Waiting for Points to "Load" / Populate - Resale Contract Visible -

Still waiting impatiently for a contract that closed and recorded on 1/13... this wait is painful !!!!!

So got my closing papers -- and the added middle name compared to my original ID NOT having Middle name. Same Use Year. I emailed members@ but haven't received response yet.

Anyone with any similar experience on mismatch middle name and having trouble contracts on same member ID?

We got our activation code and called and they loaded our points and booked our first stay! We called once and they said no. Then my husband called back and asked if they could work some magic since we really wanted a stay the last week of May. The lady said give me a minute and she came back and said where do you want to stay. 😊

If DVC member services has the ability to populate points immediately during a few minute phone call, why do they make the majority of resale purchasers wait one to two weeks for points. Disney should have a consistent policy across all contracts, either they load instantly or they don’t.

It makes me believe they are intentionally lying to the majority of us that have asked about getting points loaded and get told that it is a 7 to 14 day process.

If DVC member services has the ability to populate points immediately during a few minute phone call, why do they make the majority of resale purchasers wait one to two weeks for points. Disney should have a consistent policy across all contracts, either they load instantly or they don’t.

It makes me believe they are intentionally lying to the majority of us that have asked about getting points loaded and get told that it is a 7 to 14 day process.
They just want resale to be a long drawn out process to give direct an advantage imo.

I am happy we got our points but I agree! It should be consistent with loading people points.

Probably because the employees who do that work have many other responsibilities, most of which carry a higher priority. Volume of resale contracts at any given time varies, also.

It's hard to wait for something you really want. Amazon has spoiled us - we've come to expect instant gratification.

We know it's a division of labor between member administration and services. Admin makes sure the contract language is all kosher and clears the legal hurdles....then puts it in the member service pile which I bet is a lower priority to handle between all the calls and emails current dvc members need to address.

If one calls or chats, then they go to the pile if they down time.... otherwise give the 1-2 weeks phrase

Probably because the employees who do that work have many other responsibilities, most of which carry a higher priority. Volume of resale contracts at any given time varies, also.

It's hard to wait for something you really want. Amazon has spoiled us - we've come to expect instant gratification.

I agree, I’m sure the people loading points have a bunch of other things they are doing and loading resale points is low on their priority list. My displeasure isn’t necessarily with how long it takes, it is with the inconsistency in how they handle these requests.
They are creating a system which encourages new members to make multiple phone calls, tying up customer services reps multiple times in the hopes of getting that one person who works there to pull some strings. Imagine if every person waiting on points made 5 to 10 phone calls to MS asking the same thing. Since this seems to work, this should probably go into the resale company instructions for their timetable they give the buyers.
“Your points will populate within 1 to 2 weeks, however if you keep calling member services you will eventually reach somebody who will load your points immediately”

I agree, I’m sure the people loading points have a bunch of other things they are doing and loading resale points is low on their priority list. My displeasure isn’t necessarily with how long it takes, it is with the inconsistency in how they handle these requests.
They are creating a system which encourages new members to make multiple phone calls, tying up customer services reps multiple times in the hopes of getting that one person who works there to pull some strings. Imagine if every person waiting on points made 5 to 10 phone calls to MS asking the same thing. Since this seems to work, this should probably go into the resale company instructions for their timetable they give the buyers.
“Your points will populate within 1 to 2 weeks, however if you keep calling member services you will eventually reach somebody who will load your points immediately”

I do agree with this and it should be consistent, The more people call, the more likely they are to find someone who is able to get their points to jump the line And be loaded right then.

My contract is finally showing up on the site! I closed 1/22 and the deed was recorded 1/22. Now just to wait for my points to load!

My contract is finally showing up on the site! I closed 1/22 and the deed was recorded 1/22. Now just to wait for my points to load!
This gives me hope that today will be our turn. We closed 01/22 and deed recorded 01/23. Now I just need points by Feb 17th so I can book a fall surprise getaway for my nieces!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter