even realize we are 6 months out. I waitlisted for the Poly, but I missed the 7 month mark and it was partially booked for spring break. I'm anxious to get back to the lodge w/o construction, and not really sure I want to give up my 1 bedroom for a studio at the poly anyway. I was just thinking of conserving points for my Aulani trip in December 2018. Such problems to have...
Currently we are sitting and waiting on the arrival of hurricane Nate. Chargers are charged, snacks have been purchased, a roast is cooking in the crockpot. Praying I get to watch the Alabama game before any power outages(priorities, priorities).:rolleyes1 Maybe we can keep internet for awhile and I'll even book some dining reservations. At least I got caught up on the thread!
Enough with the hurricanes, already. Hope you stay safe and dry and with power. Have a dear friend with two daughters at Alabama, so best of luck to them tonight. . .as if they need it. Thanks for checking in!

I agree with Sleepy, Sanaa is a must do for us now. Another new fave for us at DS is Morimoto Asia, really enjoy the ribs there(and I usually don't order ribs elsewhere)
The Wave for breakfast or lunch is another place we really like now.
Sanaa, my DH’s fave meal of our trip. As a matter of fact, he has requested it for our next trip.

We had that 2 bed on the corner facing the pool once on the 2nd floor. Loved it!! One of my all time favorite stays that stands out in memory was that time. Would love to get that room again someday!!

Sadly we had to make the decision to cancel our upcoming Oct trip. Though my MIL is out of ICU, it will be a long process of recovery to get her back to where she needs to be and Tammy being her only caregiver, well, it is what it is. Main thing is, she is getting better, and thats what matters. WDW will still be there if we are here. All the more reason to start counting days till Dec trip! DVC was very gracious in helping us get pts. back in system and as a courtesy didn't place them in holding acct. under circumstances
Sorry to hear Jimmy but glad she is on the mend.

Hi Groupies,

Another prayer request....my brother was moved to hospice a week ago. Watching him suffer is unbearable. We lost our dad a year and a half ago, and we’re also very worried about our elderly mother.
Thinking of your family.

I can relate to the busy. School seems so much busier than in previous years. I’ve been very MIA from the boards bc of this. Oh and yes, the hurricanes this season. Irma getting to us in GA (3 days off here) and hearing Nate could reach us, too. I’ve lived here my whole life (almost 44 years) and I’ve never seen such things.

Stay safe!

Okay like @ErinC school is kicking my behind and I’ve been very spotty on the boards lately. I think I posted that our contract closed 9/19. Tuesday 9/26 I called for our member number and was told that paperwork was received but not processed. I was told I would be moved to the front of the line for the day we were to be processed. Thursday 9/28 I called back, got our number and activation code, points loaded, trip booked!

We are official for Sunday, June 3 - Thursday, June 7. One MK day on Tuesday 6/5. Planning for WCC for breakfast one day (we did dinner this past trip and loved it), LTT for our MK day, Hoop Dee Doo one night, Sanaa one night (my DH’s fave meal of the past trip), Disney Springs (trying to decide on QS or TS there for lunch), water craft rental, Top of the World Lounge for HEA, possible mini golf, campfire one night, and lots of pool and resort time.

Hi Maria! :wave: Wonderful to "see" you, and hope all is well in your world. :)
Granny...I hope to spend more time with my group of friends here now. We officially closed on our home in PA on Tues.....and will be able to officially live as Floridians now. It is a free'ing feeling.....a year+ of stress for my family has mostly ended. We still have items in storage in PA which will be brought down here in next 3 weeks. My husband had to finish out his 2 weeks at his job then he'll join us. I missed keeping up with everyone here and trying to catch up now. Hope you are well Granny!

Glad your MIL is improving a bit Jimmytammy.
Can you please add me to the WDW trip list??
We are Nov 28-Dec 1 (SSR)
Dec 2-9 (Disney Fantasy)
Dec 9-13 BLT
Thank you!!!!

Sorry folks, been MIA for a few days:confused3
Corinne, praying for you folks:hug:
My MIL is doing better, still in re-hab, hope she comes home by next weekend
Starwind, if the 9th works out for everyone, we are game, headed home on the 10th. Any other days works good too. We have some dinners planned but could probably make most meets 8 or later
Here is a list of current groupies for Dec.

December
bobbiwoz 1-3 CCVC Cabin!
3-7 BWV
7-11 SSR
TCraig & The Hubs 2-9 OKW
Firepath 2-9 VWL
wildernessDad 3-10 VWL
twokats 4-9 VWL
jimmytammy 4-10 VWL
twinklebug 5-13 AKL-Kidani
Granny 6-14 VWL
DiznyDi & Dad 8-16 VWL
Corinne 9-13 VWL
DVC Jen 9-15 VWL
pmaurer74 14-19 VWL
horselover 28-3 Jan BCV
bobbiwoz 29-31 BLT
31-4 Jan BWV

So to catch up...Happy Anniversary Will n Liz!!!
Happy Birthday Christopher!!!

Made it back home a couple of hours ago from a rainfilled, hot, muggy but still fun trip! :rotfl: I'll see if I can find some things to post about after I get caught up a bit at home! There was no visit to the lodge though - did have an event at FW and rode the boat from there over to visit TOTWL but just saw the lights of the lodge. And there are definitely a lot more lights on that shore now!

Dec 2-9 (Disney Fantasy)
Dec 9-13 BLT
Thank you!!!!
Congrats on the move to FL and closing on the house! I'll add your dates to Page 1.

Sorry folks, been MIA for a few days:confused3
My MIL is doing better, still in re-hab, hope she comes home by next weekend

Corinne, praying for you folks:hug:

Starwind, if the 9th works out for everyone, we are game, headed home on the 10th. Any other days works good too. We have some dinners planned but could probably make most meets 8 or later
Here is a list of current groupies for Dec.

December
bobbiwoz 1-3 CCVC Cabin!
3-7 BWV
7-11 SSR
TCraig & The Hubs 2-9 OKW
Firepath 2-9 VWL
wildernessDad 3-10 VWL
twokats 4-9 VWL
jimmytammy 4-10 VWL
twinklebug 5-13 AKL-Kidani
Granny 6-14 VWL
DiznyDi & Dad 8-16 VWL
Corinne 9-13 VWL
DVC Jen 9-15 VWL
pmaurer74 14-19 VWL
horselover 28-3 Jan BCV
bobbiwoz 29-31 BLT
31-4 Jan BWV

Oh I forgot there might be an early Dec. groupie meet! I never did add my bonus trip to the calendar. I could do 12/9 if that ends up being the date. Right now I'm on an afternoon flight but hoping to switch to a morning flight. I'm wide open 12/9, going to MVMCP with friends on 12/10 & hoping to get tickets to the Epcot event on 12/11. My full dates are 12/9-13. I'll PM Sly.

Glad to hear MIL is doing better. Continued prayers for a full & speedy recovery. :hug:

Granny...I hope to spend more time with my group of friends here now. We officially closed on our home in PA on Tues.....and will be able to officially live as Floridians now. It is a free'ing feeling.....a year+ of stress for my family has mostly ended. We still have items in storage in PA which will be brought down here in next 3 weeks. My husband had to finish out his 2 weeks at his job then he'll join us. I missed keeping up with everyone here and trying to catch up now. Hope you are well Granny!

Congrats again on the sale of your house Maria and hope we can finally connect when I'm down in 2 weeks!

Dec 2-9 (Disney Fantasy)
Dec 9-13 BLT
Thank you!!!!

And should we not connect in two weeks I'm at BLT on 12/10. No excuses to not meet! TOWL or lobby at the very least. ::yes::

DS19 is home for a visit until Tue. First time we've seen him since we dropped him off late Aug. He looks good. :goodvibes

Hurricane Nate was pretty much a non event for us thankfully. We are a few miles from the coast, so no flooding at our house. Lots of rain, wind, and some small limbs down, but not too much else here in our little area. I'm sure others were not near as lucky. The kids were already scheduled to be out of school tomorrow- Columbus Day/teacher inservice day, so we will clean up the school during inservice tomorrow and life will go on Tuesday as scheduled.
While I slept last night, my waitlist for the Polynesian came through. The girls are super excited, I hope DH will be okay with it. It's over 100 less points during expensive spring break season, and I will need those points later in the year. Plus, there is just a little part of me that has always wanted to stay there. When I was a little girl, we camped at Fort Wilderness. Back in the day, they would bus you to the Poly to use the pool. That waterfall pool was just incredible to a little girl like me. I still haven't forgotten seeing a roasting pig with an apple in its mouth on the way to the pool!:scared: That probably scarred me for life! LOL I've never attended the luau either. Can't get over that pig! :D So I guess this is just a trip to maybe relive some memories. Remind me again how far out I can book that Wild Africa Trek? DD reminded me today that she wants to do that.

Dec 2-9 (Disney Fantasy)
Dec 9-13 BLT
Thank you!!!!

We'll be on the Fantasy with you ! Glad it is no longer a cruise to "we aren't sure where" :-)

SW

Hey Groupies! :wave:

I've been a little MIA for awhile but now should be back more regularly. We had a wedding for my older daughter this past weekend so I'm sure you'll understand. Everything turned out very well for the wedding though the usual drama occurred...especially when one of the bridesmaids called the day before the wedding to tell us that her dog had shredded her bridesmaid dress! I was very proud of how my daughter handled the call and the situation. And very glad that the bridal dress shop was simply amazing with coming up with a replacement dress for the bridesmaid in 24 hours.

I'll be starting up a December Groupie Meet conversation later this week. I'll post here that I sent it out so if someone sees the post and wants in on an early December Groupie meet they can let me know.

We are at 57 days out so I did a few FP's...mostly to make sure I got the new Flight of Passage and River ride in Pandora as well as the usual Toy Story Mania FP. It's nice to turn my mind to something besides the wedding! :)

I saw a picture on FB yesterday Granny. Your daughter was a beautiful bride! :goodvibes

Thank you for your kind words, Julie. I didn't even know there were pictures on Facebook. Thanks for tipping me to that!

Did someone say pictures?

What, do people take pictures at weddings? :confused3

I imagine that bossy person with the fancy camera will send us some pictures at some point. I was too busy shaking more hands than a mayoral candidate!

Thank you for your kind words, Julie. I didn't even know there were pictures on Facebook. Thanks for tipping me to that!

What, do people take pictures at weddings? :confused3

I imagine that bossy person with the fancy camera will send us some pictures at some point. I was too busy shaking more hands than a mayoral candidate!

You were tagged in a post Granny. It was just one picture but a very lovely one. If I had to guess I'd say it was a friend of the bride or groom.

Oh I forgot there might be an early Dec. groupie meet! I never did add my bonus trip to the calendar. I could do 12/9 if that ends up being the date. Right now I'm on an afternoon flight but hoping to switch to a morning flight. I'm wide open 12/9, going to MVMCP with friends on 12/10 & hoping to get tickets to the Epcot event on 12/11. My full dates are 12/9-13. I'll PM Sly.

Glad to hear MIL is doing better. Continued prayers for a full & speedy recovery. :hug:

Congrats again on the sale of your house Maria and hope we can finally connect when I'm down in 2 weeks!

And should we not connect in two weeks I'm at BLT on 12/10. No excuses to not meet! TOWL or lobby at the very least. ::yes::

DS19 is home for a visit until Tue. First time we've seen him since we dropped him off late Aug. He looks good. :goodvibes
I agree Julie!!! We just gotta make this happen!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter