Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Heard from some other reports that pools at the Swan/Dolphin have been insanely crowded over the past few weeks...anyone here have any recent experience with crowd levels at the pools?

And if what you say is true about MK stopping people at TTC - then we're out anyway because we always drive.
That's just my speculation of how they might manage it, no idea if they will do that or what they might do. If they don't then it seems rather pointless as you pointed out, there is no way they can stop people at the turnstiles, that would just create even more of a mess.

Do check with app for park hopping, depending on when you go they very will could fill up. So stay tuned - this is one thing I hope they change soon.
So far this has not been an issue since limited hours Park Hopping (PH) returned to the world on Jan. 1 2021. The 2 PM start time for a second park entry does still require a Park Hopper ticket add-on and again you must have already entered the park where you had a Disney Park Pass reservation to allow for park hopping.

When you leave your initial park there are CMs with iPads located by the transportation options to assist you if you have questions about park capacity at your second or subsequent park for the same day.

You also have the option to call the automated Capacity Hotline. All you need to do is call (407) 560-5000, and you will instantly be connected with the respective automated response.

Note: MDE does not currently show the individual park capacity limits at this time.

Dave

Yes Dave, I was going post that; I see on the pinned PH thread in the Park strategy section that even during a seven day stretch with all 4 parks at reservation capacity, they allowed PH each day; good to know

Re discounts -
we're going in July and I asked about EVERY discount we qualified for (and there were several - teacher, senior, AAA) and was told they are all the same.

I made the reservation last year before the 2021 room rates were set.

I called last week and got $100 a night off with the new rates. (Last year I was told to call back in March).

Understand we have what's called an Alcove Suite with King room at the Dolphin; that is , two rooms (one with 2 doubles and one with King; in 2018 we had two of those (opposite end of the floors - the rooms didn't literally connect but there was a door perpendicular to where the room doors are that close to create a small hall or foyer. With a room each on opposite sides, we had views all over; it was great.

The charge for the two room combo now is 476 per night plus tax and resort fee that makes it a bit less than double. (just kidding) ; that's precisely what we paid in 2018 so we're satisfied.

That's still steep compared to what I recall paying at the Swan many years ago (less than $200 or room) but this gives us a lot of space and great views.

EDIT:
Plus I understand that qualified for "club level" even though there are no added perks for that right now with no fast passes yet.

My concern is that they will hold traffic up at TTC and only actual Disney Resort guests via bus & boats will get in early and S/D will get cut out... at least until they get back to using WDW transportation.
It is not going to be an issue as more non Disney resorts than just the S&D will be using the 30 minute Early Theme park entry once it begins later this year for every park every day.

In the past "Early entry" was based on your resort and was initially controlled at the front of the MK at the tapstiles.

In the case of S&D you just needed your resort key or to have your reservation linked in MDE when scanned. As the 2 hour entry progressed all guests were allowed into the park but rides were limited to only on-site guests, S&D and authorized "select" resorts.

There will not be a delay at the TTC or at the MK parking gates.

Dave

Regarding rates - I also found out we got a $50 credit for food/beverage (total - NOT per night) as a Bonvoy member because of our length of stay. Can't recall what the number of nights needed to be.

Heard from some other reports that pools at the Swan/Dolphin have been insanely crowded over the past few weeks...anyone here have any recent experience with crowd levels at the pools?
They are busy that is certainly for sure. Thursday was very busy since the weather was nice however, the rest of the week wasn't so bad since it was quite chilly to be in the pool.

I booked the Swan through Priceline for next month. Is there a way to link the reservation to my Bonvoy account? The main purpose would be to receive any potential upgrades or perks for checking in as a member.

I am sad to hear you had a bad experience. I agree the bus transportation must get better. I also got an "upgrade" but it was only a view upgrade so nothing too crazy to report there.

Did you request any additional room service? I have read reports of folks asking for service and housekeeping came by like normal. I also asked for extra shampoo and towels and that worked out well.

I still think for the price and location, the Swan/Dolphin will continue to be my resort of choice.
what was your bonvoy level to get an upgrade? I am gold, not expecting an upgrade but one can hope!

I booked the Swan through Priceline for next month. Is there a way to link the reservation to my Bonvoy account? The main purpose would be to receive any potential upgrades or perks for checking in as a member.

Hope the info below helps you can't do much before hand but when you check in it never hurts. I did earn nights when we stayed through Costco and our TA booked us a rate another Mariott property - rate was well below even Priceline and I did get night credit just not points.

How Can I See All The Reservations I Have Booked?
Reservations booked through a Third-Party (e.g. Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline etc.) will not show under your Upcoming Reservations

Book Here, Benefit Now
EARN FREE NIGHTS
Members may earn and redeem points, subject to the terms and conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy Program. Rooms booked through third party online retailers, such as Expedia.com, Orbitz.com, Travelocity.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, etc. are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit. Wholesale packages and series tours are not eligible for Points or Elite night credit regardless of booking source.

Has anyone had problems linking their reservations through MDE? I booked the Swan Reserve for December (so plenty of time still) but it has been over a week and the reservation won't link up.

Has anyone had problems linking their reservations through MDE? I booked the Swan Reserve for December (so plenty of time still) but it has been over a week and the reservation won't link up.
I could be that since the hotel hasn't opened things are not yet linking up. Have you checked out the Having trouble linking to My Disney Experience? page? If that doesn't help you might call S/D ask for In-House Reservations and ask them.

I was looking back at the thread from 2019, and see a lot of discussion about "room requests". Is that still happening?
Not advanced requests at least, not much discussion. I don't think they are monitoring the previous page used for that.

EDIT: I am so sorry , I misread and only saw "Swan" and not "Reserve". Please disregard.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter