Waiting for late Nov/Dec Southwest tickets?

We are waiting for SW fares for Nov. 6 and 13. I thought the fares were supposed to be available 4-6 months in advance... Is there any way to predict what day of the month fares may become available? :Pinkbounc

Originally posted by WeluvDisney2
We are waiting for SW fares for Nov. 6 and 13. I thought the fares were supposed to be available 4-6 months in advance... Is there any way to predict what day of the month fares may become available? :Pinkbounc

read page 12 of this thread.

Originally posted by sorchamac
I called customer service again today, and he said they are planning to open the schedule sometime between the 15th and the 17th of this week (which matches what the last CS rep told me last week).

Let's hope-

Sorcha

I am by no means an SWA expert, but I wouldn't count too heavily on the 15th to the 17th. Doesn't SWA ALWAYS release thier schedule on a Tuesday? That being the case, it wouldn't come out until the 20th.

Originally posted by Mickey_Maniac
I am by no means an SWA expert, but I wouldn't count too heavily on the 15th to the 17th. Doesn't SWA ALWAYS release thier schedule on a Tuesday? That being the case, it wouldn't come out until the 20th.

I'm not counting too heavily on ANYTHING until I actually see it there!! But I'm not sure it's true that they always release their schedule on Tuesdays. They seem to annouce their specials on Tuesdays, but one thing the regular phone people have said to me over and over is that "it could be anytime, keep trying back a couple of times a day..."

Sorcha

sorchamac,
I hope I am wrong and you are right. This waiting every week until Tuesday only to find nothing new is killing me.

Originally posted by twinmomplus2new
Just an FYI, I just checked last December and the fares were released on or around the 25th of July.

July 25th (2003) is exactly what I had marked on my calendar.

I knew last summer that I would need the SWA schedule for this coming Dec. for a cruise. I marked it so I could be prepared for the flights to open. Now, instead of needing air this Dec. 4th, I need it on the 29th (cruise on 1/2). What I didn't mark down was if the schedule went past Dec. 14th (2003) and I really don't think that it did. We went to WDW in Dec. 2003 and our older kids flew SWA. They had to return home a few days earlier that DH and I who flew AA because when I booked their tickets (Sept 10th) the schedule wasn't open thru the Holiday's. Does this make any sense? :confused:

My aunt booked her trip from 12/23/03-1/5/04 on July 29th last year. I know because we flew home from Florida that day as my father was dying. When we got home her friend had called and told her the flights were open for Christmas.

Donna

SW has opened up to Dec 11. Haven't booked my Nov. tickets yet, not awake enough. It seems there are not as many a.m. direct flights on Tuesday. May fly out Monday p.m.

Good luck to everyone!

Originally posted by MJTinNH
SW has opened up to Dec 11. Haven't booked my Nov. tickets yet, not awake enough. It seems there are not as many a.m. direct flights on Tuesday. May fly out Monday p.m.

Good luck to everyone!

:laughing: You beat me to it!!! DATES THROUGH DEC. 11 ARE HERE!!! :jumping1: :thewave: :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

:wave2:

I checked SW at 10:00 last night before I went to bed. At 6:30 this morning I was so excited when I saw that they were open until Dec. 11. BUt there is nothing under $141 one way available !! How can that be?? I'm looking to get out of Manchester. All the cheap seats can't possibly be taken already! What is going on? Will they come down? I am really upset about this. Does anyone know anything??

Originally posted by tomi
I checked SW at 10:00 last night before I went to bed. At 6:30 this morning I was so excited when I saw that they were open until Dec. 11. BUt there is nothing under $141 one way available !! How can that be?? I'm looking to get out of Manchester. All the cheap seats can't possibly be taken already! What is going on? Will they come down? I am really upset about this. Does anyone know anything??

Hi, tomi :wave:!

They should come down a little later on, according to that travel expert on the Today Show. There was a segment about air fare wars yesterday, and I was lucky enough to catch it. So if you're willing to wait, you might get a lower rate. Good luck!

:jumping1: :jumping1:

OMG!!! I am so excited... I think I am dreaming!

Not only did SW extend this morning, I got RT n/s from Buffalo to MCO the day after Thanksgiving for $79 each! Total for 5 people, travelling Friday, Nov 26th - Sun, Dec 5th N/S each way... $876 TOTAL! :thewave:

Can I BE anymore excited? :Pinkbounc

So glad I held out... so glad I held out... so glad!

Good luck everyone!

Karen (who is still shaking from booking those flights!) :teeth:

Originally posted by aesalsa
Hi, tomi :wave:!

They should come down a little later on, according to that travel expert on the Today Show. There was a segment about air fare wars yesterday, and I was lucky enough to catch it. So if you're willing to wait, you might get a lower rate. Good luck!

Then again.... if people grab them, you might lose out! Grab the cheapest fare you can find, and keep watching the rates. If your airline lowers it's fares, call them up and ask for a credit or refund. At least that way you know you have seats.

Then again... are you a gambler? Do you feel lucky?

---Paul in Southern NJ

:o Still not able to book our flights for Dec. 11-18:mad: nana2tots

Hurray, they finally opened it up. BOOOO it was the one day I slept late!!! And I knew they were going to open it today. Still, I'm not sure it would have made any difference. I got my outbound flight on Nov 27th 11:45 am out of Bradley for $141 :( . But I got my flight home on Dec 4th at 4:45 for $79 :D . I was bummed about the $141. I called just to check that they didn't have it available there, and she said that it was just limited availability. So maybe I'll get lucky and the fares will go down. I know someone else here was looking for that flight - did you get it cheaper?

I can see why it took them so long to get the schedule out, all the times have really changed from the Oct schedule. I was tempted to take the 7:45 am flight out of BDL, since it was only $109, but I don't do well getting up that early (I'd have to get up at 4 am) and that goes double for DH. Not a good way to start vacation.

Sorcha

Hi Everyone
I was just able to book flights for Nov 26 thru Dec 4. :bounce:The main page still says Oct. 29th but when you click on reservations it shows flights into Dec. I leave out of MHT and the flights have been restructured for different. I was able to book $79 each way for 4 of us.
Good luck to you all
Bugdozer
:sunny:

the Decemeber, prime time flights are not being offered at the low fates.

Now I am torn. I really want to travel Friday, 12/3 (to MCO) and Saturday, 12/11 (from MCO). I can risk it and wait for SWA to offer better fares, or I can go ahead and pay for the tickets I have on hold with AA. The catch is I will have to fly Thu, 12/2 and Fri, 12/10. By the way AA ticket out of BOS $115.20 pp r/t ($601 for the 5 of us...unbelievable!!!!!)

Advise or comments

well I got $74 going down but $129 coming back up. Still not too bad in my book but I missed when they came out so I missed the $74 for going home! Oh well. I am still psyched.
Steph

Originally posted by sorchamac
Hurray, they finally opened it up. BOOOO it was the one day I slept late!!! And I knew they were going to open it today. Still, I'm not sure it would have made any difference. I got my outbound flight on Nov 27th 11:45 am out of Bradley for $141 :( . But I got my flight home on Dec 4th at 4:45 for $79 :D . I was bummed about the $141. I called just to check that they didn't have it available there, and she said that it was just limited availability. So maybe I'll get lucky and the fares will go down. I know someone else here was looking for that flight - did you get it cheaper?

I can see why it took them so long to get the schedule out, all the times have really changed from the Oct schedule. I was tempted to take the 7:45 am flight out of BDL, since it was only $109, but I don't do well getting up that early (I'd have to get up at 4 am) and that goes double for DH. Not a good way to start vacation.

Sorcha

Hi,
did you check flights from Providence? Or, going into Tampa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter