Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you! I did see this link, but there's nothing listed for August, and the reservation desk indicated that they have over THIRTY group bookings for Aug 14/15/16th listed (conferences, meetings, etc)! I was just looking for more information on when those blocks might be released, but I suspect I'll just have to keep checking.
If you click more events, it shows In.Sight trade show on your dates. I don’t see anything about the deadline for room reservations.

The refillable mugs that were at the Swan/Dolphin aren't available yet, right? Has anyone who has stayed at Swan/Dolphin been able to buy a refillable mug at Boardwalk, etc and have them work for their stay? I know it's like 10-14 days if you're staying at a Disney resort, but I didn't know if you're able to buy one there if you're "off-site". We're actually going to be touring resorts quite a bit this go around so it should be worth it, I think.

The refillable mugs that were at the Swan/Dolphin aren't available yet, right? Has anyone who has stayed at Swan/Dolphin been able to buy a refillable mug at Boardwalk, etc and have them work for their stay? I know it's like 10-14 days if you're staying at a Disney resort, but I didn't know if you're able to buy one there if you're "off-site". We're actually going to be touring resorts quite a bit this go around so it should be worth it, I think.
You can buy a mug and use it at the Disney resorts. They do not police the mugs. You can even order them with mobile order and pick the cup when you show up.

Does anyone know anything about Easter activities at Swan Dolphin? Egg hunts etc? We have been at Christmas and there has been a flyer of activities. Thanks!

MANY years ago they had an Easter egg hunt. They also sold baskets guests could buy to be delivered in-room. But that was a LONG time ago. Might be worth calling the hotel directly.
Also, if you want to eat breakfast at the hotel. expect it to be busy/booked.

You can buy a mug and use it at the Disney resorts. They do not police the mugs. You can even order them with mobile order and pick the cup when you show up.
Isn't there any kind of activation needed? I thought went they went to the IR code (I think that is what it is) that was now required. Apparently not.

Isn't there any kind of activation needed? I thought went they went to the IR code (I think that is what it is) that was now required. Apparently not.
There is a code but it gets put on the mug when you buy it. Honestly I dont know how it works because we swapped mugs once and they never activated it and it worked fine lol.

Hi, going back to the Swan after a 5 year hiatus April 19-26!! We cant wait!!! This will be a different trip as my kids are now adults and of drinking age. Can anyone tell me about Kimonos and the Karaoke? We will be 2 large families with kids 21+ and thought this would be fun to do after we get home from the parks. Thanks

Hi all, quick question to those who have stayed at both resorts. I am looking to book Swan or Dolphin for two nights in January. For a no-view room including fees, I can get the Swan for $776 or the Dolphin for $568. Given it's just two nights, is the Swan worth an extra $200? I'm guessing no, but wondering if anyone has stayed recently and has a strong opinion. TIA!

Hi all, quick question to those who have stayed at both resorts. I am looking to book Swan or Dolphin for two nights in January. For a no-view room including fees, I can get the Swan for $776 or the Dolphin for $568. Given it's just two nights, is the Swan worth an extra $200? I'm guessing no, but wondering if anyone has stayed recently and has a strong opinion. TIA!
I have strong opinions in favor of the Swan, but for 2 nights at that much difference, I would say no for me. That's a huge difference.

I have strong opinions in favor of the Swan, but for 2 nights at that much difference, I would say no for me. That's a huge difference.

Thanks! That is the vibe I am getting from just browsing reviews, but for such a short stay it seems like I can just deal with it for an extra $200!

I've booked three nights at the Dolphin for August to finish off a 9 day stay at WDW. We have three generations who all require their own bed, so the Dolphin with a rollaway was the most economical option of resorts in the Crescent Lake area. I'm very excited but a bit apprehensive after reading the most recent reviews. i'm expecting lower service levels across the board because I am well aware of how hard it has been during the pandemic (staffing, supply issues, etc), but some of the reviews refer to very late check ins, low levels of cleanliness, dirty sheets, and the one that makes me most nervous - moldy and wet carpets, as I tend to book rooms without carpet, due to allergies.

Any thoughts/comments etc on issues at the Dolphin? We start the vacation with six days at CBR, but as the smallest member of the group, I'll be on the 5th sleeper and am looking forward to switching to a double and sending my son to the rollaway! I do see light at the end of the tunnel, with international hirings returning and the Disney College program starting up again...

I read all the same/similar feedback before my stay last summer, and I was really worried about what to expect. It was totally fine when I got there. Room ready early, daily housekeeping on schedule, everything seemingly as it should be. I have stayed at Dolphin about once per year (thanks, Priceline Express Deals) and haven't experienced moldy carpets in any of the rooms to date, or really, any issues at all. So, just a note of reassurance that it may be just fine for you, too, during your stay.

Hi, going back to the Swan after a 5 year hiatus April 19-26!! We cant wait!!! This will be a different trip as my kids are now adults and of drinking age. Can anyone tell me about Kimonos and the Karaoke? We will be 2 large families with kids 21+ and thought this would be fun to do after we get home from the parks. Thanks
It's a great spot for your group. The karaoke is fun and lively and their food and drinks are great. I would make sure you plan an evening there.

If all things are equal, I agree with Dan and prefer the Swan, however, I tend to book whichever is less expensive.

Hi, i have another question....this is my first post covid trip anywhere....can you tell me about housekeeping and what to expect at the Swan in April? Do they still come everyday? Thanks!

I am reading articles online stating that the Swan/Dolphin cost about the same as a value or a moderate Disney resort. However, everytime I check Mariott, they are a lot more expensive than that, especially once the resort fees are added. Am I missing something?
Are these articles pre- or post- Covid?
S/D/(SR) rates are going up, from what I've been observing over the past couple years. My suspicion is they are trying to make up for lost convention revenue. (Or alternately, the conventions allowed them to have lower hotel rates to lure in vacationers.)

I also think one of the keys to S/D/SR is to be eligible for special rates. Those rates are where the savings are.

Might not have the screaming deals of the past, however, still generally going to be significantly cheaper than the least-expensive Disney Deluxe.

Just back from 6 nights at the Swan.

The location can't be beat. Walking to Epcot and HS is so nice. We walked to the Boardwalk for MK buses and never waited too long.

The only negative we had was housekeeping. I asked at check-in about cleaning and was told they would come every day. They came the first day and not again. I asked and was told on 2 separate times that they would make sure they came the next day but they never did. I would have been ok if we had known but to expect them each day and then show back up to the room not being cleaned was a disappointment,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter