Water Park Footwear

ashleyann31

Thankful for Phoenicians
Hi!
We are heading down in a few weeks and will be hitting up Blizzard Beach. I haven't been since I was maybe 10, and my husband has never been. What kind of shoes do you guys wear in the water parks? Water shoes? Flip flops and hold them on rides? I have Chacos, but you can't wear anything with a buckle, correct?
Thanks for any tips you can share! :)

I used to buy the water socks but honestly the last couple times I just wear really thin flip flops and then hold them on the slides.

I've used water shoes. You have to take them off on the big slides, but you just put them on your hands.
The concrete can be rough on the feet and in the summer very hot. Flip flops work as well.

Thanks! I did order some water shoes for my toddler. I refuse to play "Find the Flip Flop" with her all afternoon while we're there. :upsidedow May go ahead and get the rest of us some too.

I always wear water shoes at the water park. The concrete is too hot. I have a cute pair that look like Mary janes.

Sport sandals. I wear Chacos. I did not do the body slides ( knee issues) but everything else and I never had to take them off.

Water shoes, especially if going to Typhoon Lagoon, the wave pool floor is like sandpaper.

Water shoes, especially if going to Typhoon Lagoon, the wave pool floor is like sandpaper.

The TL wave pool floor is rough, but it's actually the same floor that's on most of the other attractions, including BB wave pool. It just gets noticed more at TL because the waves are huge, people have fun with them and wind up getting scrapes (I've got battle scars of my own).

As for shoes, no way. Can't stand any of them. We go barefoot 100% of the time.

We'll probably go barefoot most of the time, but will have flip flops for lunch and bathroom visits. They do try to hose the concrete off and in general the stairs for attractions will be wet. There are definite hot spots though.

The idea of going into any bathroom at a waterpark without footwear totally grosses me out. Yes we all wear water shoes

We'll probably go barefoot most of the time, but will have flip flops for lunch and bathroom visits. They do try to hose the concrete off and in general the stairs for attractions will be wet. There are definite hot spots though.
Agreed. I go barefoot except for the restroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter