Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Note: your MDE entry may still drop if you use Bonvoy Online Check-in vs checking in at the Front desk. We have had multiple reports of this happening.
Yeah, I've read through this thread and have seen folks mention about their reservation dropping. I've already written down all 4 reservation/confirmation numbers in the case of that happening, so I should be good to go. The only thing I truly care about when it comes to potential mishaps is booking an ILL at 7am. We're planning a day at Epcot during the Swan stay and if I can't buy the ILL for Cosmic Rewind at 7am because it doesn't recognize me as a resort guest for some reason then I'll be pretty upset. For context, I know about the VQ and ILLs for Cosmic Rewind don't sell out that quickly, but it'll still be frustrating if I'm unable to do so.

Has anyone used Marriott points to add a night to their stay? Did they make you change rooms?
We are booked at the Dolphin 1/13- 1/16 and added a free night 1/16 - 1/17. I booked over the phone and they said they would do their best to keep us in the same room. Also I'm a gold member and booked a standard no view room, is there any chance of an upgrade?

Has anyone used Marriott points to add a night to their stay? Did they make you change rooms?
We are booked at the Dolphin 1/13- 1/16 and added a free night 1/16 - 1/17. I booked over the phone and they said they would do their best to keep us in the same room. Also I'm a gold member and booked a standard no view room, is there any chance of an upgrade?
Hey travel buddy! I did the same, though I don't get there until the 14th. When I called, they have me listed as back to back reservations. They did tell me that I will need to go down to the front desk on the 16th to check out and check back in to the same room, but that I could leave my things in the room and wouldn't need to move. Planning to confirm with the front desk upon arrival just to avoid any surprises.

I also did this a few years ago when I got a last minute flight change and booked a reservation for the next night. Went down the next morning when I would normally check out, said I had added on a night and if there was a way I could stay in the same room. Obviously no guarantees, but there's obviously a benefit to the hotel not having to turn over a room. Not sure of the likelihood of an upgrade though.

I had 2 separate reservations (Swan) in December, using free night certificates. I was careful to book the same room type, and they let me stay in the same room. I wanted to pay the resort fee with a gift card, so they said to go to the desk in the morning because each night's resort fee would be charged separately since they were 2 reservations. Not sure if I would have needed to otherwise.

I was upgraded to resort view, which means I looked out on the Dolphin and could see the yacht and beach club. Did you also book your first 3 nights through Marriott? Could be a chance but no guarantees. Honestly resort view did nothing for me.

Got five nights at the Swan at the end of the month coming up, my first Disneyworld trip since 2019, looking forward to it. Gonna hit up the bars at Shula's and Flying Fish again, and I have a res at Yachtsman one night. And then do loads of Epcot stuff.

I am somehow platinum elite at Marriott right now (boosted by the Bonvoy Amex maybe? I haven't done that much traveling lately) so I am hoping for an upgrade on a stay made entirely with points. There is something happening at the Swan and Dolphin on Monday January 30th though--the Dolphin is sold out and the cheapest room at the Swan is $1740--that could interfere with that. Anyone know what that could be? I see no events on the calendars I've checked.

I didn’t read this with my last stay but the amenities included a free Swan water activity. If you have little ones that might think this would be fun … looks kinda fun . I guess it is a pedal / use your own strength mode of transport?

Dont forget about checking out Universal expansion news if you are considering year+ in advance . It will be Epic !
I know Disneyland has big news for 100th Anniversary .
Maybe WDW will join in eventually …

Last edited:
My recent personal experience booking the Swan, just for context if anyone is searching for answers or guidance in the future:

The Capital One Travel portal offered the lowest rate on a single room with 2 Queen beds with no view. Fiance used her CapOne card because it's a travel card so she got more miles booking thru the portal than had we used any other card. She received an email from CapitalOne almost immediately with 2 confirmation numbers, one of which was a CapitalOne confirmation number and the 2nd number was just listed as "Hotel Confirmation". I still have no idea what this second number is for.

Every 24 hour period after we booked the stay, I called the Swan and Dolphin number, (407) 934 - 3000, and went through the automated menu until I could speak to a representative. Since I made the booking shortly before 3 non-business days in a row, each representative told me it wasn't in the system yet. After the 2nd business day, the rep told me that they found it in their 3rd party booking portal, but the confirmation number was not yet available. The next day I called back and they were able to provide me with another 8 digit reservation number that I added to my Disney account and successfully link. For the record, this number does not match the same confirmation number that Disney now shows in My Plans. I basically have 4 different numbers between Capital One, Marriott/Swan, and Disney.

I learned that only the lead guest on the Marriott/Swan reservation can add that 8 digit number to their Marriott/Bonvoy account/app and the names have to match on both. I initially tried adding the reservation to my account rather than my fiance's, but got a technical error and Customer Service told me that only the lead guest can add it to their Marriott/Bonvoy account. This is important because the app provides a mobile key to enter our Swan room, provides for check-in/out information, as well as some other things.

The only thing I have not done is added myself to the reservation. I was told by a few parties I'd have to go through CapitalOne to get them to add me to the reservation. At this point, I don't think I necessarily need to because the reservation already accounts for 2 people, Disney allowed me to match myself to the 2nd guest, and I'm also a little worried it'll change the confirmation number(s) in some way.

This was definitely a process, and we won't be staying at the Swan until this Summer, but hopefully this helps anyone else looking to book in the future. (Also, you'll notice I spelled Capital One differently above, this is because I was purposely trying to make this post more easily searchable).
Quoting myself just to add on here that I woke up this morning to browse the MDE app and noticed that my reservation became unlinked already 🙄, however my stay at the Grand Floridian leading up to it is just fine, so this is definitely a common Swan/Dolphin problem. Anyway, I re-added it and it should be fine, but for anyone else making a reservation at this resorts, be sure to check every few days to ensure your reservations are still linked, especially right before and during your stay!

Got five nights at the Swan at the end of the month coming up, my first Disneyworld trip since 2019, looking forward to it. Gonna hit up the bars at Shula's and Flying Fish again, and I have a res at Yachtsman one night. And then do loads of Epcot stuff.

I am somehow platinum elite at Marriott right now (boosted by the Bonvoy Amex maybe? I haven't done that much traveling lately) so I am hoping for an upgrade on a stay made entirely with points. There is something happening at the Swan and Dolphin on Monday January 30th though--the Dolphin is sold out and the cheapest room at the Swan is $1740--that could interfere with that. Anyone know what that could be? I see no events on the calendars I've checked.
The Amex Brilliant comes with automatic Plat status

Quoting myself just to add on here that I woke up this morning to browse the MDE app and noticed that my reservation became unlinked already 🙄, however my stay at the Grand Floridian leading up to it is just fine, so this is definitely a common Swan/Dolphin problem. Anyway, I re-added it and it should be fine, but for anyone else making a reservation at this resorts, be sure to check every few days to ensure your reservations are still linked, especially right before and during your stay!
You know I have stayed at Swan/Dolphin many, many times and have never had this happen until this upcoming trip. I'm not going until April so I haven't really been looking at my account but thought why not. Sure enough, my Dolphin reservation was listed. Easy enough to add it back but so weird that it is happening now and never has before.

I just returned home from three nights at the Swan. I received daily housekeeping (it was a choice during on-line check-in and I also was asked when I picked up my key at the front desk), there were four bottles of water in my room and any consumed was replaced, and I was charged the resort fee in effect when I made my reservation last April ($35). My reservation did drop out of MDE once I picked up my key, but was easily re-entered. All in all, another good stay there.

I've booked at stay at Dolphin for the end of April. It's a quick trip to show Galaxy's Edge to DH who loves Star Wars and get a little R&R. I've stayed in this area before (Beach Club and Yacht Club) but this is my first time at Dolphin. Would love any recommendations for our trip, particularly related to the following:

Planning a day poolside. Thinking brunch and late dinner. Would love recommendations for table or bar service for either (we are folks who love to eat/drink at the bar but not sure if we can rely on that). We've been to Flying Fish (years ago) which we liked. I'm a fan of Crew's Cup Lounge.

Also considering a cabana. What do folks think about the locations of the three options at the Dolphin? We'd rather be away from the organized activities.

Then one day at HS. That's pretty planned out. It will be a rope drop morning with a midday break. Hoping to book a 9pm reservation at Oga's. I did that with my sister last year and we loved it.

Planning to rent a car on our last full day to drive out to the coast. Does anyone have a recommendation for the most convenient option? That night we plan to go to EPCOT (deluxe evening hours). Thinking about Rose & Crown Fireworks package.

TIA!

So I’m looking at potentially a 13 night stay at the swan.

The Marriott site seems to have the best rate averaging $300/night (plus resort fee and taxes) for a prepaid, non refundable, non changeable reservation.

But in here I’m reading recommendations to book changeable so I can adjust if prices drop? The flexible rate is $334/night.

Is it worth over $400 to have that flexibility?

I’m Marriott gold if that matters.

Depends on you, I always book refundable even though it is more. Good thing too since I changed it today. I had a split stay booked with 3 night Music and 4 nights Dolphin. Disney came out with discounts for the time I'm going to be there and Dolphin also dropped their prices. I changed it to 2 nights Music and 5 nights Dolphin. I had a standard view at Dolphin but the new reservation is for a resort view. I ended up saving $200 and got another night at Dolphin with a better view. I rarely stay with the original room I've booked and I'll continue to check rates right up until the cancellation time just in case they drop again.

But in here I’m reading recommendations to book changeable so I can adjust if prices drop? The flexible rate is $334/night.

First when are you planning to go? We don't need your exact dates but examples are Spring Break, Easter, Mother's day, Memorial day or any other holiday period through the year.

This will provide an idea if the resorts will be sold out or have 100s of empty rooms. The more empty rooms the lower the pricing. How firm are your dates do you plan on purchasing non refundable Airline tickets?

Right now everyone has lowered pricing based on reduced future bookings and Disney is also offering the Dining Gift card. They need to fill rooms that they think would otherwise be empty.

Marriott Gold status does not even come into play.

Dave

So I’m looking at potentially a 13 night stay at the swan.

The Marriott site seems to have the best rate averaging $300/night (plus resort fee and taxes) for a prepaid, non refundable, non changeable reservation.

Your status doesn’t matter in this case.

I would not be willing to spend that much money on a non refundable rate. I learned a thing or two in 2020, namely I don’t know what next week holds, much less a couple months from now.

First when are you planning to go? We don't need your exact dates but examples are Spring Break, Easter, Mother's day, Memorial day or any other holiday period through the year.

This will provide an idea if the resorts will be sold out or have 100s of empty rooms. The more empty rooms the lower the pricing. How firm are your dates do you plan on purchasing non refundable Airline tickets?

Right now everyone has lowered pricing based on reduced future bookings and Disney is also offering the Dining Gift card. They need to fill rooms that they think would otherwise be empty.

Marriott Gold status does not even come into play.

Dave
Late June, early July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter