• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

Ugh! They shortened the hours for our November trip too. Isn’t this going to make crowds in the parks higher? Less hours mean people will be staying all day. Except AK I guess it doesn’t take long for it.

Just went to MDE and the times have all been changed there already for our Sept trip.
Glad I have ADR for Skipper Canteen at 6pm. That will extend one of our MK days a bit anyway.
No way I'm holding on to my hopper option. (CM today tried to talk me into keeping it "in case" hopping is allowed in Sept). Who has time to hop with these windows of operation?
I understand that hopping with these hours would not be as exciting but it would still be a nice thing to have. They could set it up like the FastPass+ system where after you use your three FastPasses you get another, so after you enter your one theme park you could reserve another pass for later in the day at a different park. Based on the availability calendar it’s not like they are filling up the parks.

I understand that hopping with these hours would not be as exciting but it would still be a nice thing to have. They could set it up like the FastPass+ system where after you use your three FastPasses you get another, so after you enter your one theme park you could reserve another pass for later in the day at a different park. Based on the availability calendar it’s not like they are filling up the parks.
Yes, I agree they *could* have it for those that wanted it. For us, on this trip, we want to make the most out of the limited park hours and stay in one park per day. Transportation from one park to the next can, sometimes, eat up a good chunk of time.

Also, with the earlier park closures, those who are going to make close to closing dining reservations, whether at the park or the resorts, and are using Disney transportation, keep in mind that that will be shutting down early too. We made the mistake on our most recent trip a few weeks ago of making a 6:50pm dining reservation at Kona at the Poly, and not taking into consideration the timing of return transportation. We were staying at Boulder Ridge Villas, so took the boat over to the MK, and then the monorail to the Poly, and then figured we would just do it in reserve, taking the monorail back to the MK to catch the boat. We arrived at the monorail station at the Poly at 8:10pm, and security there told we were ten minutes too late. The MK closed at 7, so all transportation was done at 8. At first we thought they were joking with us, as they were smiling when they told us. Nope, no joke. The security guards said take the Disney Springs bus, and then catch the WL bus. No thanks. We Lyfted for about $10.
Hadn't thought of that! Thanks for the heads-up! I will be checking the transportation hours as our trip gets closer and plan accordingly. Just cannot take for granted that any of the "pre-covid WDW" is in place during this time! By posting you probably saved us the cost of an Uber back to our resort!! ::yes::

FWIW, before going in July I was grumpy about the hours. But after being there I found it wasn’t nearly as “bad” as I had expected and it was borderline a non-issue overall. We adjusted/modified our habits and moved on. Probably saved me money as we had less meals in the park, less time spent shopping/snacking, etc.

Sure, it is not ideal at all, but seeing as it is what it is for the time being, I think it can be manageable for some touring preferences.

Granted these new Sept+ hours are even more restricted, but they wouldn’t stop us from going, after having been there and done that from the reduced hours this summer.

I would like to see Disney start to open up more of the resort options/later pool hours to offer more options for resort guests though.

Agreed, considering there have been rumors about some parks only going for 5 days, I'd much rather have this. Obviously not ideal, but I'll take 7days of less hours than 5 days
Not me, I’d rather a full day with some evening hours to get the value out of the 1 day ticket...and then go to universal or sea world the days they are closed!

FWIW, before going in July I was grumpy about the hours. But after being there I found it wasn’t nearly as “bad” as I had expected and it was borderline a non-issue overall. We adjusted/modified our habits and moved on. Probably saved me money as we had less meals in the park, less time spent shopping/snacking, etc.

Sure, it is not ideal at all, but seeing as it is what it is for the time being, I think it can be manageable for some touring preferences.

Granted these new Sept+ hours are even more restricted, but they wouldn’t stop us from going, after having been there and done that from the reduced hours this summer.

I would like to see Disney start to open up more of the resort options/later pool hours to offer more options for resort guests though.

yes... I’m not a Disney Springs fan... what do you do after you leave? So bummed

I’m not really a Springs person either. For us, it was pool and resort/balcony/beverage time. Admittedly not applicable for some resorts with no/limited views/balconies.

feature pool at our resort is closed and spending from 6pm on on the balcony for us is too long, Maybe for one night, but not every night...but I’m Really glad you enjoyed it! We tend to Be active and stay out till 10 or even later on those hot Florida nights to capture the cool evenings... but so little is open even at the resorts Now.

sigh... might be the deal breaker.

feature pool at our resort is closed and spending from 6pm on on the balcony for us is too long, Maybe for one night, but not every night...but I’m Really glad you enjoyed it! We tend to Be active and stay out till 10 or even later on those hot Florida nights to capture the cool evenings... but so little is open even at the resorts Now.

What resort are you staying at?

I wonder if you could visit the campground, see the new horse stable, check out all the Halloween decorated sites etc...I think if you are a resort guest someplace you are able to hop to other resorts.
I'm not sure about how you would use Disney transportation though. If parks close so early then buses may not be running.

I wonder if you could visit the campground, see the new horse stable, check out all the Halloween decorated sites etc...I think if you are a resort guest someplace you are able to hop to other resorts.
I'm not sure about how you would use Disney transportation though. If parks close so early then buses may not be running.

im in mid September so no Halloween get... and we have horses next door at home... we live in the remote country so that’s not a vacation to me LOL! I want fancy and night life! Sorry I’m whiney

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter