• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WDW COVID-19 Operational Changes- Reservation System-Rope Drop Procedures

It was indicated that they already did this increase - As it was said that “they have been operating at 35%”. It was also sad that this was done in conjunction with other changes such as the addition of plexiglass barriers on rides to add capacity so if folks recall when that was done to rise of the resistance and Mickey and Minnie’s runaway railway that would be about the time based on how it was described in reports of the earnings call.

I am mad and disappointed too because I spoke to cast members in guest services 10 days ago who claimed that things were operating at 25% - after putting me on hold to confirm that percentage - and no changes were going to be made. We are supposed to leave in a week and based on this COVID case increase all over the country it seems like a poor choice and cost benefit of ever decreasing value and higher risk.

And when they said hotels are being booked at greater rate and two capacity does that mean 100% full or to “Covid” capacity? They are not sharing so it’s impossible to know.
Yes, that's what I thought...there was lots of speculation, I'd say starting in Oct. that capacity seemed to have been increased. Personally, I think that's probably when they did increase things. - Not saying it was at 35% every day, but I will say it was pretty packed when we were there over fall break. We've been many many times before Covid and twice since and the trip in Oct. seemed to be much busier than our Labor day trip.

Also, there is no doubt in my mind that when they put out their capacity's it's of 100% capacity in normal times...so 25% capacity and 35% is not that different then slow times at Disney precovid in terms of amount of ppl. The difference is there's less open and less to do in less time.

Yes, that's what I thought...there was lots of speculation, I'd say starting in Oct. that capacity seemed to have been increased. Personally, I think that's probably when they did increase things. - Not saying it was at 35% every day, but I will say it was pretty packed when we were there over fall break. We've been many many times before Covid and twice since and the trip in Oct. seemed to be much busier than our Labor day trip.

Also, there is no doubt in my mind that when they put out their capacity's it's of 100% capacity in normal times...so 25% capacity and 35% is not that different then slow times at Disney precovid in terms of amount of ppl. The difference is there's less open and less to do in less time.
MK is typically at about 65% , 100% is around 90k
35% is about 35k

MK is typically at about 65% , 100% is around 90k
35% is about 35k
Do you happen to know what the average attendance was for MK during the slow periods (beginning of Sept. etc.)? Also, is there somewhere that we can see the precovid attendance numbers?

With all due respect, you should never totally believe what a CM tells you on the phone. Time and time again we discover they do not have the most accurate information. Like @yulilin3 said, if you wear your masks, wash your hands, and sanitize, you should be fine. Go and have fun on your trip. If you feel you need to isolate for a bit when you get back to feel safer, then do so.

As sad as it is; the reality is you should basically take every single thing a CM tells you, whether it's on the phone or in person with a very large grain of salt. More times than not the information that I've ever gotten from a CM has been wrong. This is where I come for accurate info.

As sad as it is; the reality is you should basically take every single thing a CM tells you, whether it's on the phone or in person with a very large grain of salt. More times than not the information that I've ever gotten from a CM has been wrong. This is where I come for accurate info.
I don't think CMs are trying to tell us the wrong thing, I think they aren't being communicated with adequately by Disney. And that is unfortunate.

Do you happen to know what the average attendance was for MK during the slow periods (beginning of Sept. etc.)? Also, is there somewhere that we can see the precovid attendance numbers?
Disney doesn't release numbers so we can only guess. I would think maybe 10k at the most gotte the reopening

I don't think CMs are trying to tell us the wrong thing, I think they aren't being communicated with adequately by Disney. And that is unfortunate.
I would assume and hope so too, but it really doesn't matter to me the why...just it's good knowledge to never take anything a cm tells you as fact or accurate unfortunately.

Time to return to this thread after a lengthy absence. The kids decided Vero Beach, to use up their expiring DVC points after Christmas, just wasn't going to cut it. We're heading to WDW instead. I've got a lot of catch up reading to do, what'd I miss..... :rotfl:

If we make it to February and that's still the case, I don't think many, myself included, will be able to believe it
it is quite unbelievable I'll be the first to admit it, and I don't know the science behind nor is this the place to discuss that, but I guess that wearing a mask, not touching your face and washing your hands/sanitizing properly are really the key. And I can only put myself and my kids as examples, not only do I work at a theme park (SWO) which is the worst at guests being mask compliant, I put it at around 75%, and we had a huge season with Halloween being the only park offering real trick or treating and festivities, we got packed every weekend, and I tell you it was shoulder to shoulder, no way to avoid the crowds in the trick or treat trail which I worked every weekend, I also have visited the parks 3 times weekly since reopening in June, my kids work and also play at the theme parks, we have been very fortunate, and I know we have been exposed to it but the safety measures have helped keep it away from our body. There's no other way to explain it
A lot of people claim we haven't seen an outbreak reported cause there is no contact tracing but do you think if people from around the country would start getting sick and talking about the fact that they were here it wouldn't get out? Also easy to see in CM/TM/Ambassador reports, and they do have to report it to their manager and they have to report it to fellow CM/TM/Ambassadors, it hasn't happened

it is quite unbelievable I'll be the first to admit it, and I don't know the science behind nor is this the place to discuss that, but I guess that wearing a mask, not touching your face and washing your hands/sanitizing properly are really the key. And I can only put myself and my kids as examples, not only do I work at a theme park (SWO) which is the worst at guests being mask compliant, I put it at around 75%, and we had a huge season with Halloween being the only park offering real trick or treating and festivities, we got packed every weekend, and I tell you it was shoulder to shoulder, no way to avoid the crowds in the trick or treat trail which I worked every weekend, I also have visited the parks 3 times weekly since reopening in June, my kids work and also play at the theme parks, we have been very fortunate, and I know we have been exposed to it but the safety measures have helped keep it away from our body. There's no other way to explain it
A lot of people claim we haven't seen an outbreak reported cause there is no contact tracing but do you think if people from around the country would start getting sick and talking about the fact that they were here it wouldn't get out? Also easy to see in CM/TM/Ambassador reports, and they do have to report it to their manager and they have to report it to fellow CM/TM/Ambassadors, it hasn't happened
Thanks for sharing this. We are of course concerned about coming Dec/Jan, so your report makes me feel as though we can get through without incident. I tend to get sick at the end of long Disney trips, but then I've never been wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer constantly. That will be new this time around.

Is anyone else worried the parks will close down again? I’m in California and Disneyland is still closed and is far away from reopening. We have a trip planned in March to Disney World (reachuled from September) and I’m scared to get excited due to the parks shutting down again. I know no one has a crystal ball, just curious on everyone else’s thoughts.

By the state of Florida or the parks themselves, I think not likely. By the new prez, possibly. I just commented to my husband that I'm glad we're going before mid January.

Is anyone else worried the parks will close down again? I’m in California and Disneyland is still closed and is far away from reopening. We have a trip planned in March to Disney World (reachuled from September) and I’m scared to get excited due to the parks shutting down again. I know no one has a crystal ball, just curious on everyone else’s thoughts.

Based on the governor’s stance on COVID and the economic impact, it’s highly unlikely of there will be another full shutdown. There could be a partial one where they restrict numbers (i.e., back to 25%), but nothing more severe. California is a different matter.

I think when a vaccine begins distribution,even a very limited one to start,and all signs point to sometime in December,there will be a HUGE "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling and even though there will still be hard months ahead,I think the "appetite" to close WDW again just won't be strong enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter