Wantilan Luau - worth it?

maui2k5

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at the Royal Pacific this March for 3 nights and are considering attending the Wantilan Luau. We have two girls ages 12/14 who are at times picky eaters and my wife has celiac so she has to eat Gluten Free. Being that it is $89 each and the considerations noted above, do you you all think it is worth the expense or would you spend the money in a different way?

Thanks!

We will be staying at the Royal Pacific this March for 3 nights and are considering attending the Wantilan Luau. We have two girls ages 12/14 who are at times picky eaters and my wife has celiac so she has to eat Gluten Free. Being that it is $89 each and the considerations noted above, do you you all think it is worth the expense or would you spend the money in a different way?

Thanks!
Never done it, never considered it. Have done a couple of luaus in Hawaii over the years and have enjoyed the food and entertainment there. (I know, not much help) Looked at Tripadvisor, there is only one review since it restarted after Covid. Open table reviews give it 3.9/5. I would look at the menu online and decide if the food will work for your family. It is a lot of money and if you are only staying for 3 nights maybe not the best use of your time? The kids might have as much fun at the pool for free.

I did do the Caribbean show/dinner at Sapphire Falls once years ago and enjoyed that. So hard to say, the luau could be fun.

I would like to know this as well. We have reservation for September. Hope that I get to go. OP how was your experience in March. I would love to know

I've been considering doing this on an upcoming solo trip - but always concerned about getting sat with the Brady Bunch at a shared table as I enjoy too many of the included Mia Tia's

The food sounds pretty good.

How are The Mia Tia's? I assume they are the fruit juice Hawaiian Hotel style from the 1970s and not the Trader Vic's 1940s style

We did it just before Covid and it was amazing. There are SO MANY food choices!!! Every picky eater and person with food sensitivities and allergies will leave as FULL AS THEY WANT TO BE. Call ahead and let them know you have a person with dietary restrictions and someone will assist you when you go through the line. It is quite expensive. BUT, it's not just food, it's a great show!

Yes. IT IS. Really great. Good Food choices. And really wonderful performers. Just a great show.

We were informed that the Mai-tais had alcohol and there was a discussion about how strong they were. Most of our group stated that they were strong.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter