VWL Over Christmas

itutorfortravel

I tutor high school math to pay for my travel addi
Well, we just bought our DVC a couple months ago and are heading to WDW next year...staying at BLT. Really excited because of the convenience to parks, monorail, lake view...

Before we even take this trip, I'm already planning the next! LOL! We actually own at VWL and know how much we like the theming there at Christmas. However, we have never actually stayed at WDW over Christmas (just in early December), so I'm just wondering what it's really like to be at WDW on Christmas day, specifically VWL?

And what are the parks like? Also, dining? Are the crowds overwhelming?

We've stayed at VWL at Christmas twice now. It is really an awesome place and fits the mood and ambiance of Christmas so well. They replace the usual western music with Christmas music and the huge tree in the main lobby (and the good sized one in the villa lobby) help set the scene for a wonderful Christmas theme.

On Christmas Eve, Santa makes a visit and people can have their picture taken with him in front of the tree.

The parks? Well the parks are a complete mob scene from about December 23 through January 1. Really, they are packed. There may be times when you can't even get into MK or DHS because they have met the park capacity.

This is not a time to go if the hope is to commando tour the park attractions. The FP+ will help to allow people to at least do three desired attractions per day which is more than we could do during our trips without FP+. And Extra Magic Hours help to be able to do some more things.

But for us, we mainly took things at a much slower pace, looking at all the decorations in each of the parks and going to several resorts to see their decorations.

As for dining, we did our Christmas dinner each time at Liberty Tree Tavern. Traditional turkey with the trimmings served family style in a great holiday setting. In general, the restaurants were as crowded as the parks and ADRs were a must (which we don't usually do for most trips).

We had a couple of great Christmases at VWL. If you do it, I'm sure you will have some beautiful memories of it as we have. :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter