wait times...

mrd7896

Mouseketeer
i know this is the most asked question but i frequently look at the Universal app throughout the day and different days of the week and recently wait times have been high. with not a lot of VQ.
I read that VQ for Hagrids' will only be on the weekends, but is that the same for other attractions?

i always thought i can navigate Universal/Islands very well, riding attractions as much as i want but that was a pre-covid world where i go single rider, get there early, stay a bit later, etc.

for instance there are a few attractions on the app at this very moment that are 60 minute waits and above
are these accurate or a bit overestimated?

I can do waits that are up to maybe 40 minutes but just because of reduced hours, using 60+ minutes for one attraction, while also taking time to do a full service sit down restaurant (we will need the break to rest our feet, get A/C, take off masks), i'm just getting concerned.

I will be visiting the parks the saturday before labor day (nervous about the crowds..but if VQ's are running i won't be too worried) and wednesday the week of labor day. I wasn't too concerned for wednesday being that weekdays seem to be less crowded, but the wait times today aren't all that great.

I have the P2P feature and if it is still a thing can take advantage of the early hour.

The crowds have gone way up since they released the buy a day come all year promotion. Right now on the app rip ride rockit is 90 mins, hulk 120, mummy and escape from gringotts just listed as at capacity. I went yesterday and it was almost too crowded to even be enjoyable in the summer heat.

Hopefully things level off, but I'm not sure why they decided to release that deal and shut down a few rides/cut hours at the same time...

EDIT: To answer the question on virtual lines, I still see them available for some attractions like Gringotts but spots are limited and you usually have the option to just wait standby. They have not been super prevalent.

Last edited:
I'm curious about the virtual lines and how stuff is working with express pass. If you have EP you can just walk in on rides like Fallon without having to do virtual line and my understanding is that that is also the case on mummy and gringotts. But if they reach capacity like they say they are today then what happens? Can you still ride with EP or is everybody shut out who didn't already book a virtual line spot?

I can’t believe how bad the wait times are right now. We are coming the end of August. Hopefully things slow down a bit by then.

I am hoping that as the crowds adjust Universal adjust and hires some of its employees back. An unenjoyable experience is not going to bring people back. One of the things that stood out to us in February was how Disney seemed to have less employees and more food and other stations closed. Plus the employees were just kinder. I would hate for this to change the "magic" of Universal.

We just got back...we were there August 8-12. To be honest it was way busier than I expected especially on Saturday and Sunday...it was super packed both weekend days. The weekdays were a little better but still way busier than I anticipated. It definitely caught me off guard as I’ve seen countless pictures and posts about how dead it is. I definitely think the special FL resident ticket promo they just released is to blame. Just get there as early as you can each day. The crowds weren’t quite as bad right at opening but got heavier as the day went on each day.

Weekday wait times should be easing off soon as school is starting up soon.

I'm curious about the virtual lines and how stuff is working with express pass. If you have EP you can just walk in on rides like Fallon without having to do virtual line and my understanding is that that is also the case on mummy and gringotts. But if they reach capacity like they say they are today then what happens? Can you still ride with EP or is everybody shut out who didn't already book a virtual line spot?

I'm curious about this too. Will you still be able to use EP if a ride is at capacity??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter