Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Gosh I hope you get some positive feedback. We’ve stayed at Swan and the rooms were nice. We are staying at dolphin soon and I can’t cancel. The pool was nice last time we went- I’m hoping clean room and decent food.

Gosh I hope you get some positive feedback. We’ve stayed at Swan and the rooms were nice. We are staying at dolphin soon and I can’t cancel. The pool was nice last time we went- I’m hoping clean room and decent food.
Yeah, I am hoping maybe the negative reviews are either people being overly picky or trying to leverage a negative review for a refund. I trust folks on these message boards more than tripadvisor—fingers crossed…

Can someone who has stayed at the dolphin recently talk me off the ledge? I was so excited to stay at the dolphin next weekend but looked at recent tripadvisor reviews and they are pretty brutal—some saying it is filthy and run down with comparisons to motel six. I have until tomorrow end of day tomorrow to cancel and switch to another hotel. I don’t care if it is dated decor but I do want a clean room and a decent pool.
I haven't stayed at the Dolphin for a year or so. I have an upcoming reservation on Dec. 11&12. All I can really say is it was fine last year, and I am absolutely looking forward to my stay next month. Tripadvisor has all kind of alarmist reviews about a lot of hotels. I don't pay attention to it anymore.

I don’t really pay attention to negative reviews anymore. We saw horrible reviews for the all inclusive in Mexico we were staying at in September and it ended up being a wonderful time and we had 0 of the problems that people wrote reviews about. There will always be someone with bad luck or a bad attitude and they will take the time to write about it. I never write good reviews nor do most others so I’m sure for every bad review there are hundreds of people who have a fine time. I stayed at Dolphin last in February and it was lovely so I can’t imagine things went downhill so fast. Don’t fret!

I concur with Patty and Hanna above. Now, I have not stayed there real recently, seems like so much going on in my life to squeeze in a WDW trip ( :sad: ) but I have stayed at the S/D complex many, many times. I have never been dissatisfied with the upkeep, or really anything, at the resorts. Tripadvisor, and other review sites, will generally extoll the worst.

I think one indication of the high quality of the resorts is the repeat conventions that come year after year. Trust me, if there were general issues with those resorts, or any resorts, large companies and institutions are not going to be repeat customers. They are trying to impress their employees, their own customers (current and hopeful) and guests.

You'll be fine, enjoy your trips. Wish I was tagging along. :beach:

I concur with Patty and Hanna above. Now, I have not stayed there real recently, seems like so much going on in my life to squeeze in a WDW trip ( :sad: ) but I have stayed at the S/D complex many, many times. I have never been dissatisfied with the upkeep, or really anything, at the resorts. Tripadvisor, and other review sites, will generally extoll the worst.

I think one indication of the high quality of the resorts is the repeat conventions that come year after year. Trust me, if there were general issues with those resorts, or any resorts, large companies and institutions are not going to be repeat customers. They are trying to impress their employees, their own customers (current and hopeful) and guests.

Great point on conventions. At my work we always go to nice places!

I haven't stayed at the Dolphin for a year or so. I have an upcoming reservation on Dec. 11&12. All I can really say is it was fine last year, and I am absolutely looking forward to my stay next month. Tripadvisor has all kind of alarmist reviews about a lot of hotels. I don't pay attention to it anymore
I don’t really pay attention to negative reviews anymore. We saw horrible reviews for the all inclusive in Mexico we were staying at in September and it ended up being a wonderful time and we had 0 of the problems that people wrote reviews about. There will always be someone with bad luck or a bad attitude and they will take the time to write about it. I never write good reviews nor do most others so I’m sure for every bad review there are hundreds of people who have a fine time. I stayed at Dolphin last in February and it was lovely so I can’t imagine things went downhill so fast. Don’t fret!

Phew, thanks. Not panicking as much any more! Have only ever done Disney owned properties and was starting to worry I’d made a terrible mistake.

Phew, thanks. Not panicking as much any more! Have only ever done Disney owned properties and was starting to worry I’d made a terrible mistake.
I should have mentioned that I had a two day stay at the Swan at the end of October, and it was really good. I think you'll be fine, and end up loving it. Excellent food options and pool.

I think many see that corridor carpet as being faded or worn.... when it looked that way brand new. It has been a bit now since their last refurbishment, but we've always felt Dolphin was in very good shape.

I texted S/D/R and here is their answer. Always quick responses. I would, however, confirm that with the boat captain during your stay there. Everything at Disney is subject to change. And I did read on the Transportation Board here that the Skyliner would not be running after the party. So best to confirm, with the folks on the boats.

View attachment 811334
Here at the Swan now. Going to Jollywood Nights tomorrow night. FYI there are NO BOATS for transportation back to the Swan at the end of this event. Asked two different boat captains and spoke to the Swan Hotel manager and Concierge. There will be busses, but no specific info was known about exactly when and how they run. Hotel Director said we should use the bus to Yacht and Beach Club. Concierge said the hotels (swan/dolphin/reserve) will have chartered Mears buses. The personnel at the front desk insist there will be “boats for all special events“. Sadly, this isn’t accurate for Jollywood. It’s fair to say that the hotel hasn’t help clarify the bus situation to the staff or the guests (the hotel manager had to call someone to confirm that there would be buses). Hotel staff don’t know anything about the buses.

Sorry if I missed this already, but I'm getting conflicting information when I google. If we stay at the Dolphin do we get free parking at the theme parks? I'm wondering if we should drive there the morning of our checkout day so that it's easier to leave at park close?

Here at the Swan now. Going to Jollywood Nights tomorrow night. FYI there are NO BOATS for transportation back to the Swan at the end of this event. Asked two different boat captains and spoke to the Swan Hotel manager and Concierge. There will be busses, but no specific info was known about exactly when and how they run. Hotel Director said we should use the bus to Yacht and Beach Club. Concierge said the hotels (swan/dolphin/reserve) will have chartered Mears buses. The personnel at the front desk insist there will be “boats for all special events“. Sadly, this isn’t accurate for Jollywood. It’s fair to say that the hotel hasn’t help clarify the bus situation to the staff or the guests (the hotel manager had to call someone to confirm that there would be buses). Hotel staff don’t know anything about the buses.
That's lousy for two aspects. One, no boats. Two, conflicting answers to what should be a simple, yes/no answer.

Oh, and enjoy your stay, and Jollywood tomorrow. Hope everything else there is going well.

Super excited to book the Dolphin for a quick trip to WDW for Christmas. I booked last night, thanks to some great rates with points. I've never stayed at Dolphin but I've been wanting to stay at the BW so I'm bursting at the seams. I immediately ran to the disboards to read up on the Swolphin. I read the last 20 pages and I think I'm pretty caught up on the latest and greatest. I love the Disboards!!

We will be there Friday and Saturday, December 22 & 23. We know there will be a gazillion people there and we will not be able to do everything but since we will be in Jacksonville, FL for the holidays and we have our 9 yr old niece with us, who has never been to WDW we have to take her to WDW so she can get a glimpse of WDW. At least, that's what I told my DH and it worked. LOL!

We plan to leave Jacksonville Friday, Dec. 22 around 5AM and head to Orlando. That will put us at WDW around 7:30/8 AM. We want to rope drop MK, Friday, Dec. 22. I know it's a party that evening so hoping for a million people instead of a gazillion, LOL. Would you go directly to TTC and park for your MK day or would you go ahead and park at the Dolphin and catch the YC and/or BW bus to get to MK? When they kick us out of MK we'll probably park hop to Epcot. This is the main reason we're thinking about parking at Dolphin and riding bus to MK that morning, so afterwards we can use the monorail to TTC and then on to Epcot via monorail. Let me know your thoughts. I'm thinking traffic is going to be stupid crazy and I would rather be on a monorail than driving. But I might be missing something so share your experiences. Thank you.

Can someone who has stayed at the dolphin recently talk me off the ledge? I was so excited to stay at the dolphin next weekend but looked at recent tripadvisor reviews and they are pretty brutal—some saying it is filthy and run down with comparisons to motel six. I have until tomorrow end of day tomorrow to cancel and switch to another hotel. I don’t care if it is dated decor but I do want a clean room and a decent pool.
I’m here for my first stay ever at the Dolphin and my room is immaculate. No mustiness, dirt, or any signs of lack of upkeep anywhere around the resort. I’ve been so impressed, honestly!

Would you go directly to TTC and park for your MK day or would you go ahead and park at the Dolphin and catch the YC and/or BW bus to get to MK? When they kick us out of MK we'll probably park hop to Epcot. This is the main reason we're thinking about parking at Dolphin and riding bus to MK that morning, so afterwards we can use the monorail to TTC and then on to Epcot via monorail.
Just double check the closing hours the day of, but avoiding driving during peak times is a good plan. We've done exactly what you did, but in our case we bailed out on MK due to how crowded it got, and Epcot was more sane.

When they kick us out of MK we'll probably park hop to Epcot.
I'm confused. Why would they kick you out of the Magic Kingdom? Once you're in, you're in, even if they stop letting additional people enter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter