Walkie Talkie questions

adamak

DIS Veteran
Please help. I'm thinking about buying a pair for our family reunion.

What brand?
How much? (How much is reasonable.... what's cheap?)
Where can I find discount?
Worth it (even for non-disney?)
Rent or buy?

Thanks in advanced.

We have a set of the Motorola Talkabouts FR60's and love them. We purchased ours at Best Buy a few years ago for $99.00 for the pair. I have seen them on sale for $79.99 a pair at Best Buy lately. We use ours alot! We take them to the Mall of America and on vacation all of the time. I would highly recommend them! For the price on sale, I would purchase. I think ours have paid for themselves after all of the times we have used them. Hope this helps!!

We have the same brand and use ours all the time as well. They are perfect when we travel with 2 cars and can talk back & forth if needed. We also took them on the ski slopes so we could meet back up. The main thing you need are the subchannels, and that brand has them. That will keep you from having other people talking on your channel. Only once during our trip last summer did we have someone else on our channel.

For Disney World you MUST have 14 channels and at least the same number subchannels And the MOST IMPORTANT a Quelch!! For every walkie talkie there are 4 kids playing on them!! But that wasn't the WORSEST it was wierdo's trying to get my DD to met them and talking Dirty over them!! WE had a pair that had a Quelch,but the distance was too short,so we took them back. The Cobra's we got to replace them altho free,weren't good enough for WDW,so we had multiple problems!!

We have the Talkabout 250's...14 channels, 38 subchannels. We use them frequently for non-Disney activities as well.

The one thing it doesn't have, which I regret, is a signal; instead, you press the button and just start talking. That's not so good if the person you're contacting is in a show, or...in the case of my DH...the men's room. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter