Waterproof cameras

Elaine Guidi

Elaine
We are doing a Dolphin swim at DC and will also visit Seaworld at least once. Any info on whether an underwater camera is worthwhile - I have seen some fairly cheap single use types. If there are some underwater opportunities how many exposures (estimate) would I need on average. TYIA.

sorry don't know how many exposures you would need we don't visit until August, but check out Boots they were selling Kodak waterproof cameras. 3 for the price of 2.

Last summer I used a waterproof Fugi and a Kodak. I believe they had 27 exp. each. The Fugi was great-pictures came out beautifully. The Kodak pictures came out blurry-I do remember some condensation on the inside of the cover-that could be why. I am going to buy the Fugi this year-It is about $8-9 at Wal Mart-Up to $13 at local drugstores here. I use one for each day of a water park. Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks snookhams for directing me to a 3 for 2 offer and also thanks to Disneymomma for confirming 1 per park. I thought this may be about right as I didn't think it would be enough for both places but didn't want to be left with loads extra as where else would you use them?

I will second the Fuji ones as well. My DH and I both used one on our one day at DC.

I got ours at Target. They were on sale there (check your Sunday circulars in the newspaper), and I had a coupon which brought the price down to about $7 each.

The pictures are crisp and nice. We actually had a few exposures left over so we used them during the day as well. (they didn't work at nightime).

I've used a Kodak and Fuji waterproof camera. I like the Fuji much better. It's easier to hold and wind the film. The Kodak was a nightmare. The film jammed and all sorts of nonsense happened.

I haven't tried the Fuji but I second Barry that the Kodak one was awful! I took pictures at IOA and USF and they all came out with a haze to them, I was so upset! :mad: Luckily I got a few good pictures of Jaws and the Jurassic Park Ride. :rolleyes: I'm trying the Fuji ones this time around. Enjoy your trip!!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter