Waitlist - What should I do?

Gizmo74

Mouseketeer
My mistake and I had my 7months wrong by a month. Ugh.....

I booked my home resort, Poly at 11 months but wanted to switch and try BLT. I logged on this week thinking it was my 7 months but it's really 6 months away. BLT is available all but one day in the middle of our stay. I would have to borrow some 2019 months which I am happy to do for a guaranteed reservation.

I don't want to switch and move during our stay so that is out. If I book all days available at BLT and only waitlist the one day in the middle, what are my chances it becomes available? If I did that, I would have to let my Poly room go so I would have enough points to book. If I did that, I would be giving up a week at a hotel and not moving.

At this point, I have waitlisted the entire week I need at BLT. I am trying to get a one-bedroom Lake View the first week on June. I hope it becomes available and I keep checking everyday. Can't believe I mis-calculated my 7 months.

If you can book all of the other days at BLTs, then I would do that. Then I would set up a wait list request set up as a modification to your current one week at Polly. If that waitlist request comes through in the middle of the week it will automatically drop your poly reservation and use those points. If you are able to get all of the days you could then call member services and have them connect it all together as one continuous reservation.

Last edited:
I think there's quite a good chance that the BLT 1BR lakeview waitlist would fill for a single night during the next 6 months although of course it might not.

A really safe way to guarantee to not have to move is to first check and see if you can book that 1BR on cash as a backup - either thru DVC or CRO. If so then book it cash, book the other nights with your points and waitlist that 1 night. The cancellation of the cash room is very generous. CRO is 5 days prior to check in. DVC is similar but I don't recall exactly what it is - no more than 7 days though.

If its any help I watch 1 bed availability very closely- I log on at least once a week if not more, every week to check out of curiosity. You are perhaps unlucky not to secure the 1 bed lake view at 6 months- it is often available then and is the least popular room in the entirety of BLT. I would thus suggest there is a very good chance of it coming up on waitlist.

I concur with others. 1BR in June should be pretty easy to to land off the waitlist; especially off the waitlist. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you all for replies. I was kinda shocked that it wasn’t available as all of the other resorts had it open. Even the Grand Floridian! I really wanted to try BLT this time. I like the option listed above about paying cash for the one night to ensure we wouldn’t have to move. I still need to decided what to do. At least we love the Poly if we just keep what we have. Thanks everyone!

I just made someone happy because my BLT waitlist came through for first week of June. I just released a week at Poly standard view for BLT lake view. I am excited because we have not stayed at BLT before. We did stay at Contemporary before we became DVC. Funny on timing, I was about to book Animal Kingdom one bedroom but was going to clear it with my kids first after school. We stayed at Animal Kingdom last month and loved it. Hope BLT lives up to it.

I just made someone happy because my BLT waitlist came through for first week of June. I just released a week at Poly standard view for BLT lake view. I am excited because we have not stayed at BLT before. We did stay at Contemporary before we became DVC. Funny on timing, I was about to book Animal Kingdom one bedroom but was going to clear it with my kids first after school. We stayed at Animal Kingdom last month and loved it. Hope BLT lives up to it.

Congrats! Your WL request took less than a week to fill. Go you! If it is the actual first wek, three days from the middle of the week are already gone at Poly stamdard view. I just looked since stalking January 11 to finalize a full 8 night stay at BLT that I pieced together by stalking and originally had SSR. My WL for January 4 came through but rest of the week was ALL stalking. Have GF as back up plan but hoping to have to not move the last night.
We are staying at BLT beginning January 4, cannot wait!

Last edited:

Congrats. Good job. I like to see things work out.

It depends on what you like. Animal Kingdom Lodge is our special favorite. If you like the Savannah area, if you like the theme, but if you like the restaurants, there is nothing else in Disney World that is even close to it. BLT is a completely different type of experience. Beautiful views, interesting food, but more standard than animal kingdom, and very close proximity to Magic Kingdom as well as the monorail to Epcot. Definitely BLT has its advantages, but does not have the atmosphere of animal kingdom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter