Waterproof / water-resistant

londonpenguin

The Voice of Reason
Can someone tell me the difference between waterproof and water-resistant, as it applies to a watch? I don't want to wear my nice watch to WDW as, what with all the water-related rides and water parks, I don't want it to be ruined by moisture. I've found a decent, inexpensive watch that says it's "water-resistant to 165 feet." I'm sure this will last through Splash Mountain, etc., but will it last at Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon?

Yes,Water resistant, with a any meter number fom 30 to 165 will do the job.

Before you spend a lot of money go to Walmart you can get a 30m Water Resistant watch that works really well! For about ten bucks! And they have cutting edge styles to classical designs!!

As an owner of a new Doxa Sub 300T diving watch good to 300 meters down in the ocean, I have researched this a bit. For what you want, any watch that is water resistant will be just fine. There is no such thing as water proof and manufacturers are getting away from that term. Just like police bullet proof vests are really called bullet resistant. Some rounds will go through. I bought my DW a wonderful Minnie watch at Wal-Mart for under $25 that she used the whole time at WDW including the water rides, Typhoon Lagoon and at Daytona beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter