Want to keep same room

MinnieMSue

DIS Veteran
ok I was able to save $500 on the incredible summer discount for my 15 night trip at Pop this summer. I had to split it into 3 separate reservations. I got standard room for each part of the stay so luckily the same resort category. What can I do to try to keep the same room the whole trip? Should I call someone to make it happen or tell them at checkin the first night?
Also, I am guessing that if we refuse housekeeping I will not get paid for 3 nights even though we hopefully won’t be turning the room over. (We will take some cleaning supplies for quick cleanups since staying so long)
Thank-you

Call and have them note on your reservation that you'd like to stay in the same room. I think you'll have a better chance of that happening if the room assigner is made aware before you get there.

Call Central Reservations and tell the agent that you have a continuing reservation and ask th have your 2 additional confirmation numbers noted in your initial check-in reservation. You should also stop by the front desk early in your stay to confirm that they have notes about your "Continuing reservations".

Dave

Keep in mind that no matter what you do, there is no guarantee you will stay in the same room. Do what you can, and keep your fingers crossed.

Call Central Reservations and tell the agent that you have a continuing reservation and ask th have your 2 additional confirmation numbers noted in your initial check-in reservation. You should also stop by the front desk early in your stay to confirm that they have notes about your "Continuing reservations".

Dave

On hold now while the reservations person is talking to guest services about doing this...
Luckily they were able to combine the last two parts of the trip into one! He put a note in about us having two contiguous stays so hopefully they can keep us in same room. No biggie if not.

You have done everything I would suggest already so your chances are good but I would be prepared to move just in case.

We have done this at least 4 times so far and only had to move rooms once. I would head to the front desk asap on the checkout/checkin day and do it in person so you can explain the to the CM you would like to stay in the same room. Its less work for housekeeping so in their best interest to let you stay but sometimes they are unable to accommodate you.

I had a two part booking, took both my MB boxes, checked in at front desk on arrival and before I could say a word the CM said to me "Oh you have two reservations, we are going to keep you in the same room." I doubt you'll have any issues, just make sure you go to the desk on arrival to talk to them in person as well.

You've done everything you can at this point. I would mention it again when you check in. Generally if they can find a way to not move you, it makes less work for staff and they are for it if at all possible.

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to the stay at Pop with the new rooms. Either way it should be a great trip. We will be prepared to move but hope we don’t have to. I appreciate all of your suggestions. The guest services person said they will see the two stays and also agreed it is in their best interest to keep me in same room too. She would have linked the whole trip but somehow the first part was coded differently (not a different Room category or anything) and they were unable to blend the entire trip. They were very accommodating

Our recent stay (March17-24) was also two reservations for which we had no issues keeping the same room, however we were locked out of our room at the end of the first reservation. Had to walk back all the way back to the front desk at 11:45 pm after returning from a late night at MK to get it straightened out. Apparently there two different systems- one for the paperwork and one for the magic bands. Not fun when your exhausted and all you want to do is go to bed! So be aware!

I had a three night package over the summer but the most realistic flight that I could get was coming in the night before, so I had to add a room onto my reservation for that night. I sent them an email ahead of time, called ahead of time, AND requested when I arrived and was able to stay in my room with no problem.

We did the above suggestions last August and were fortunate to stay in the same room. Not sure if it happened to others or not, but the morning of the second reservation we received a very early text that our room was ready. We had done online check in and the text came in really early. I still have the text and it shows that it came in at 4:27am.

We did the above suggestions last August and were fortunate to stay in the same room. Not sure if it happened to others or not, but the morning of the second reservation we received a very early text that our room was ready. We had done online check in and the text came in really early. I still have the text and it shows that it came in at 4:27am.

4:27! That’s crazy! Great to get the same room!

Our recent stay (March17-24) was also two reservations for which we had no issues keeping the same room, however we were locked out of our room at the end of the first reservation. Had to walk back all the way back to the front desk at 11:45 pm after returning from a late night at MK to get it straightened out. Apparently there two different systems- one for the paperwork and one for the magic bands. Not fun when your exhausted and all you want to do is go to bed! So be aware!

Thanks for the heads up to this possibility. I will make sure to stop in lobby and check to make sure it is all good before having to repeat your long trek!

Also, I am guessing that if we refuse housekeeping I will not get paid for 3 nights even though we hopefully won’t be turning the room over. (We will take some cleaning supplies for quick cleanups since staying so long)
Please, please, please, in consideration of both Housekeeping and future visitors, please get (and pay for) actual Housekeeping in the middle of your stay.

Please, please, please, in consideration of both Housekeeping and future visitors, please get (and pay for) actual Housekeeping in the middle of your stay.

Why? I have a mop for the floor and chlorox wipes for surfaces. Glass cleaner wipes for mirrors. I empty trash daily and pick up after myself. I will be changing my sheets a few times. From what I have heard thst is more than housekeeping often does. What would me having housekeeping do to help other guests?

We did everything mentioned for our two reservations. Everyone that we talked to assured us that it would not be a problem. It was noted by our Disney TA & faxed with my room request. When we checked in for the first night, I even asked about 3 times if we would have to switch. I wouldn't have minded if we did, I just didn't want to unpack & then have to move the next dat. We were assured 100% that we would be in the same room upon check-in. So I unpacked, organized and headed to MK the next day. Around lunch time, I got the text that our new room was ready. :( We went back to Sports and were told that indeed we had to move. They ended up giving us 6 extra fast passes per person. I thought that was very generous of them.

We did everything mentioned for our two reservations. Everyone that we talked to assured us that it would not be a problem. It was noted by our Disney TA & faxed with my room request. When we checked in for the first night, I even asked about 3 times if we would have to switch. I wouldn't have minded if we did, I just didn't want to unpack & then have to move the next dat. We were assured 100% that we would be in the same room upon check-in. So I unpacked, organized and headed to MK the next day. Around lunch time, I got the text that our new room was ready. :( We went back to Sports and were told that indeed we had to move. They ended up giving us 6 extra fast passes per person. I thought that was very generous of them.

Bummer but the fast pass compensation was nice. I have heard some reports over the years of people having to move. Hopefully we won’t but heck we will be in Disney and that beats Ohio any time! We are only two people so not that much luggage even for a long trip. Laundry will be happening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter