Warning about AK kid's meal

JanaV

Mouseketeer
We're just back from a great week, but wanted to pass along a warning about the chicken fingers kid's meal at Pizzafari at AK. I ordered the kid's meal because I'm not a big eater. It was billed as chicken fingers, but in reality it was cold strips of grilled chicken like you would find on top of a salad at McDonalds. I ate it and it was fine, but I kept thinking that my son would FREAK if he ordered chicken fingers and got this!!

Hope it helps someone out there!! Sorry if it's been posted before.

We got the same type of chicken at Pecos Bills in MK. My 2 boys thought they were getting chicken fingers too. But after some explaining and taste testing they were both fine with what they received. At the end of lunch, they wound up asking for more!

Thank you Jana. I would have assumed the same thing as you . . . breaded, deep fried chicken strips. Thanks for the heads up. I definitely won't be ordering those. :sad2:

Ali

The grilled chicken strips is what you get in the kids meal at Columbia Harbour House in MK - after that meal my DS wanted unbreaded chicken the whole trip. I guess it just depends what they prefer.

Ang

Ang1e said:
The grilled chicken strips is what you get in the kids meal at Columbia Harbour House in MK - after that meal my DS wanted unbreaded chicken the whole trip. I guess it just depends what they prefer.

Ang

I actually had this kids meal last week at Columbia Harbour House...cold grilled chicken, cheese cubes, grapes, gold fish crackers and a drink...it was a GREAT meal if you ask me. I could see how some kids might be turned off by it...but it was REALLY GOOD...and a lot healthier then all the other fried stuff there.

stinkerbelle said:
I actually had this kids meal last week at Columbia Harbour House...cold grilled chicken, cheese cubes, grapes, gold fish crackers and a drink...it was a GREAT meal if you ask me. I could see how some kids might be turned off by it...but it was REALLY GOOD...and a lot healthier then all the other fried stuff there.

It's great that they are offering healthy options for children. I still appreciate the warning though.

Ali

stinkerbelle said:

Absolutely! This was DS's fave meal of the whole fortnight. I think they can get fed up of the standard kids' meals - either mac n cheese or breaded stuff.

Hippychickali said:
It's great that they are offering healthy options for children. I still appreciate the warning though.

Ali

I actually was warned when I ordered it...the CM at the register said "you know it's cold chicken, right?" and even on the menu it's description said "cold chicken".

They have it out at Tusker House for you to see. I too thought it was your standard breaded chicken fingers, and was glad to see they show it was the grilled strips. Not much food if you're hungry though (my one child is a big eater, the other goes in spurts.)
Sue Ellen

I warned my kids about this at Pecos Bill's, but they still ordered them and then didn't eat them. I tried them and will be getting them for myself on future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter