Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

We have an AP voucher, so will have to get it activated before we can show an AP upon check-in. Can you go to your room if it's ready and show the pass when you get it? Never stayed at Swan before.

Also should I worry that they never charged me a deposit on my cc?

We have an AP voucher, so will have to get it activated before we can show an AP upon check-in. Can you go to your room if it's ready and show the pass when you get it? Never stayed at Swan before.

We booked nearly two weeks ago, and I still don't have a deposit charge, either. So, you're definitely not alone there. I have a confirmation number and my reservation is showing up on MDE, but it does make me a little nervous.

We booked nearly two weeks ago, and I still don't have a deposit charge, either. So, you're definitely not alone there. I have a confirmation number and my reservation is showing up on MDE, but it does make me a little nervous.
I booked about a month and a half ago via Disney. My credit card was charged a deposit, but I still am unable to get any written proof after several calls. My deposit was on my credit card almost immediately after I made the reservation.

They are very inconsistent on charging deposits. You may be charged right after you make the reservation, you may be charged a week or so before your stay, or maybe you won't be charged at all until you check out of the hotel at the end of your trip.

Anyone who can help me?! I’m looking to do a last minute trip staying at Dolphin 4/14-4/18. Marriott’s website says I can book 4/14-4-17 but not 4/18. Does anyone think I’d have better luck calling the hotel directly? Or should I just look to book elsewhere? Or I could also book the last night at the Swan? If it matters I’m a member of Marriott’s rewards program.

Print your email out for the AP and bring it with you. I have stayed there 3 or 4 times with AP rate and only been asked once.

Anyone who can help me?! I’m looking to do a last minute trip staying at Dolphin 4/14-4/18. Marriott’s website says I can book 4/14-4-17 but not 4/18. Does anyone think I’d have better luck calling the hotel directly? Or should I just look to book elsewhere? Or I could also book the last night at the Swan? If it matters I’m a member of Marriott’s rewards program.

Leverage that rewards membership. My wife has had success at non-Disney "booked" hotels.

Have you tried to book the 4/18 by itself?

Being a member will be zero help unless you are Platinum or higher. Some people don't mind switching rooms on vacation, while I absolutely loathe it. If I were in your shoes, i would look to book the Swan for the whole trip if possible.

Does anyone think I’d have better luck calling the hotel directly?
Yes, call Swan Dolphin direct; 407-934-4000 M-F normal business hours 8-5ish ask for In-House Reservations, if they are not available then ask the person if they are at the S/D or the Marriott call center if you get anyone local see if they can work any magic. You are deep into Spring Break time so it really could be sold out, but see if they have options.

Has anyone ever stayed in one of the Dolphin's double/double + sofa bed rooms? We are a party of 5 (2 parents, 2 tall teen. boys, and 1 small grandma)! Are there better rooms we can call and request that would sleep 5 better? We've never stayed at one of the SD resorts but would love to give it a try!

Sometimes the front desk will ask to see your AP, sometimes not. If they ask and you have a voucher, all you’ll have to do is go back sometime during your stay and show them after it’s activated. I expected to do that on our trip last Thanksgiving but they didn’t even ask about it.

Just got back last night from our week-long stay at the Dolphin. We had a great time. Very very busy.
We had added on a night at the beginning of our stay to make airline reservations work. When I had
added the night on, the same room category wasn't available so I had two reservations.
When we checked in, they were able to keep us in the same room for both reservations, which was a
king room with deluxe resort view.
We were in the east wing at the end of the hall with two balconies. It was a great room with wonderful views.
What was your room number? If you don’t remember, it should be listed on your folio. I booked the deluxe resort view with balcony and requested one of these rooms since it’s our anniversary. I’m hoping they come through with the request!

Just checked into the Swan and with the Costco Resort View room, our room overlooks the parking lot. Checked with the front desk and she said it was a resort view because Tower of Terror is in the distance. If you have your heart set on a nice view, be cautious because I thought we would have a much better view. And no balcony rooms were available either.

Attachments

• 92F97D9C-0687-439D-925B-2F07ED29A916.jpeg
    92F97D9C-0687-439D-925B-2F07ED29A916.jpeg
    59.1 KB · Views: 99
Just checked into the Swan and with the Costco Resort View room, our room overlooks the parking lot. Checked with the front desk and she said it was a resort view because Tower of Terror is in the distance. If you have your heart set on a nice view, be cautious because I thought we would have a much better view. And no balcony rooms were available either.

Bummer, I would have thought the resort view rooms would have been on the other side.
Enjoy your time there. It's not the worst view.

And speaking of transportation, the boats are not requiring masks at all, even though there are signs everywhere saying they do. The buses are strict on this fact, and the Disney buses we caught had a box of masks for those who forgot or lost theirs, but that wasn't the case for the S&D buses. I saw them turn people away, which is a bit mean. Having to trudge back to the hotel room or try and find a store to buy one from...

The S/D Mears buses were not enforcing masks at all when we rode last week. Coming back from MK at night and again the next day when we rode over around 1 pm, lots of people with no masks or down under their chins. The driver didn’t say anything.

Can’t speak to the Disney buses but there was also no enforcement of masks on the monorail.

The S/D Mears buses were not enforcing masks at all when we rode last week. Coming back from MK at night and again the next day when we rode over around 1 pm, lots of people with no masks or down under their chins. The driver didn’t say anything.

Can’t speak to the Disney buses but there was also no enforcement of masks on the monorail.
And the week before last the female S/D bus driver came over the speaker and told people to put their masks back on while on the bus back from AK. File it under YMMV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter