Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We have both memberships as well. Will they apply points to both memberships at the end of your stay, or do you have to pick one or other other?

I'm not sure but I thought I read that you can switch points from one program to the other until they merge them.

I'm not sure but I thought I read that you can switch points from one program to the other until they merge them.
I just did that for a hotel stay for my daughter and grandsons. Transferred SPG points to Marriott points for a free Marriott stay.

anyone know if you pay to park with a handicap tag? or is it all the same? thanks

How many SPG points are received for a one-night stay at Dolphin? We have a room with 2 double beds, resort view with balcony. Thanks

How many SPG points are received for a one-night stay at Dolphin? We have a room with 2 double beds, resort view with balcony. Thanks

How many do you earn from the stay? 2 starpoints per $ spent. If you booked directly through the hotel or spg, room rate counts in the calculation. Food and beverage spend counts, too. If spg gold or platinum, there's an elite bonus as well.

If you booked thorugh SPG and you know your room rate the info below will help. Pretty sure this does not include taxes.
From SPG website: Members at the Preferred Guest® level earn two Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent at over 1,500 participating hotels or resorts booked through Starwood Web sites, hotels, call centers and their travel agent or corporate booking tool. Gold Preferred Guest® and Platinum Preferred Guest® members earn three Starpoints for every eligible U.S. dollar spent under the same booking criteria. Even without a stay, all members may earn Starpoints for eligible spend on food and beverage at participating hotels or resorts.

Has anyone done the seafood buffet at Garden Grove recently? Just wondering about the quality of the seafood. I'd love to do it the night we arrive (a Saturday) but not if the quality is only so-so (I'd pick one of the other resort restaurants instead). I realize they have non-seafood items too but I'd love me some lobster! :)

Has anyone done the seafood buffet at Garden Grove recently? Just wondering about the quality of the seafood. I'd love to do it the night we arrive (a Saturday) but not if the quality is only so-so (I'd pick one of the other resort restaurants instead). I realize they have non-seafood items too but I'd love me some lobster! :)
Not recent (last February), but here is what was on it February, 2017. Lst time I had it was in 2014. Excellent then.

http://allears.net/dining/menu/garden-grove-cafe/dinner

Here is yet another update regarding my quest to book a room category at Dolphin that qualifies for Club Level status in order to have the opportunity to purchase extra FPs.

So hubby was not a fan of the four of us all being in one room, even if it was a Premium Studio b/c there wasn't true separation from us and the kids. He liked the idea of two connecting standard rooms. I called Dolphin again today while being snowed in, and after a 45 minute conversation and going back and forth with Starwood, I think I found a happy medium.

Both rooms are still booked on points - one standard double room and one King Alcove Room - these are connecting. There was an upcharge fee of $90/night. I was hesitant with this, but once I realized that we would only be charged one daily resort fee, then about $60 total per night for the upcharge sounded better. So, I made the switch. Now, since we have the King Alcove Studio booked, we now qualify for Disney Signature Services. However, I am still waiting on the actual phone number and confirmation that we do indeed can take advantage of this opportunity. I will let you know when I find out for sure. Fingers crossed!

I wanted to ask you if the Premium Studio is the Dolphin's "Alcove" and considered CL? I want to say it is, from your posts, but I don't want to assume. :) There were so many room types, I felt slightly confused. :upsidedow
TIA!

I wanted to ask you if the Premium Studio is the Dolphin's "Alcove" and considered CL? I want to say it is, from your posts, but I don't want to assume. :) There were so many room types, I felt slightly confused. :upsidedow
TIA!
The Premium Studio should be considered CL. Under Dolphin's category of Family Rooms (which are considered CL), there are two types - Deluxe Alcoves and Premium Studios. Premium Studios are much larger than Deluxe Alcoves.

Ate there in the fall in 2016 and 2017. The stuffed lobster and fried seafood basket were excellent both meals.

The crab legs were outstanding in 2016, but disappointing in 2017. I’m not sure where they went wrong—improper storage or cooking—but it was really hard to get the meat out of the shells and when you did, it crumbled into shreds.

Hopefully, that is something which doesn’t happen frequently. They were to-die-for the previous and far better quality than the crab legs at Cape May Cafe earlier that week.

That said, there are plenty of items to choose from and the price with the AAA discount is only about $30 per head. You don’t need an ADR, and the characters are adorable. My baby great nieces loved them. :)

Does anyone know how to use spg points for one of the rooms that would qualify for the CL FP+? It looks like you have to call to reserve those rooms. Can you use spg points when on the phone?

Could you please give me your opinion on our upcoming 7 night stay. We currently have a Grand Suite (no balcony) booked at the Swan for our family (2 adults, one child, one teenager, and one 3 year old so we need separate sleeping spaces). If we switch to a Premium Studio with an adjoining guest room at the Dolphin we will save approximately $50/night. Is there a downside to doing this? It's difficult to see what the Premium Studios look like online. We plan on purchasing the 90 day Fast Passes. Thank you in advance!

Could you please give me your opinion on our upcoming 7 night stay. We currently have a Grand Suite (no balcony) booked at the Swan for our family (2 adults, one child, one teenager, and one 3 year old so we need separate sleeping spaces). If we switch to a Premium Studio with an adjoining guest room at the Dolphin we will save approximately $50/night. Is there a downside to doing this? It's difficult to see what the Premium Studios look like online. We plan on purchasing the 90 day Fast Passes. Thank you in advance!

I posted some pics of a king premium studio on page 272.

I have a question about swan paddle boat rental that the resort fee gives you- how long do you get as part of resort fee and how many people fit on a swan?

I have a question about swan paddle boat rental that the resort fee gives you- how long do you get as part of resort fee and how many people fit on a swan?
The number of 30 minute rides is supposedly "unlimited." They operate from 11 AM - 6 PM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter