Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Stayed for 3 days at Swan about a week and a half ago as part of split stay at Disney resorts. I’m a Platinum. Booked AP rate.

Luggage transfers: I used the luggage transfer services. Dropped at Pop bell services, bags were at Swan when I requested them around 4 or 5pm. Sent them from Swan to WL. Bags were available at WL when I asked but I don’t recall the time I asked. Swan didn’t have Disney luggage transfer tags but used one of their tags so we could have a number for the bags.

Plat Benefit: $20 to use at Garden Grove or Java. I did Garden Grove one day, we had a relaxed morning and it was ok. Java one morning. Long lines there every morning, there was a major cheer competition. Java one afternoon for various snacks. Used 3 of my SNAs to go from a standard view to a resort view balcony room. Had a view of Reserve, corner windows added some nice light.

The Good: I was offered daily housekeeping when I checked in, alas no idea if they would have actually done it as I ended up in a new room each night of my 3. My hotel bill charge triggered my Amex offer for $50 off $250 Marriott purchase.

The Bad: the rooms were in lousy shape, most noticeable in the bathroom. Cracked tile, flaking tubs, missing grout. The lower the floor the worse the condition of the room. Went from 5 to 7 to 9. By the time I hit 9 at least the tub didn’t have flaking 🙄

The Ugly: I had one reservation for a 3 night stay and stayed in a different room every night...

Room 1 we woke up to little black ants on the dresser and nightstand. Told my sis to pack up while I went downstairs to the front desk. They offered to spray and I told them I wanted a different room (I was not going to potentially have spray on our stuff and bed sheets), they gave me the room two floors up in the same spot. Things happen, we had a slow morning planned anyway so we rolled with it all, moved our stuff and after checking the new room went on about our day.

Room 2. Woke up the next morning, picked up my phone and had an ant fall on my face. Didn’t see any others decided it was a fluke and we went to the park. Late that night we had ants coming out of the corner of the bathroom, nightstand and tv stand. Was moved to another room, I said I didn’t care what the view was but I wanted an entirely different section of the building. Manager offered $150 credit for our issues. At one point I heard from a staffer I was one of a couple guests having ant issues but the issues had just started and they’d never heard of the hotel having these issues before.

Room 3. No ants. Slept and was grateful to leave that hotel behind.

Obviously I won’t be returning. This was my second Swan stay. My first one I had a different issue that caused a room change. I’m definitely not going to try a Round 3, I’m almost scared what would go wrong 🤣

If Swan Reserve reviews straighten out I will consider that property since it’s so much newer.

Does the Dolphin give slippers? A lot of Marriott properties give the simple white slippers for the room.

Gottalovepluto- I realize you may have had some bad luck, but you just made it REALLY easy for me to stop obsessing over checking on the Swan price during our short pre-cruise stay. Dolphin and Swan Reserve are both cheaper on our travel dates, and on some days, Swan Reserve is accepting a corporate discount code (through my husband‘s employer). Looks like we will, happily, walk extra steps from Swan Reserve than deal with possible ant issues and poorly maintained Swan bathrooms.

Thoughts on selecting the new Swan reserve over the original swan. I know the reserve is “across the street” from the others but is it a pain for using the Swan and dolphin pools and that accessibility? Buses?
What would be a reason to stick with the original sean over reserve.
**either resort we would book a 2 queen room

What level of house keeping is on property now? Can we request daily if we want our beds done, room cleaned, etc?
We were told there was no house keeping service but that you can text 24hrs for any needs you might have (extra towels etc). That was 2 weeks ago.

Did you have any issues with MDE during your stay? Some people were reporting inability to get 7am ILL when Genie + was first introduced, and their reservations dropping off entirely. Has that been fixed?

We are booked at YC but toying with the idea of switching to the Swan to save $$$.

We were at Dolphin 3 nights Feb 7-10. On the 3rd night, a Wednesday at MK (with the extended hours for deluxe resort guests), our reservation vanished from MDE and did not come up at any of the ride scan points. I pulled up my hotel app to show proof of reservation at each ride we entered, which the CMs allowed.

We were at Dolphin 3 nights Feb 7-10. On the 3rd night, a Wednesday at MK (with the extended hours for deluxe resort guests), our reservation vanished from MDE and did not come up at any of the ride scan points. I pulled up my hotel app to show proof of reservation at each ride we entered, which the CMs allowed.
How was the stay? Recently the reviews have been not favorable for dolphin especially.

How was the stay? Recently the reviews have been not favorable for dolphin especially.

It was our first time there. At check in we were told there was no housekeeping, but our stay was only 3 nights so perhaps we would have received a different message if staying longer.

I personally found the bed uncomfortable (it was not a Heavenly bed from what I could tell; I took a photo of the mattress label and it was branded an "exclusive for Sheraton Beautyrest". Maybe the Heavenly beds are only at Swan after all, despite what the website says), and wasn't able to get anything resolved about that despite speaking with the front desk and calling their help line - I did not try the app nor did I try escalating to management, however.

We had a standard King room...the bathroom (shower/water closet area) was a bit cramped, and our view was just some inner rooftops, nothing scenic. That happens at any hotel, so it's not a knock, just our experience.

Otherwise, it was fine. The location was convenient. It was very conference heavy while we were there. We came back after MK closed (around 11:30/midnight) to some big business group in the lobby drinking and networking.

We will not likely stay there again, mainly because I was so unhappy with the bed. Maybe would try the Swan, if we can nab a good rate during non-peak.

Just my two cents. Many here love it, and there are hotels enough for what everyone likes. Maybe you would like it better, too. :)

Foe those who have stayed at the Swan recently, do the buses go directly to the MK? I think I recently read they drop off at the TTC. That is a deal breaker for me so I am looking for accurate info. Thanks!

Yes, I had not researched enough in advance and we were disappointed to be dropped off at TTC in the morning for MK.

Also, as previous poster said, the drop off/pickup point at Disney Springs is on the far far West side past the Cirque de Soleil parking lot.

Last edited:
It was our first time there. At check in we were told there was no housekeeping, but our stay was only 3 nights so perhaps we would have received a different message if staying longer.

I personally found the bed uncomfortable (it was not a Heavenly bed from what I could tell; I took a photo of the mattress label and it was branded an "exclusive for Sheraton Beautyrest". Maybe the Heavenly beds are only at Swan after all, despite what the website says), and wasn't able to get anything resolved about that despite speaking with the front desk and calling their help line - I did not try the app nor did I try escalating to management, however.

We had a standard King room...the bathroom (shower/water closet area) was a bit cramped, and our view was just some inner rooftops, nothing scenic. That happens at any hotel, so it's not a knock, just our experience.

Otherwise, it was fine. The location was convenient. It was very conference heavy while we were there. We came back after MK closed (around 11:30/midnight) to some big business group in the lobby drinking and networking.

We will not likely stay there again, mainly because I was so unhappy with the bed. Maybe would try the Swan, if we can nab a good rate during non-peak.

Just my two cents. Many here love it, and there are hotels enough for what everyone likes. Maybe you would like it better, too. :)
Thank you for the detailed response. I was starting to sway away from dolphin and lean towards swan or reserve. but a poster was commenting earlier about an ant issue. I don’t mind a non view or even small room but I do mind a dirty room, bugs and obvious stuff like that. So mostly that’s the feedback I been trying to get from recent guest. I know trip advisor reviews have to be take with a grain of salt but I trust the feedback in here.

Thank you for the detailed response. I was starting to sway away from dolphin and lean towards swan or reserve. but a poster was commenting earlier about an ant issue. I don’t mind a non view or even small room but I do mind a dirty room, bugs and obvious stuff like that. So mostly that’s the feedback I been trying to get from recent guest. I know trip advisor reviews have to be take with a grain of salt but I trust the feedback in here.

Our room was clean. The bathroom did have some signs of aging, but nothing egregious. We did have a glass shower stall, no tub - fine for us, since we prefer no tub, but a lot of folks probably wouldn't be happy about that.

Yes, I had not researched enough in advance and we were disappointed to be dropped off at TTC in the morning for MK.

Also, as previous poster said, the drop off/pickup point at Disney Springs is on the far far West side past the Cirque de Soleil parking lot.
Thank you. I just feel so unsure about this! We are holding two reservations - Swan and Pop - and just cannot decide. I enjoyed our previous Swan/Dolphin stays, oh how I love that pool. We could save $900 by staying at Pop. I am just so bummed about these weird drop off places, it wasn’t like that on our previous stay but it has been a few years.

Thank you. I just feel so unsure about this! We are holding two reservations - Swan and Pop - and just cannot decide. I enjoyed our previous Swan/Dolphin stays, oh how I love that pool. We could save $900 by staying at Pop. I am just so bummed about these weird drop off places, it wasn’t like that on our previous stay but it has been a few years.
Imo going to Disney springs and being dropped off on the west side was fine (didn't take a bus a Uber dropped us there). The issue I have is Disney busses taking forever to get to Disney springs at night. So even staying on property we will Uber or Lyft back which is the west or east side for pickup. So much faster and really not outta the way if you know where you are going.

Let's say you take a Disney bus and dropped off in the middle. You take a left to see the shops between that and cirque. Than you turn around and head back to the right for world of Disney and such.you are actually walking more due to backtracking. Yes it's nice to have the bus in the middle, but in the end it's not a big deal you will walk the same distance in the end.

Getting to and from DS via bus has never been efficient. That's why we end up never going to DS. Every 10 years we take a 1 1/2 hour bus ride and then say never again.
We used Uber this last trip and we will always use a ride share it was so much nicer

Walk to BWI for Disney buses. They don’t check if people are resort guests.

Getting to and from DS via bus has never been efficient. That's why we end up never going to DS. Every 10 years we take a 1 1/2 hour bus ride and then say never again.

Me too!!!

That bus ride always makes me feel motion sick. I always regret it.

If we want to avoid taking the dolphin Mears bus to the TTC - what’s the closest hotel to get to from dolphin for Magic kingdom - boardwalk or yacht and beach club?

how about for animal kkng?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter