VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some beautiful pics and videos I took on my iPhone, I just have to figure out how to get them off my phone and onto this thread. Which will be no easy task as I am very technologically challenged. But maybe my husband can help me out over the weekend with posting some pictures. I know I can't post videos here but my favorite video by far is the one I took of the twinkling lamps at night as you walk from the Main Lodge to the DVC Villas. So peaceful. Sigh.

Ugh I am in MAJOR WITHDRAWAL! :(

Just back from our 1st stay at VWL and can I just say... I totally get it now! :thumbsup2 We purchased a VWL resale contract last year and I am so happy to call it one of my homes :)

We had a 1BR Villa Room 3355 and it was the perfect view. Could see a bit of the pool, the electric boat parade through the trees and my DD11 and I would sit out on the balcony every night and watch Wishes over the top of the Lodge. And it was so quiet - wow - I have never stayed at a quieter location in all of Disney (just like Ranger Stan told me, long before DVC was a possibility for us). Perfect. Sigh, I miss it so much right now and it's only been 12 hours since we checked out...
We love the rooms on the back that have a pool view, and we do just what you did: EWP, Wishes over the rooftop, the beach, the trails. We love the tranquility that is VWL as it is an escape from the hustle and bustle at the parks. That peacefulness is what sets VWL apart from the other resorts. ;)

Just back from our 1st stay at VWL and can I just say... I totally get it now! :thumbsup2 We purchased a VWL resale contract last year and I am so happy to call it one of my homes :)

We had a 1BR Villa Room 3355 and it was the perfect view. Could see a bit of the pool, the electric boat parade through the trees and my DD11 and I would sit out on the balcony every night and watch Wishes over the top of the Lodge. And it was so quiet - wow - I have never stayed at a quieter location in all of Disney (just like Ranger Stan told me, long before DVC was a possibility for us). Perfect. Sigh, I miss it so much right now and it's only been 12 hours since we checked out...

We feel your pain. Like Muushka says, start planning that next trip...now!!!

In exactly one month I will be at our special place.
I got my documents from DCL yesterday to go along with my tags for the villas that I got last week!!! :thumbsup2

I am a happy camper.

Now if I can just get all these last minute tax clients done and go put the extensions in the mailbox! :surfweb:

I hope everyone has made the taxman happy and not stressed out too much over the process. Have a great Tuesday!!

In exactly one month I will be at our special place.
I got my documents from DCL yesterday to go along with my tags for the villas that I got last week!!! :thumbsup2

I am a happy camper.

Now if I can just get all these last minute tax clients done and go put the extensions in the mailbox! :surfweb:

I hope everyone has made the taxman happy and not stressed out too much over the process. Have a great Tuesday!!

I had to go to the first page to see what was up with you!
twokats 17-25 VWL followed by 26 - June 2 - DCL Fantasy for their 28th anniversary!

How awesome is that! 28th anniversary, Happy Happy! And a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy!
I will need to get some good info from you for our Fantasy next year.

Too early to bid you happy vacation, but, Happy Vacation!!:banana:

Jimmy, I love those pictures on the title post. Love Ranger Stan at the end.:hug:

We love VWL sooooo much we just sold our BWV to pay for our new VWL!!!! Now you know I've got the jones's bad!!! :goodvibes

I had to go to the first page to see what was up with you!

How awesome is that! 28th anniversary, Happy Happy! And a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy!
I will need to get some good info from you for our Fantasy next year.

Too early to bid you happy vacation, but, Happy Vacation!!:banana:

We are very excited. Le my DH has commented more about this trip than either of the other two (first time we have been to WDW and a cruise totally by ourselves) and at first he was not very keen about the Western and going to Mexican ports. But he is coming around and agrees that we will book another cruise onboard. I will miss my sweet mother who was my running buddy for everything, but Le has promised me that he will go 'around' with me a little more than usual. He loves to sit on the verandah and watch the ocean go by.

ppssttttt......... 11 more sleeps! party:

ppsstttt....... 29 more for me!!!!! But whose counting ;)

We are very excited. Le my DH has commented more about this trip than either of the other two (first time we have been to WDW and a cruise totally by ourselves) and at first he was not very keen about the Western and going to Mexican ports. But he is coming around and agrees that we will book another cruise onboard. I will miss my sweet mother who was my running buddy for everything, but Le has promised me that he will go 'around' with me a little more than usual. He loves to sit on the verandah and watch the ocean go by.

ppsstttt....... 29 more for me!!!!! But whose counting ;)

Oh yes, I remember that cruise you took with your mom.:hug: Sweet memories.:flower3:

Oh yes, I remember that cruise you took with your mom.:hug: Sweet memories.:flower3:

Both cruises she was with me on were so great! She fell in love with cruisin' on the first one which led me to plan the NYE cruise. So glad we did and she talked about that one right up til the end. Kati my DD treasures the time spent on that trip with her beloved Grandmother.

This picture is from the first cruise and is Le's favorite. I had stopped to take a picture of Le and Mom had gone on ahead of us and had waited for us to catch up to her. He always said a comment for this picture was "Hurry up kids, I'm waiting."

WDWMay2009685.jpg

Heads up Groupies!!!

We have a two-fer today

Happy Birthday to Tea Pot and DisneyNutzy!

surprisemickeyminnieblankborder.jpg

WOW - HAPPY BIRTHDAY Teapot! :cheer2:

COOL - HAPPY BIRTHDAY DisneyNutzy! :cool1:

May you enjoy what your day brings!

Thanks for the birthday wishes Twokats, Dizdad & JT. Just found the new thread. Unfortunately I don't get on the boards much these days. I retired in August and my old desk is where I would check in from. Happy to report my retirement is active and busy enough to keep me out of the house and off the computer ;)

We just returned from a 10 day trip that was spent at OKW and off site. I did make it to the lodge a few times for dinner and pictures. The place just isn't the same without our beloved Ranger Stan. The quick visit to the lodge had our entire family questioning why it has been so long since we stayed there. I promised after our Kidani stay in October a lodge trip would be booked. I took a bunch of pictures on my phone and will post if I can ever figure out how to upload them to my computer.

Hope all the old and new groupies are doing well. I will try to visit more often.

Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAPOT!

surprisemickeyminnieblankborder.jpg

Happy Birthday to Tea Pot and DisneyNutzy!

I hope it is a great day for you two!!

Twokats, what a great birthday gif!! So fun, I stole it!!!!;)

I love that picture of your mom in front of the ship. Just beautiful.:hug:

Happy birthday to teapot and DisneyNutzy!

Today, I was able to book a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare so my granddaughter will be able to see characters without standing in line (with granddad). Any groupie have the breakfast there? How did you like it?

Happy birthday to teapot and DisneyNutzy!

Today, I was able to book a character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare so my granddaughter will be able to see characters without standing in line (with granddad). Any groupie have the breakfast there? How did you like it?

It's been a few years since I've eaten there but I remember really enjoying their breakfast. They had the standards but also included different items such as strawberry soup...yum! The characters were fun and engaging - Alice, Mad Hatter, Pooh, Tigger and probably lots more but I can't remember.

That will be such a treat for your granddaughter - and hopefully for you, too!

Happy Birthday teapot and DisneyNutzy!

15 days for me - well, it would be if I were counting :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter