Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

question: I'm nitpicking the amenities listed on the Swan site, but, where is this "Sleep Well Lavender Balm"? Has anyone had this in their room? I want extra assurance to sleep well :rotfl:

Not a balm, but I have received a small roll on container of lavender oil at another Westin. It was nice.

How do you rebook at the lower rate? If it's within 60 days, do you lose your FP+ reservations or do you keep the same reservation #?

I just go through my confirmation email, it has a spot for change reservation. I don't know about FP 60 days, I don't book FPs that far in advance, I normally book them about a day in advance.

I'm secretly hoping for an upgrade on our 7 night stay booked with points... I did mention in the notes on my booking that our wedding is the morning after we check in :)

We recently stayed 1 night at the Swan and it was our first time to stay/visit either there or the Dolphin. I LOVED it. We had a king room and I paid $129+ resort fee and parking. Came in around $200, which was less than the POR reservation we were eyeing. I booked directly through their site at that price and thought it was a steal.

We loved the pool area and even used the locker rooms in the fitness center to shower before heading home on our checkout day. Everything was lovely, CM's were great, room was great. The bathrooms, especially, are very nice!

I'm currently stalking their site for another great rate - we tentatively have POFQ booked for $165 but I'd pay a bit more to have the Epcot location (we're going just for F&WF in a couple of weeks).

I just cost compared a room at CBR for Jan 24-Feb 3rd, 2018 (7 nights), 5 day Park Hoppers for $3069.69 ...The Costo travel deal for the Dolphin, same nights, same tickets was $3271.64 (Costco deal includes upgraded resort view room and resort fees). I'd say that's very comparable ...or an even better deal considering the amenities are more deluxe at the Swolphin. I do realize, that is a rack room rate at CBR, and price might decrease with a discount, but I think I would rather stay at the Swolphin because of the location and walkability to two parks.

I'm pretty sure if CBR was actually on the Epcot area walking path, and had access to the Friendship boat, that rack rate would be more. They call it "Epcot Area," but is it really???

When tipping for housekeeping at the Swan/Dolphin, is daily or weekly recommended? Amount? Thanks!

When tipping for housekeeping at the Swan/Dolphin, is daily or weekly recommended? Amount? Thanks!
Customary is daily, as housekeeping people can change during your stay. We do a dollar a day per person with a minimum of 3 or 4 dollars, maybe more. Last week there were four of us, 2 adults, 2 kids. I was leaving a total of $7 a day. And a few dollars more on our departure day.

Hi - I'm having a really hard time connecting my Swan reservation with MDE. I called Starwood last week to make sure that all of the names were listed on the reservation so they'd be recognized by MDE, but its still a mess. The confirmation number is bringing up 3 different reservations, 2 of which are completely incorrect (listed for same dates but in 2017!) and 1 which is on the right dates but the wrong number of people. Plus it wont let me link my 7yo daughter to her MDE account b/c it thinks she's 18+. ARGH!

I know others have had similar struggles linking the two accounts. Who did you talk to - Starwood or Disney - and what did you say to help get it unstuck?! Any advice appreciated!

Hi - I'm having a really hard time connecting my Swan reservation with MDE. I called Starwood last week to make sure that all of the names were listed on the reservation so they'd be recognized by MDE, but its still a mess. The confirmation number is bringing up 3 different reservations, 2 of which are completely incorrect (listed for same dates but in 2017!) and 1 which is on the right dates but the wrong number of people. Plus it wont let me link my 7yo daughter to her MDE account b/c it thinks she's 18+. ARGH!

I know others have had similar struggles linking the two accounts. Who did you talk to - Starwood or Disney - and what did you say to help get it unstuck?! Any advice appreciated!

You need to speak with someone in Guest Services at the Swan. They will need to clear and add information then send it to Disney again. They always tell you it could take 24-48 hours for Disney to receive the update. I hope you have luck finding a good Guest Services Rep who is familiar with these glitches. When you find the right one, they can do it quickly. If not, you will have to keep trying until you get one who is willing to go the extra mile to get it fixed. Be sure you are calling directly to the resort Guest Services and not Starwood.

I have never had a problem with Swan reservations but we have had issues in the past with Dolphin reservations. Good luck!

You need to speak with someone in Guest Services at the Swan. They will need to clear and add information then send it to Disney again. They always tell you it could take 24-48 hours for Disney to receive the update. I hope you have luck finding a good Guest Services Rep who is familiar with these glitches. When you find the right one, they can do it quickly. If not, you will have to keep trying until you get one who is willing to go the extra mile to get it fixed. Be sure you are calling directly to the resort Guest Services and not Starwood.

I have never had a problem with Swan reservations but we have had issues in the past with Dolphin reservations. Good luck!

Thanks Tess! When I talked to Starwood the second time, I was thinking I needed someone who was familiar with the Disney connection, so calling the Swan itself makes a lot of sense. Thanks so much for the tip!! Crossing fingers and toes that it works out smoothly soon. :)

Hi,

I read somewhere that the Dolphin rooms were being refurbished. I was just wondering if anyone knows how far along in the process they are? Also if anyone knows if they may be done by the end of this year I would love to know that as well. Possible Disney vacation coming up for early next year and still deciding where to stay. Love the EPCOT resorts but they are soooo expensive. With the Marriott/Starwood merger i can now use points on Swan/Dolphin so I may try one of them for the first time. For some reason Dolphin is less points than Swan, not really sure why that is.

Hi,

I read somewhere that the Dolphin rooms were being refurbished. I was just wondering if anyone knows how far along in the process they are? Also if anyone knows if they may be done by the end of this year I would love to know that as well. Possible Disney vacation coming up for early next year and still deciding where to stay. Love the EPCOT resorts but they are soooo expensive. With the Marriott/Starwood merger i can now use points on Swan/Dolphin so I may try one of them for the first time. For some reason Dolphin is less points than Swan, not really sure why that is.

I believe if you read back through the last few pages (?) there was mention that while not all rooms were finished at this point; there are no "old" rooms currently being rented to guests. This must mean they are in the last section of room renovations and if you have a room booked you will receive a renovated room. I know that was the case when we were there in June and we were told as much when we booked.

The lobby area remains under construction and was to be done later this fall, if the signage is to be believed. I didn't find the renovations of the lobby to be a great annoyance or inconvenience. I am looking forward to see it completed!

I believe if you read back through the last few pages (?) there was mention that while not all rooms were finished at this point; there are no "old" rooms currently being rented to guests. This must mean they are in the last section of room renovations and if you have a room booked you will receive a renovated room. I know that was the case when we were there in June and we were told as much when we booked.

The lobby area remains under construction and was to be done later this fall, if the signage is to be believed. I didn't find the renovations of the lobby to be a great annoyance or inconvenience. I am looking forward to see it completed!

Nice, thank you so much for the info. I may just have to give it a try then, I have actually never stayed at Swan/Dolphin before as my daughter has always wanted the full "Disney Bubble" but now that she is getting a bit older (the ripe old age of 10, lol) i think it may be time to try a slightly toned down bubble at a much cheaper price.

Thanks again for the info.

Hi,

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-199#post-58086871

Hi,

The two-bed rooms at the Dolphin are double size, while the Swan's beds are queens. Otherwise, they are fairly comparable.

As you may be aware, since this is not a Disney-owned property, there is no Magical Express available, nor resort airline check-in/bag drop. It's still the same great EPCOT area, with FriendShip boat transportation to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios (also within walking distance), as well as being no more than a 10 minute walk to the Boardwalk.

The two-bed rooms at the Dolphin are double size, while the Swan's beds are queens. Otherwise, they are fairly comparable.

As you may be aware, since this is not a Disney-owned property, there is no Magical Express available, nor resort airline check-in/bag drop. It's still the same great EPCOT area, with FriendShip boat transportation to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios (also within walking distance), as well as being no more than a 10 minute walk to the Boardwalk.

Yeah, I will miss the airline check in most of all i think. Magic express also nice as cab fare from airport to hotels is pretty high if i remember correctly. Don't know why more hotels don't do it, it is a great selling point if you ask me. It really is a tough call between location which Swan/Dolphin wins hands down or going to a Disney moderate where you get those perks but at a lesser location. Best of both worlds at Delux EPCOT area Disney but those are too expensive for this trip.

while not all rooms were finished at this point; there are no "old" rooms currently being rented to guests
That is correct, Tess. I did talk to a room scheduler when I was recently there. No unrenovated rooms will be placed in service. And all rooms, along with the lobby, will be complete by mid-September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter