Wb tour?

We've done it twice now. And it's a million times better now than it was back in 2004. The whole VIP Tour Center has been relocated (it's not in an underground carpark anymore) and it's really nice. Like all the studio tours, it's not for everyone but if you like TV or movies at all, then you'll enjoy it.

We saw George Clooney and Clint Eastwood when we did it back in August so never say never to seeign any stars. We saw no one back in 2004 but this year kinda made up for that.

There's a cool new addition to the tour where you and your party get to react to the Dukes of Hazzard car flying over your head in front of a green screen. You'll get the picture back at the Tour Center after you tour has finished. It's a nice keepsake.

You'll see dozens of famous locations and pretty much what you would expect from one of the World's most famous movie and TV studios. We went on the 'Studio 60' set in August which was interesting.

For the price, it's WELL worth it!!!!

Not being an ER fan, I totally forgot about that. Your sis will love the tour then. You'll see the entrance to the Emergency Room from ER and you'll probably get to go inside too. It's TINY but a fan would enjoy it. You'll get to sit on the Central Perk couch too. That was the highlight for me!!!

Enjoy your tour. Let us know how it goes...

There are a number of movie studio tours that are worth it (besides Universal). We have gone on WB and Paramount, and it is interesting to see the sets and hear stories about the past, present and future of films and TV. We weren't lucky as some here, but you may see a star or two on these tours. Also, take some extra time and take in a taping of a TV show. My date and I went to go see the taping of a little known show called 'Ellen,' back before she became a talk show phenomenon, so its pretty cool.

Our ma was telling us if you to the market early in the moring you can sometimes pick up free tickets to shows. We were gonna try for it.

Jay Leno is right around the corner from the WB Tour. You can walk there from your WB parking space, two long blocks and takes about 10 minutes to walk. If you take an 11am tour, then have lunch, you can head over to NBC around 2:30pm and be on line at the 3pm arrival time. tvtix.com is the place to get your Jay Leno tickets a couple of days before the show.

If you have "Ellen" tickets, you pick them up in the morning and then have some time to kill until you return in the afternoon. a 10am WB Tour would be the perfect way to kill the time while you wait to go in to Ellen's show......it's about 5 long blocks walk from where you line up for "Ellen", or a short drive.

I didn't really care for the WB tour. I'm not sure if the problem was our tour guide..... We didn't see anyone famous. Didn't really see anything at all. We spent a lot of time in the backlot streets where the tour guide pointed out where Spiderman and Annie was filmed. If you like, ER, you'll see the ER entrance. The museum was nice but we were only given 15 minutes to look around. We spent so much time locking up our camera and then relocking them up 5 minutes later. We saw a George Lopez set. The green screen thing is now a photo op with Happy Feet. Then we drove by a lot of brown buildings. We were really looking forward to this after all of the great reviews and we were really dissappointed. We had a full golf cart, which I think really slowed the tour down. Lots of time locking/unlocking cameras from the back seat of the golf cart.

As far as seeing Jay Leno, if you pick up Jay Leno tickets at the ticket booth at Universal. You will get guaranteed seating.

Can you get to the WB set through Universal? Or is a completely seperate park? I know I seen the WB tower as its close but ive only been to US once before and I have no idea. Im still quite new.

WB is about a 5 min drive from Universal. WB is not a theme park. Its a tv and movie studio where 5000 people go to work every day. On the "tour", you get into a golf cart and ride around, watching them build sets, take down sets, have lunch...maybe even spot a celebrity or two. There is a "history of WB" museum stop that features Harry Potter. It's a 2 hour deal, not an all-day amusement park. There is also a $150 5-hour tour that includes visits to sets and lunch in the commissary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter