Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Wooooooo ... I guess the pixie dust worked for me at the Swan Reserve for my second trip staying there. I was upgraded from a Traditional, Guest room, 1 King, Sofa bed, No view to a Signature HollywoodStudio, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed.

So jazzed to be there tomorrow! Anyone interested in seeing photos?

Wooooooo ... I guess the pixie dust worked for me at the Swan Reserve for my second trip staying there. I was upgraded from a Traditional, Guest room, 1 King, Sofa bed, No view to a Signature HollywoodStudio, 1 Bedroom Suite, 1 King, Sofa bed.

Congrats on the upgrade! I would love to see photos.

WOWZA! What an awesome start to your stay 👏

Enjoy!!!

Yes, photos please!

hi there!

First time staying in Swan.....if we are taking advantage of the early entry to HS and Epcot....should we walk or take ferry? Do they take the same amount of time? Strategies you use? What about getting to MK for early entry? Should we just take an uber or will drop off be in an inconvenient spot? We usually stay at Wilderness?Animal Kingdom so this is new to us. Thanks!

hi there!

First time staying in Swan.....if we are taking advantage of the early entry to HS and Epcot....should we walk or take ferry? Do they take the same amount of time? Strategies you use? What about getting to MK for early entry? Should we just take an uber or will drop off be in an inconvenient spot? We usually stay at Wilderness?Animal Kingdom so this is new to us. Thanks!
I can't speak for MK since we have never rope dropped it from S/D but we generally walk to Epcot (maybe 15 minutes or a little less, boat has multiple stops on the way so it usually takes longer assuming you have to wait for it). We will hop on the boat for HS if it is there since it is the next stop and takes about 8 minutes otherwise we will walk (somewhere between 10-15 minutes, it's a slightly shorter walk than Epcot but anyone walking there in 5-10 is a lot faster at walking than we are :laughing:). I think there may be a slightly shorter path to get to HS from Swan by crossing a bridge (I think someone posted map screenshots a few pages back) but we usually just stick to the path on the Boardwalk side since we are familiar...perhaps we are missing out if it is faster, ha.

hi there!

Uber is going to drop you off at TTC so not much advantage to that. I always walk to both Epcot and HS. If a boat is just pulling into the dock when I walk by, I will take it to HS but if not, it's faster for me to walk.

hi there!

Uber is the same MK drop spot as the Swan bus- TTC. Only Minnie Vans (which will pickup up at SD but are like $35-$45/ride) and Disney Resort buses drop at MK proper. You can walk to BWI and take their bus but keep in mind if you just miss the Disney bus it could be 20 mins until the next one. This is the spot on my upcoming trip where I plan to splurge on a MV- but it’s a gamble because you never know if you’ll be able to find one.

hi there!

We were worried we had missed the HS ferry so started walking. A ferry came shortly after we left. It barely beat us to HS. But, we added some extra steps that we probably could have saved for the parks. :)
Bus to MK worked just fine. We just got to TTC and took the monorail. Bus to MK was no problem.
Walked to Epcot.

Anyone have any experience with a "limited view" alcove room at Dolphin? Just curious what kind of view you get. Thanks!

Uber is the same MK drop spot as the Swan bus- TTC. Only Minnie Vans (which will pickup up at SD but are like $35-$45/ride) and Disney Resort buses drop at MK proper. You can walk to BWI and take their bus but keep in mind if you just miss the Disney bus it could be 20 mins until the next one. This is the spot on my upcoming trip where I plan to splurge on a MV- but it’s a gamble because you never know if you’ll be able to find one.
I took a lot of MVs over the weekend and the only time I had to wait a while was when I was leaving the MK during the fireworks show after my Tron AP preview. Otherwise, they were zooming near the SD the entire time!

Hi gang, I just returned home from a 5-day, 4-night stay at the Swan Reserve in a Signature Hollywood Studios Suite. It was a great space - just love that hotel so much. Also the club sandwich at Tangerine was sooooooo good.

Attachments

• tempImagehaYza7.png
    tempImagehaYza7.png
    500.1 KB · Views: 43
  • tempImageIP0wQk.png
    tempImageIP0wQk.png
    517.7 KB · Views: 42
  • tempImage42NrJl.png
    tempImage42NrJl.png
    586 KB · Views: 44
  • tempImageYn7oVC.png
    tempImageYn7oVC.png
    837.1 KB · Views: 43
  • tempImagetmugj1.png
    tempImagetmugj1.png
    760.8 KB · Views: 42
Not only is the waterfall not working at the Grotto Pool, but the area has tarps around it. The restrooms are available, but no seating. ☹️
Any idea how long it will be like this? We are booked for 2 nights precruise and had planned on a pool day. Might switch to a park day or typhoon lagoon if main pool is not really accessible.

Any idea how long it will be like this? We are booked for 2 nights precruise and had planned on a pool day. Might switch to a park day or typhoon lagoon if main pool is not really accessible.
You can still use most of the pool, but the area behind the waterfall is no longer available (used to have more chairs and restrooms) and they roped off the small part of the pool that is underneath the overhang. It's really not much different than the recent months where the waterfall has been closed, it's mostly that it's a bit of an eyesore now and you can no longer sit under that section out of the sun. I wouldn't say it's bad enough to skip the pool day altogether since the pool area is huge, and there are multiple pools.

Just imagine some pool noodles where the waterfall hits the pool, that is the extent of the section that is roped off, it is really just a small area. I find not being able to use the chairs under there the bigger bummer since it was nice and shady back there!
SwanDolphinPools-54-930x620.jpg

I have friends (with a 2 and 4 year old) that will be staying at Swan Reserve over Memorial Day weekend. If they drive to the parks, how do they get free parking? They do not have magic bands so they are unsure what they can use to show they are on property? Also, does the Swan Reserve bus run pretty regularly.....every 20 minutes or so? Mostly concerned with MK. Does anyone know when the Swan pool with be completed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter