Warning when adding DDP to DVC ressie - UPDATED

Young Pooh

DIS Veteran
I recently rented out some points to another Diser and added the DDP in February.

They checked in yesterday and guess what, there was no mention of the DDP on the ressie and the resort refused to do anything about it. I have just spoken to MS to try to sort this out.

The first person I spoke to was very much "Computer say no!!!". She just kept saying there was no DDP on the ressie despite me explaining a number of times that I had called to add it - I even had the date and time of when I had called.

Eventually she passed me to a Supervisor who was brilliant. He accepted that it was not added but straight away called the resort and asked them to add it.

It pays to double check everything before you go especially if adding DDP as MS don't issue any confirmations for this.

Im thinking about adding DDP so thanks for the heads up :thumbsup2 Glad you got it sorted in the end :goodvibes

Does it not say on the written confirmation whether the Dining Plan has been added :confused3

Does it not say on the written confirmation whether the Dining Plan has been added :confused3

No, as the DDP is not a service provided by DVC there is nothing on the written confirmation you get from them.

It seems they just add it to the actual computer reservation.

I have also posted on the main DVC board and it seems that this is not a one off - I have had others say the exact same thing has happened to them recently. One found out at check in and then spent 2 hours trying to get MS to sort it out, another found out a week before when they called MS to check something else and the CM asked them if they wanted to add DDP - they thought they had at the time of booking.

I don't know if this is just something that has recently started to happen and may be linked to the changes in the reservation computer system - but lets hope it gets sorted soon. I will be putting something in writing to DVC so will let everyone know what the reply is.

Thanks for the heads up - we still haven't decided if we're gonna add the DDP or not for our next trip - but if we do, I'll know to double-check the ressie before we leave. :)

Thanks for the heads up then - we are not using the DDP this time but have considered it for the future so I will make sure and double check if we book it - thanks :)

Update:

I have just had a very nice lady called Sheila call me from DVC Member Communications who had received my email complaint.

She says that when anything is added to the reservation (DDP, DME etc) then a code is generated on the system showing what product has been added, the date and by whom. When DME is added it automatically generates a confirmation number for the member and adds a note onto the written confirmation. She is not aware of any reason why this cannot be done also for DDP and will look into this.

In the meantime she is going to see if they can manually add a note confirming DDP in the place where they put room requests etc.

She thinks that the problem with it not being added may have something to do with the recent system upgrades as all the cases I have been told about have occurred within the last month or so.

At least DVC seem to be taking this seriously and hopefully some action will be taken.

Update:

She thinks that the problem with it not being added may have something to do with the recent system upgrades as all the cases I have been told about have occurred within the last month or so.

Takeing disney computers from the cretacous to the jurasic period.a while before the into 21st century
Paulh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter