• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Was anyone at WDW Dec 17th - Dec 25th in the Year 1999?

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
<font face="times" size="+0">Okay, thanks to those of you who have provided feedback to me about the week before Christmas.

While it's encouraging that most people have seen that crowds before the 23rd of Dec are generally not too bad in recent years, I can't help but think that this year is a very different year because Christmas falls on a Saturday, and it looks like a lot of schools have the Holiday vacation starting on Saturday 12/18/04.

So, I was wondering if there happens to be anyone who went on a trip to WDW during the week before Christmas in 1999.
1999 was the last time we saw a Saturday Xmas, so I'm guessing that the school vacation schedules that year were probably similar to this year's vacation patterns.

If a lot of schools get out by 12/18, I'm just afraid that even though the past few years the crowds weren't that bad, this year will be all of a sudden insanely crowded!

So, if you were present at WDW around Christmas 1999, do you remember what day the crowds really got heavy? By "heavy" I mean like peak July-4th summertime crowds when the waits for rides are all 1hour or more.

TIA!</font>

I'm not sure about 1999 - hopefully someone else will know. However, where I am, schools do not get out until 12/21! Maybe others are in the same boat.

I know nothing about the crowds but just wanted to say, my sons school doesnt get out til the 23rd of December and they go back on January 3rd.

Originally posted by shelleyz
I know nothing about the crowds but just wanted to say, my sons school doesnt get out til the 23rd of December and they go back on January 3rd.

Same for us, but I am taking the kids out of school on the 17th to go to WDW. I wonder how many others will pull them out too?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter