Way Too Early Planning Advice - OKC to DLR - Traffic Concerns, Hotel Recs in AZ, etc.

It sounds like you've got it all figured out already, so I'll just add a point for reference. I made the drive from OKC to Disneyland almost 10 years ago now, solo. I left at about 5am, and hit a brick wall just over the California border the next morning at 2-4am. With another driver I may have been able to push through, but we would have been dead on our feet upon arrival. I did stop for a quick dinner in Flagstaff, and in hindsight it would have been about the ideal place to call it a night.

Sounds like you're on the right track! I actually quite enjoyed the drive and the scenery, past Texas.

yeah, the brick-wall is a freeway free of lights, interchanges without lights or services , though the homesteads way out on the horizon have lights....the only way you can stay awake is track the emergency telephone boxes, is it closer behind me or in front of me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter