Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Just booked dolphin for week of Christmas! I saved 2200$ as opposed to booked yacht or beach club WITH a bb offer from Disney
We did this at SR last Christmas. We booked Christmas week like 10 months prior and got a great rate! It is totally doable. We just walked over to Yacht Club/Beach Club when we needed our Disney resort fix! I highly recommend using rideshare (minnie van even for MK) for MK and AK. We waited at SR Christmas week for a long time in the rain. The only reason we didn't walk to the Boardwalk for their bus to MK was the rain, but lesson learned. I probably would never use S/D/SR buses for theme parks BUT the fact we could stay the holiday week without being priced out was amazing! Enjoy the planning.

Today's email.....

Disney Vacation Savings Offer

Take advantage of a great room rate and a special Disney theme park ticket offer​

Book your next stay now through August 31, 2024 and receive up to 25% off rates at time of booking. See below for a very special ticket offer from Disney to make your vacation even more magical!
With a special room rate and discounted Disney theme park tickets, you can double your savings! For Reservations: Contact us at 1-888-828-8850 and ask for promotional code SPRING or when booking online, make sure Promotional Code LPR appears in the Corporate/Promo code box. Disney tickets must be booked online via the MyDisney Experience App or by clicking here.

Savings are based on prevailing rates at time of booking.​

• Terms and Conditions:

• Offer valid until August 31, 2024. Rates are based on availability at time of booking. Offer subject to availability and certain black-out dates. Other restrictions may apply. Contact us for complete offer details.

Special Disney Ticket Offer

3-Day, 3-Park Ticket
Special 3-Day, 3-Park Ticket to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, EPCOT and Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park Only

Enjoy fun adventures and thrilling moments with a specially priced 3-Day, 3-Park Ticket that’s valid for admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, EPCOT and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park only—starting from US $89 per day, plus tax (total price starting from $267, plus tax). Tickets are valid for admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, EPCOT, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park only. Tickets are not valid for admission to Magic Kingdom park.
Limit one admission per theme park, one theme park per day—for a total of 3 admissions, on 3 separate days. Not valid for admission to Magic Kingdom park.

4-Day, 4-Park Magic Ticket
4-Day, 4-Park Magic Ticket from $99 Per Day, Plus Tax (Total Price from $396, Plus Tax)

Experience 4 days of magic and thrills across the Walt Disney World theme parks when you purchase a specially priced 4-Park Magic Ticket starting from US$ 99 per day, plus tax (total price starting from US $396, plus tax).
The 4-Park Magic Ticket includes one admission to each of the 4 Walt Disney World theme parks—Magic Kingdom park, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, EPCOT and Disney’s Hollywood Studios—for a total of 4 admissions, on 4 separate days.

Limit one admission per theme park, one theme park per day.

Check Out Our Other Special Offers

Our guests can save money by taking advantage of one of our Walt Disney World special offers. Teachers, Nurses, First Responders, AAA/CAA Members, and MORE! Please look through our Disney vacation specials below to find the one that best fits your family’s needs.​

• Terms and Conditions:
  • *Offer is valid at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin. Discounted rates are per room, per night, based on single/double occupancy and subject to availability at time of booking.A limited number of rooms may be available at these rates and additional restrictions and blackout dates apply. Offer is for individual leisure travel and not valid for guests staying on a negotiated group rate. The hotel reserves the right to correct any errors made by guest on canceling the higher rated room. Basic room rates do not include additional per room per night charges that may be imposed or state/local taxes. The Resort Service Package is charged per room, per night. Marriott reserves the right to discontinue this offer at any time. Void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply. Contact us for complete offer details

We used Minnie last year and it does not take you to the TTC.
I think Lewis meant that regular Lyft drops off at the TTC the way Uber does. PP might have been a bit confused because Minnie Vans are booked through the regular Lyft app despite being a premium offering from Disney; I've seen that from time to time, people thinking that Lyft's partnership with Disney confers benefits on property with regular, non-MV Lyfts.

Fun fact though: certain Lyft promos do work on MV rides.

Using the Lyft app to summon Minnie doesn't change the difference in how Minne and regular Lyft are given access in WDW.
MinnieVans have access to Disney areas that regular Lyft drivers can not access. It has nothing to do with the Lyft App to request a MV vs a regular Lyft.

For example, MV can use the resort bus loop right in front of the MK to pickup and drop passengers right at the curb at the sidewalk vs using the TTC drop off location for MK transfers.

MV also have special access at HS and Epcot as well as at all Disney Resorts and finally the Swan & Dolphin were added to the list of pickup points. And don't get me started on special access at Ft. Wilderness.

Dave

We did this at SR last Christmas. We booked Christmas week like 10 months prior and got a great rate! It is totally doable. We just walked over to Yacht Club/Beach Club when we needed our Disney resort fix! I highly recommend using rideshare (minnie van even for MK) for MK and AK. We waited at SR Christmas week for a long time in the rain. The only reason we didn't walk to the Boardwalk for their bus to MK was the rain, but lesson learned. I probably would never use S/D/SR buses for theme parks BUT the fact we could stay the holiday week without being priced out was amazing! Enjoy the planning.
We will have our car so we usually try to avoid Disney buses . Did they do any special Christmas activities on Christmas Eve? Our daughter is 9

I think Lewis meant that regular Lyft drops off at the TTC the way Uber does. PP might have been a bit confused because Minnie Vans are booked through the regular Lyft app despite being a premium offering from Disney; I've seen that from time to time, people thinking that Lyft's partnership with Disney confers benefits on property with regular, non-MV Lyfts.

I didn’t know that promos could be used for MV.

I didn’t know that promos could be used for MV.
Yep! Not always, but most of the time. Pink definitely works on them though, I have it through one of my Chase cards and it automatically takes off the 15%. If you have any ride credits on your account they can also be applied to MV rides. I tend to hang onto them for my trips if I can.

MinnieVans have access to Disney areas that regular Lyft drivers can not access. It has nothing to do with the Lyft App to request a MV vs a regular Lyft.

For example, MV can use the resort bus loop right in front of the MK to pickup and drop passengers right at the curb at the sidewalk vs using the TTC drop off location for MK transfers.

MV also have special access at HS and Epcot as well as at all Disney Resorts and finally the Swan & Dolphin were added to the list of pickup points. And don't get me started on special access at Ft. Wilderness.

Dave
That was my point. Posting in "shorthand" can be confusing. MY BAD.

Exactly.

We will have our car so we usually try to avoid Disney buses . Did they do any special Christmas activities on Christmas Eve? Our daughter is 9
We didn't arrive until December 26th, so I'm unsure what S/D/SR resorts offer on Christmas Eve. I'm sure someone else may chime in that has experience.

Yep! Not always, but most of the time. Pink definitely works on them though, I have it through one of my Chase cards and it automatically takes off the 15%. If you have any ride credits on your account they can also be applied to MV rides. I tend to hang onto them for my trips if I can.
Oh this is fabulous information. Thanks a bunch!

Just booked dolphin for week of Christmas! I saved 2200$ as opposed to booked yacht or beach club WITH a bb offer from Disney
Congrats! We were at Dolphin for Christmas 2023. We had an incredible time. You are going to love it. We used the BW buses every day for rope drop. It worked like a charm. We are now S/D converts if we stay on site and not stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We are kicking ourselves that it took us this long to stay at Dolphin.

Congrats! We were at Dolphin for Christmas 2023. We had an incredible time. You are going to love it. We used the BW buses every day for rope drop. It worked like a charm. We are now S/D converts if we stay on site and not stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek. We are kicking ourselves that it took us this long to stay at Dolphin.
Same! Once we learned they have amazing AP discounts pretty much year round , it was over . We stayed thanksgiving last year and our daughter actually requested it over a Disney resort!

Wondering about people's experiences with AK buses early in the morning. The Swan and Dolphin app says buses start 45 minutes before open whereas Disney buses say one hour and are often even earlier. I want to be at the front of the crowd for early entry at AK but would rather avoid the walk over to BW if it really isn't necessary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter