Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

I discovered the path by the bus stop that leads to the pool. This made our walk to room from.pool much faster (go through Fuel to get to bus stop and path).
I know where the walkway is from the bus stop to the pool area, but where are you coming from?

I have a question about the spg app. I downloaded it but it does not show my upcoming Dolphin stay. Is that because I booked through Costco Travel?

RachelTori's reply is perfect. But I will add that if you contact S/D they can link your stay so it shows up, but as mentioned you don't earn points (which is a bummer) and you don't earn days towards your achievements. This bothered me more then the points. I don't see why you don't earn either, fact is S/D is getting paid just how they get paid. I completely understand if it were Priceline, but not Costco.

I don't see why you don't earn either, fact is S/D is getting paid just how they get paid. I completely understand if it were Priceline, but not Costco.

Hotels pay a commission or offer negotiated rates to travel agencies and resellers, such as Costco. When customers book directly with hotels or their corporate channel, that value instead can be passed on to the guest in the form of loyalty points or stay credits toward elite status.

RachelTori's reply is perfect. But I will add that if you contact S/D they can link your stay so it shows up, but as mentioned you don't earn points (which is a bummer) and you don't earn days towards your achievements. This bothered me more then the points. I don't see why you don't earn either, fact is S/D is getting paid just how they get paid. I completely understand if it were Priceline, but not Costco.
Just adding my two cents as well. You could always use a Chase Sapphire card to book the Costco package.
Hotels pay a commission or offer negotiated rates to travel agencies and resellers, such as Costco. When customers book directly with hotels or their corporate channel, that value instead can be passed on to the guest in the form of loyalty points or stay credits toward elite status.
You could always book using a different travel points credit card, like the Chase Sapphire cards, that do give you 2-3x points for travel when booked with Costco, Expedia, etc. Then transfer the points into your SPG account if you want the Starwood points. Might be a way to get a great deal and still earn the points you’d like.

There's a deal on Priceline hotels for the d/s. It's under express deals.
Yes, always worth a look, and it’s pretty easy to spot with the distinctive resort and parking fees. My problem is being a family of 5... I think it would be too risky to count on being allowed to use the Dolphin’s room occupancy of 5.

There's a deal on Priceline hotels for the d/s. It's under express deals.
Holy balls.
If we ever meet, I'm buying you a Dole Whip.

The dates I'm eyeing are QUICKLY filling up. I just noticed that I can't book a 6 day, but only a 5 day, and SWAN is now fully booked, so only Dolphin. Just looked at the express deals, and I can maybe do the extra 1 night that I want for CHEEP! I was thinking I'd have to book the 5 nights, and then grab a 230+resort free 1 night at S/d OR just book a 1 night at some cheap motel-ish place for the first night.

We just got back from a stay at the Swan. This is our fourth stay there. The location can't be beat - I love the easy access to HS and Epcot. We were on the third floor, king room with maybe a resort view? We were right above what seemed like a wedding area, near the channel leading to HS. Our room had a walk in shower - nice shower but only one tiny shelf and nothing to prop my foot on when shaving my legs, which I found very uncomfortable and inconvenient. Our room did NOT have a second vanity outside of the bathroom. The bed was incredibly comfortable. Maid service was spotty. We were missed one day, and twice didn't get coffee cups and decaf coffee. We got the AAA discount at the Cabana but not at the bar by the lap pool next to the Swan. We used Uber/Lyft a few times and both worked great - and very inexpensive. The lobby of the hotel was freezing! It is kind of a bummer to have the hotel taken over by conventioneers, but really only at night when you want to try to have a quiet drink at a bar. Overall, still love the Swan.

I'm trying to hone it down. I am assuming it's "bonnet creek area" and the "Mandatory Fee" is 31.50. Just an assumption. I don't see any parking fees on any that I've looked at yet.
$31.50 is correct if the pre-tax amount is $28.

The other similar one that gets listed in the same area is the Wyndham Grand Orlando. In fact, someone on another thread recently reported they got the Wyndham when they thought they had grabbed the Swan or Dolphin.

I'm trying to hone it down. I am assuming it's "bonnet creek area" and the "Mandatory Fee" is 31.50. Just an assumption. I don't see any parking fees on any that I've looked at yet.

$31.50 is correct if the pre-tax amount is $28.

The other similar one that gets listed in the same area is the Wyndham Grand Orlando. In fact, someone on another thread recently reported they got the Wyndham when they thought they had grabbed the Swan or Dolphin.

The Wyndham Grand also usually shows that it is pet friendly, whereas S/D are not. Hope you get it narrowed down!

We are staying at the Dolphin for the first time in almost 10 years. We stayed at the Swan last summer and loved it. Just curious if anyone had a good location to request. We are booked on points so I’m assuming we will get the short end of the stick when it comes to view, by having a view of the resorts or pool would be awesome. I would also really really like a room with vanity/sink outside of the bathroom. However, our main priorities are clean and quiet. I’m a super light sleeper so def wouldn’t want to be anywhere near the elevator or anywhere loud. It will be myself, DH, and our kids ages 6 and 7. We plan on doing HS and MK mostly. We will prob swim a bunch during the day as well.

Any and all input is welcome!

We are staying at the Dolphin for the first time in almost 10 years. We stayed at the Swan last summer and loved it. Just curious if anyone had a good location to request. We are booked on points so I’m assuming we will get the short end of the stick when it comes to view, by having a view of the resorts or pool would be awesome. I would also really really like a room with vanity/sink outside of the bathroom. However, our main priorities are clean and quiet. I’m a super light sleeper so def wouldn’t want to be anywhere near the elevator or anywhere loud. It will be myself, DH, and our kids ages 6 and 7. We plan on doing HS and MK mostly. We will prob swim a bunch during the day as well.

Any and all input is welcome!
I just booked a room on points, but used extra points to secure resort view. I, too, am a light sleeper. I got room 7020 in Dolphin. It was nice in that it was far away from the elevator (almost end of the hall) but not good in that it had a connecting door to the room next to us, and on two different nights I was woken up by neighbors (again, it can depend on neighbors!). But moral of the story is make sure to request a room that does not have a connecting door. I could even hear our neighbor sneeze through it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter