Wait, Sleeping Beauty's Castle has new paint? Well I'm off to lick it then PTR!!

Lisa_C

*Mum to the 1st Disneyland Paris DISBOARD BABY!*
So, after a very successful November trip where I became a member of the Castle Licking group in Facebook (I kid you not!! A few of us found it and found it so funny that we all dared each other. Only one refused, but we are now officially Castle Lickers! :rotfl:) I have decided that with all the new refurbs, I need to claim "my" spot back and regain my status. After all, my germs have gone and I have no part of my DNA left in Disney!

So the Cast are as follows:
Me, (Lisa) one year off a BIG birthday and total Disney freak. Shareholder, recently got into Vinylmations and I have become addicted to the Oxford Street Diseny Store, using it to get my fix and brighten up the CM's day by singing songs with them all day long (again, this is very muchly true!)

DS, Callum, 15, who got left behind in November due to exams and he has never forgiven me. Loves Disney, but doesn't want his friends to know. Oops.

DD, Eowyn, 7, and is a proud member of the Castle Lickers too. Is now officially tall enough for RC Racer (at last) and for R'n'R Coaster, though I think the big thing for her will be Tower of Terror. EVERY year she says she'll go on it, and EVERY year she chickens out. Well my dear, you shall not get out of it this time muahahahahahahahahaha!!

And now the real reason for the trip. As mentioned, I turn "mumble" next September and had planned a mega trip for all the family and my bestest friends and their children (including my God Daughter Taz - who is totally into Castle Licking and we had to pull her away from it!). Then on the day before Fathers Day, my darling Daddy :lovestruc was rushed into hospital having a heart attack. They operated on him and he was on the ward with in an hour, but it was really touch and go at one point. Two weeks later, when he was out of hospital and I was visiting him, the 50% flash sale came up and I spoke to Dad about it. He told me to go ahead and book because life is too short. I was cut up at the thought of loosing him, but it also struck me that the school holidays would consist of looking after him and the children (my step mum is disabled and works full time) and they would be missing out on our usually theme park weekends (hoooooooray for Merlin Passes :dance3:!). So I went home, pressed the magic button (after securing great Eurostar prices) and sat down thinking "oh my gawd, I can't believe I just did that!" and nearly burst with excitement! My Aunty Betty left me some money in he will and I used it to book, decided not to tell the kids (I wrote it on facebook and my DS took three weeks to see it)! I made the video via the wesite and DD had to watch it three times before she realised she was going, and I have been bouncing off the walls for the past six weeks!

So the Cheyenne awaits us, the indirect train calls us for a 7am departure (direct on the way back because I am not that stupid :lmao:) and my bank manager says "it was nice while it lasted"..........

I hope you have a great time, now don't get to excited and ruin the new paint job lol

Are you going to try to stay on the eurostar if its going to dlp? I know people have done before, instead of jumping off at lille?

Enjoy :yay:

Hope you have a fab time:goodvibes

Next time I go (hopefully:rolleyes1) I'll be looking for bare spots in the paintwork :lmao:

Just a thought, I bet you used to lick your toys as a child didn't you? Hmm didn't they still have lead in paint back then? Could explain a lot :rotfl2:

Have fun :banana: Looking forward to your trippie

xxx

yay girl!!!!! I'm all for the lick~age....so funny!lol....can't wait til you are back and uploaded pics etc...bring it on, safe journey!!!

Have a magical trip!!! :wizard:

Is the reason for the castle refurb because you licked all the paint off??? :rotfl2: Can't wait to see the new photos! :goodvibes

Im remember meantion of castle licking but kinda thought id imagined it!! Lisa you dark horse! I want a full report on how the new paint tastes!!! :laughing:

love your ptrs/trs and cant wait to read all about it popcorn::

life is too short and hey we'll all be bankrupt together :rotfl2: these were the same bank managers that were offering us credit cards to beat the band a few years back so they neednt get scorpy when we decide we should still have the credit to keep us in the style (holidays) we are now accustomed to!

Hope you have the best time and that your DD braves ToT. Bon Voyage!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter