Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

@jf256 the app or web are your best choices, the call could put you on hold for a couple of hours. There have been ongoing issues with booking ADRs for a couple years now, just the famous Disney IT Department at it's finest. Beyond just the web many report good results using Private or Incognito mode on a browser. Plus, to add some insult to injury there are times where not all the ADRs are released first thing. Depending on your group size sometimes adding 1 to it can help; party of 3 might have better luck as a party of 4.

@Nursemanit @happ @Best Aunt @Sandi @GoofyDad_4427
Never had an issue at SDR, but on a work trip I ran into this at another Marriott branded property and the result was a huge pain in my you know what. Normally, they want room #, last name and signature. But Covid brought a lot of changes that were not all best for security. In my case they had my last name and room #, but the signature didn't match. From what I found out was they probably looked at my folio the day before and tried the signature. They had a large group as it was an expensive breakfast. An employee that served me confirmed I ate either alone or with a couple others but always paid separate (work trip). Two things I learned, never leave the folio - take it to the counter or find an employee. I've also stopped charging to my room and use my CC. Easier to fight with the CC company then with a hotel.

@jf256 the app or web are your best choices, the call could put you on hold for a couple of hours. There have been ongoing issues with booking ADRs for a couple years now, just the famous Disney IT Department at it's finest. Beyond just the web many report good results using Private or Incognito mode on a browser. Plus, to add some insult to injury there are times where not all the ADRs are released first thing. Depending on your group size sometimes adding 1 to it can help; party of 3 might have better luck as a party of 4.
Thanks. Apologies if already answered but is Swan Reserve 60+10 normally?

@jf256 it's considered on-site so gets the same ADRs as Disney resorts. Plus you get access to the Early Entry and Even hours. A few just confirmed the ADR 60+ a couple pages back.

@Nursemanit @happ @Best Aunt @Sandi @GoofyDad_4427
[snip] I've also stopped charging to my room and use my CC. Easier to fight with the CC company then with a hotel.
Just wanted to note that there are Bonvoy points advantages for charging meals to the room. Regarding unauthorized room charges, that's something luckily we've never run into, but I agree it's important to review charges before checkout.

How long has it been since the rooms at the Swan were renovated? I recall staying one night at the swan before our Yacht Club stay in 2019 and feeling the rooms felt tired/showed obvious signs of age.

My wife seems to always get a blister day one...even if we try and prevent. It's kind of become a joke but a tradition. We'll probably try boat the night of the 10th of September as we don't get in until about 5:30pm and I would prefer traditional blister starts Sunday vs Saturday night :)
Try Wright socks they stopped them for me

How long has it been since the rooms at the Swan were renovated? I recall staying one night at the swan before our Yacht Club stay in 2019 and feeling the rooms felt tired/showed obvious signs of age.
I just checked out this morning. I was pretty happy with the quality but we splurged for a grand parlor reservation. (It also depends on which aspects of the decor, furniture, etc. you care about.)

Since all the king rooms sleep 3, are the sofa beds the twin sized pull outs, or are they a normal size pullout? I’m wondering if it would be big enough for an adult to sleep on. We’re booked at the Swan Reserve, but it looks like the king rooms at all 3 hotels sleep up to 3.

@stitchfan18 it's not the King that dictates the # allowed in the room its the square footage. This page will show you the various sizes, #'s and square footage. In the case of the Swan they have Double Queen, King or King with Sofa Bed the limit is 4, I think you can get a rollaway, but only in the King only rooms. From reports here previously the feedback about the sofa bed was pretty good, though one comment about them being small. Here is a search on 'sofa' that might help. FYI only the Dolphin can accommodate 5 due to the square footage.

Thanks! My husband & I stayed at a Marriott this summer with a twin sofa sleeper, which I didn’t even know was a thing! I’m trying to figure out the best way to sleep 3 adults in a standard room we can book with points.

@stitchfan18 I think I'd call in-house reservations 407-934-4000 M-F- 8-5 and see if you can book what you need through them. They can help you with the bed options and # of adults. A rollaway could be your best choice, but those might only be an option at the Dolphin and the plus to the Swan is the double sinks.

@stitchfan18 I think I'd call in-house reservations 407-934-4000 M-F- 8-5 and see if you can book what you need through them. They can help you with the bed options and # of adults. A rollaway could be your best choice, but those might only be an option at the Dolphin and the plus to the Swan is the double sinks.
Thanks! I will try to give them a call later, I just figured someone here might have an answer about what size the sofa sleepers were in the king rooms at the Swan Reserve. Is this the real in-house reservation number? I’ve tried calling several numbers in the past that were supposedly in-house reservations, but they always sent me to the Marriott call center.

Hi all. Im a DL vet but a WDW newbie. Ive only been to WDW once when I worked for Disney back in like 2008. before kids.
We are now planning on going for spring break in March and are thinking about staying at the dolphin.

Question - We really like to get rooms that have access to fresh air, like a window that opens a little or a balcony. Do you know if the regular rooms have windows that open? Or am I better off with a balcony room? Thank in advance!!!

I have a King resort view room at the Swan in February. Does that room category have a balconey?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter