WDW on Columbus Day Weekend

BeckWhy

<font color=FF99FF>The Tag Fairy prefers to remain
How is the world on Columbus Day weekend? How are the crowds? Also, if anyone has gone around that time, what were the park hours like?

Becky

In 1999, we did the Thursday-Tuesday surrounding Columbus Day. It was perfect weather, shorts and t-shirts. The parks closed between 5-7pm. The only time we needed a jacket was for Fantasmic. We never waited more than 20 minutes for a ride. The only crowded day was actually Columbus day, when the locals were out of school. Since this was our last day, we still braved MK and we did fine. We filled our nights with the Hoop Dee Doo, Downtown Disney strolling and eating and REST! My kids were only 5 and 7. We were in our room by 9pm---gladly.:cool:

We went Columbus Day weekend 2001, I know that it was right after Sept. 11, so the crwods were probably lower than usual.
The only bad day was the Saturday of Columbus Day weekend.
Magic Kingdom was packed.
Since they only have fireworks and Spectromagic on Saturdays during October EVERYBODY was there to see it.
Luckily, they annouced that they added an extra parade due to crowds, so we got to stay at MK longer and enjoyed the 10pm parade which was less crowded.
As far as hours, from my recollection MK usually closes at 6-7pm week nights and 9pm weekends, MGM 7:30pm, AK 5:00pm, and Epcot closed after the 9pm Illumintations.
The two times we have been in Ocotber, the weather was great, mid 80s not too hot but still good for swimming. In the evening there sometimes was a slight chill but it didnt keep us from swimming.

We did it this past year. It was fine. We get there eary, take a break, an come back in the evening. You should have seen how man people were trying to get into the MK on Saturday after 11am!!!! We hadd done all we wanted and were on our way out. we had a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter