Walking time from Lyft/Uber drop off to boat dock?

Disfan8726

Earning My Ears
Hello!

I’m meeting a friend who is new to Disney. I’d like to meet them to get on the boat over to MK, but I’m driving to the park.

My plan is to drive and park at TTC, then Lyft over to Fort Wilderness, and finally walk to the boat dock (I don’t want to wait for the internal shuttle).

How long of a walk am I looking at? Looking at Google Maps it looks like maybe 15 minutes but I’d appreciate some on the ground knowledge.

(I thought about just taking the boat from MK to Fort Wilderness but that seems like it will burn a lot of time).

Uber/Lyft can only drop you off at the "Outpost" check in area at the front of the Fort. The boat docks are at the "Settlement" at the opposite end of the campground. The Outpost and Settlement are about a mile apart. The Fort is BIG. I'd take the internal bus. All go from the Outpost to the Settlement. The Settlement bus stop is still a 5 minute walk to the dock, but you will get to see the new stables, Hoop-Dee-Do, Trails End, Crocket's Tavern and one of the Trading Posts on your walk.

j

Is The Fort still restricting access to campers and dining reservations only? Are they continuing that until after Christmas? That may mean you will have to be added to your friend's reservation to be able to get into the Fort if they are staying there.

The boat from MK to FW will probably not take any more time than walking from the Outpost to the dock and will be much more relaxed. If you aren't speed walking it could easily take you close to an hour to walk from the Outpost to the Dock. (Guessing at the very least, you will break even time-wise, but you could actually end up saving some time by taking the boat.)

(From loop 2200 it usually takes us about 30 minutes to walk to the Settlement and about 20 minutes to walk to the Outpost - granted, we haven't actually put the two together and gone from the front all the way to the back or vice versa but I assume it could take a bit longer than the sum of its parts due to walking the whole distance in one go.)

Also, are you then planning on spending the whole day in MK after this? (Maybe better to save some energy and money in addition to some potential time!)

An alternative may be to take the resort bus from MK to FW that drops off at the Settlement area nearish to the dock (but the boat is so much more enjoyable!)

The restrictions were for Halloween only. Haven’t seen anything yet for restrictions around Christmas.

As a reference, here is the most direct path from where Uber will drop you off (far left) and where you get the boat to MK (far right).

1.34 miles. Definitely walkable (I've done it), but the internal buses are faster. Taking the resort launch from the MK dock to the Fort is much nicer and free (compared to Uber) and probably faster than waiting for an Uber and then walking the 1.3 miles.

1699916584314.png

j

My wife and I do that walk every trip. We plan about 30 minutes. It just depends on whether or not I get distracted along the way. Sometimes it's 30 minutes. Sometimes it's 5 minutes quicker or slower. It really just depends on if you're sight-seeing or pushing it.

It's a beautiful walk. It's almost a shame to waste the opportunity by sitting on the bus. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter