WaterParks worth it

GoofyFreak66

GoofyDad
Hi all - We are headed to the World in Early November and we were wondering if the Waterparks were worth adding to our tickets. We are there for 7 days and have the park hopper option now.

Thank you in advance for any information

Hi all - We are headed to the World in Early November and we were wondering if the Waterparks were worth adding to our tickets. We are there for 7 days and have the park hopper option now.

Thank you in advance for any information

FYI, I moved your post to the main TPAS board.

We are a water park family. Unless it’s in the middle of winter, we try to fit at least one in on any given trip. We really enjoy both parks.

FYI, BB will be closed in early November for annual refurbishment/maintenance, but TL will be open (weather permitting).

I would say with younger children, no, but with older children (8+), yes. Just my experiences as going to the parks as both an older child myself, and taking young children there as an adult. 7 days can fly by with young kids.

Both WaterParks are world class, clean and well themed.
I absolutely agree there. The question in my mind is it worth skipping an extra half day at the parks to go to one of the water parks, as the theme parks are also world class, clean, and well themed, but do not cost extra.
We currently have premier APs, which include water park access, and I do not plan on going to one this summer because we will only be there for 4 days and the theme parks are so great all by themselves.

Typhoon Lagoon has been a welcome change of pace in the middle of a stay. As long as the temps are comfortable.

To me summers in Florida mean waterparks,movie theaters and theme parks after 7pm,I have little desire to do the theme parks when the sun is out for the next 3-4 months,when the Eat to the Beat concerts start I'll make an exception.My Disney silver passes start their blackout dates tomorrow and I'm totally cool with it,I still have Universal,Busch and Sea World passes that are good all year but this is waterpark time,its the only place where it might be 96 degrees and you dont feel it.As far as a visitor coming to town in November are waterparks worth it,I think if the weather is warm enough for you and you've never done them then thats a good enough reason to do them.If you've done the theme parks and want to do something new then go for it and add on the waterpark option,that time of year they probably wont be too busy so spending 4-5 hours at a waterpark to then go to the theme parks seems like a fun day.

I will add to that, going down to disney in september, hitting Blizzard beach, but might go to typhoon logon also

Definitely! We always make it a point to go to at least one water park each visit. It’s a nice break from the regular parks and they are fun!

I will sorta go against the grain and say I wouldn't do it. Not sure the kids' ages, but I would opt for a rest day in the middle instead. Seven days really just hits a whole day at each park and time to revisit faves. We did 7 straight days on our first trip, and I have made a point of not doing that again. And for us, a wsterpark is NOT a rest day other than the fact that rope drop is slightly later and the close earlier; we are still pretty beat afterward. We love the waterparks, but we save them for summer visits. And if you do decide to do a waterpark, you should compare the cost of a one-day ticket to the waterpark add-on option; it's probably cheaper to just pay the waterpark entry if you only go once.

Both are a lot of fun. We have it on our AP. I would agree that it may be cheaper to do it as a single ticket than to add it to your passes. As pp mentioned, check the prices to see what is your best deal.

We did Typhoon Lagoon for the first time this last trip and LOVED it! I agree that 7 days of tickets can’t be a bit much if you try to go commando everyday. We did that last trip and said never again! But the waterpark was great for a slower day...later open time and we were back at the resort eating dinner a little after 6pm. We did pizza at Pop Century and then just walked around the resort and let them play on the playground.

If you’ve already paid for the Parkhopper options it is much cheaper to just add the waterparks as an option. I believe it’s around $15 and you could waterpark or minigolf. If you thought you might want some slower days, you could change to a 5 day ticket and then do each of the waterparks to still give you 7 days. It is an option DH and I have discussed doing next trip because our bigger kids ages 6 and 5 LOVED the waterpark!

Thank you all for the great information - looks like we will be adding the waterpark option to our tickets!

With 7 days and in early November, my vote would be no. We've traveled in November twice before and both times, it was iffy if we were going to get any pool time in. Temps are right on the cusp of being warm enough vs. too cold. And with 7 days, that's enough time to do the parks at a leisurely pace. Take a day away for a water park and then you might find yourself rushing things or missing things in the parks, which is likely the main reason you're there.

If you visit often, are there for longer than a week, kids are older, and this was summertime - then I would say the waterparks would be worth it.

BB may be closed for refurb during your trip, but honestly i wouldve recommended TL anyway. We like it much better than BB. We found BB way too tiring, climbing up carrying tubes the whole time isnt my idea of fun. lol. It was very tiring. We LOVE the wave pool at TL. So fun. We always have a blast at TL.

But FWIW, i'd honestly pass on water parks for your trip. Reason being is that the weather is unpredictable and it may be too chilly to hit a water park in Nov and fully enjoy it. For my trip last year in early Nov it was too chilly to swim. I swam twice anyway at my resort...but for a water park, no way. I wouldnt bother adding the water park option in your case. Save your money. Just my opinion.

100% worth it. change of pace from the parks and with the changes in the FP system it also makes sense to book an evening in the parks with FP. water parks can be tiring though. My DD and I counted one time and walked up enough steps to climb the empire state building. We usually plan a quiet night in the parks after a day at a water park

BB may be closed for refurb during your trip

This is a good point. I was going to mention that I thought they usually close one of the waterparks for refurb that time of year. If that ends up being the case, it could make the other waterpark busy if you have warm weather during your trip.

I would also echo the advice of PP to price out the difference of the add-on vs one time admission to the waterpark. If the latter ends up being cheaper, then you can just play it by ear and decide on the fly if you want to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter