WDW Kid's Clubs and My disabled DD

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
You know I didn't know where to post this but decided that maybe it would be helpful here.

I have a non-verbal, non-mobile 100% dependent 7 yer old DD. Her name is Ryleigh and she is a charmer. One thing we have discovered is that at Disney...Ryleigh can be a normal child. Everyone is so busy with there own families and getting to the rides they want, they don't have time to sit and stare but instead smile and a quick wave to her! The CM's are brillant and offer more support than we even need at times.

But most of all, we love the Kid's Clubs. One thing I do want/ need to mention is that even though my child is 100% dependent, she has no behavioural or medical needs so I am unsure if this has anything to do with her being able to attend them.

We have been lucky to have wonderful CM's and children participating at each Club we have tried so far. In May 2001, we did the Land/Sea cruise on the Wonder, but stayed in the POly as our land resort. This was the first time we used a WDW kid's club and we were happy with the serive we got. Ryleigh only went for 2 hours when we went to dinner @ O'hana's but she made a butterfly picture with a CM and met a little girl who was also going on the cruise. It was nice to spend 2 more days at the resort and have another family wave when they saw Ryleigh.. they also did that on the cruise but we didn't see too much of them as their daughter was in the Oceaneer's Lab and we were in the Oceaneer's Club.

The Oceaneer's Club still has to be our favourite as they out did our expectations. We had brougt and child care worker with us to go with Ryleigh in the Club only to discover that they would be happy enough to take her without her worker! (yikes! I could have saved a bundle and NOT brought the worker!!! Oh well!)
They did as much with her as possible but were not allowed to feed, change or transfer her. However they had her a good 4-6 hours a day and loved her to pieces. We were only on a 3 day cruise!!

And in November 2003, we used Simba's Club at AKL. Again very happy with service. They had her for 2 nights for approximately 3 hours each evening and she was very happy with them. The caregivers were wonderful older ladies who reminded me of my mom so I ws happy to leave her there. THe first night there were about 8 kids, the 2nd, there were only 3. Ryleigh had more fun on the first night but was still happy when we picked her up on the second one too!

We are going back this May(2004) and hoping to use either the Mouseketeers Club at GF or the Kid's Club @ the Yacht and Beach Club. I'll let you know if we use it as my mom's coming too!

Wow, that's great to hear! WE are planning a trip that may include the Poly Kid's club for my autistic son.

Thanks for the club info. I was just thinking about that when I saw your posting. It made me feel so much better and definately willing to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter